Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:44 PM   #1  

Default My Optifast Journey

Today is my first full day on the Optifast program. I have read so many blogs and want to be able to share my journey. Reading other's before me has made this decision easier. I feel like I know what I'm getting into from real people. I don't know how to blog, so when I found this forum, I thought I could start here!

I survived my day and the journey of a million miles starts today for me. I am hoping to lose 86 pounds and reset my mind and body when it comes to food and eating healthy, along with exercise. I will be going to meetings every week and be medically supervised to ensure success.

If anyone is on this journey, I would love to hear from you!
tchrshelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 01:15 AM   #2  

Day 3 and I'm doing okay! I actually feel really good! I was afraid of feeling tired and hungry- but I am anything but! I either have a shake or a glass of water in my hand for the entire day!

I met my first challenge today- I had my work Christmas party at a restaurant. It wasn't as bad as I thought it be! Everyone was supportive and I didn't feel left out!
tchrshelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 297.4/278/150

Height: 5'4"-44 years old

great job avoiding temptation. I'm glad you are doing well so far
rosestara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:45 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrshelli View Post
Day 3 and I'm doing okay! I actually feel really good! I was afraid of feeling tired and hungry- but I am anything but! I either have a shake or a glass of water in my hand for the entire day!

I met my first challenge today- I had my work Christmas party at a restaurant. It wasn't as bad as I thought it be! Everyone was supportive and I didn't feel left out!
Today is my Day 4. I'm excited to read that you started, but wondering how you continued.

I'm LOVING the food (after I add the stuff I've found to make it awesome). But going through two days of Christmas celebrations was super hard.

I made it, though.

#xoxo
Bon
MathFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/216/130

Height: 5.1ft

I am on day two. I'm finding it incredibly easy with no problems being around food. First day I missed the inate act of eating but was not hungry at all. I too have shake or water at all times. I am not drinking water after 6 though cause I want to sleep at night and not frequent the bathroom instead. I am just waiting for the honeymoon period to end and I can start learning how my mind and body works works when it comes to food and eating. I am sure this will become a struggle soon. But I am determined to get through it all not only to lose weight but to learn about my habits of eating and how to be healthy. I am curious of others journey and how they feel.
Furee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:26 PM   #6  

Hi Furee -- I am scheduled to start Optifast on March 3rd through Kaiser. Sounds like you are off to a great start. Good to hear you are not having any issues.
eirean7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

I'm on day 5, and so far so good. I'm on an 1100 calorie plan due to my weight, and it's actually hard to eat 7 times a day! I do 6 'products' and one 'mini meal' of 140 calories of protein and veggie. Haven't been hungry aside from normal 'time for a meal' hunger, not ravenous 'must consume all food!' hunger. I am surrounded by food all the time, but no cravings yet.

Tonight I am making a tiny stir fry, sans oil, with my 3 ounces of shrimp and cup of raw veggies -- plus ginger, garlic, salt, and red pepper.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Yesterday I went to McDonald's with a friend, pre-massage. Yikes! My 'mini meal' ended up being the chicken out of a grilled chicken snack wrap and a little bit of the flour tortilla. No veggies, but I'll live.

I think having this one 'mini meal' that isn't product-based has been really useful for me. Gives me a bit of flexibility in going out, other than 'mix a shake at the table', and makes the process feel slightly more 'normal'.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote