Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:32 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 175/168/140

Height: 5'3''

I counted the 1/2 as a whole fruit. It was pretty big.

I was thinking tonight that maybe I' ll make the cake with my dairy, might even do that with the cheesecake slotted for tonight, as I heard it wasnt that good either. Maybe that will help?
littlefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 203/199/170

Height: 5'9"

Well day three and all is well. I find I am not hungry after supper and didn't eat snack after supper yesterday and today didn't have dessert and one meal replacement. When I tried eating some crispy o's last night it kind of made me gag; not from the taste, but my body was just refusing. I also am eating more salads than the recommended 2 cups, but I really love crunching on veggies and salads for lunch and supper. Are you guys tweaking things too? I just hope it is not going to affect my success.
jonimenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 175/168/140

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonimenz View Post
Well day three and all is well. I find I am not hungry after supper and didn't eat snack after supper yesterday and today didn't have dessert and one meal replacement. When I tried eating some crispy o's last night it kind of made me gag; not from the taste, but my body was just refusing. I also am eating more salads than the recommended 2 cups, but I really love crunching on veggies and salads for lunch and supper. Are you guys tweaking things too? I just hope it is not going to affect my success.
Day three for me too. Not hungry all day except for right at dinner time, and now 2 hours later. Time for a snack! I'm not measuring my veggies. I've got two friends on Medifast and they dont measure. They really load up on veggies. It hasnt affected their weight loss, down 50 and 30 respectively. Figured if they do it that way, why cant i? Had sauteed zuchinni tonight with a little bell pepper, seasoned with miss dash. Also had a green salad. Sprinkled salad with oregeno, pepper, and then drissled with red win vinegar. Pretty good
littlefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:41 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

LOL - Resident WS expert here. I hardly ever check new posts anymore, so you got lucky I saw this thread to answer a few questions. I mostly check HERE for WS users, questions, answers, ect. Plus, page 1 has links to a lot of useful information, such as old posts, recipes, and so on.

Anyways, let's see if I can address some of these.

Ultimately, measuring veggies isn't that big of a deal. Veggies, especially the dark greens, which you should steer towards anyways, are "negative calorie" foods...meaning it takes more energy to eat and digest them than they provide. You'd have to eat 20 pounds of brocolli to gain 1/2 a pound! So, eat as much as you want (as long as it isn't the starch or "sugary" veggies...such as corn, carrots, tomotoes, peas, ect...measure those!) The main reason why they tell you to measure is to make sure you get ENOUGH of them, as you need them for the fiber on the WS diet. Plain and simple, there is not enough fiber in the pre-packaged foods. And most people don't get enough veggies in their day. So, measure to make sure you meet the minimum requirement, but after that, eat to your heart's content.

Personally, I think the cake is horrible. I'd rather drag my tongue across glass shreds. But, I have found a way to make a cake using the regular packets (again, the link up top has links to those recipes) and it is better...no where near the real thing of course, but worlds better. and the cheesecake...save that "optional" fat throughout the day...then add 2 tablespoons of fat free cream cheese to the cheese cake...voila! Instant success!!!!

WS DOES in fact except exchanges. They actually are REALLY good about making sure you are happy. All you have to do is buzz them through chat on the diet direst website or call them. You will be taken care of....like, they LITERALLY have the best customer service EVER!

I've been on WS since 01/13. I have dramatically slowed weight loss due to the fact that I work out heavy....by heavy I mean I run 2-3 miles three times a week and do heavy lifting 3 times a week. So I have to add food into my diet. That being said, The first 4 months of WS, I followed the plan 100% and lost 38 pounds in that time frame. I do a very modified version of WS now, due to my heavy workouts...but I do still use the products and have crazy amounts of knowledge on the stuff (and other topics.) All you gotta do is ask
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:48 PM   #20  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
have crazy amounts of knowledge on the stuff (and other topics.) All you gotta do is ask
Thanks zoesmom! It's good to have a pro among us newbies!
One thing I can say about WS is that I feel like I'm eating all the time and feel full more often...must be the protein. I had a headache first day...Maybe that is sugar withdrawal?
I noticed that WS has quite a few more carbs than Ideal Protein. (I was on that last year but it made my hip bones hurt and couldn't exercise so stopped it. Plus it was expensive!) With WS you aren't in ketosis right?
Anyway, hope all of your days are going well gals!
Joni
Old 01-17-2014, 08:48 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

One thing I have learned along the way is that carbs don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Well, they matter. But not as much as we've been led to believe over the past several years.

We all know protein is super important. In truth, it is second only to water. Protein builds and maintains muscle. Muscle, in turn, burns fat. So, the more muscle you have, the more fat burning potential you have. That part is easy to understand and most people don't have a hard time with this. Also, protein will make you feel full, longer.

Carbs are often thought of as the "evil macronutrient". But in truth, they are the fuel we need to move. Our bodies simply can not turn protein into energy. Protein is the building blocks, carbs is the gas to get the hunk of blocks moving. The simple truth is, most of your calories tend to come from carbs. Our bodies are programed to want carbs, because we want energy. Enter in 20th and 21st century and we have evolved to not be required to run after our food and harvest our grain. In essence, we are lazy. That means we need less energy, less carbs, than we did 100 years ago. Or, we need to pick up exercise. The reason low carb diets work isn't because we don't need carbs. It works because we have grown lazy over the years and are not using our resources as they were intended. Tri-athletes eat upwards of 300 carbs a day. And they are rail thin most of the time. It isn't genetics, not entirely. It's that they use carbs efficently, something a good many of us don't do. It's still the old cliche, calories in versus calories out. And most our calories tends to come from carbs...so it is easy to eliminate extra calories by cutting back on our allowed carbs. Well, easy in theory. In practice, it kinda sucks sometimes.

And fats...did you know that the only way to burn old fat is to take in new fat? If you aren't taking in new sources of fat, your body gets scared and holds on to every ounce you have. On the other hand, if you take in moderate, healthy amounts (such as what WS recommends), your body will go ahead and get rid of that extra fat when you are dieting because it knows it is getting a very important nutrient all the time.

But you asked about ketosis. It depends on your own body and the way it metabolises. Some people hit it at 150g. Some at 90g. Others have to go all the way to 20g. For me, I hit it at 72g. And I HATED the way I felt in ketosis. Some people claim to have more energy and be in a better mood. Not me. I slept all the time. I was crabby. The only good thing is I didn't carve junk.

The headache the first day is a carb withdrawl. The first couple days suck. Day three was the worst for me. After that, it wasn't so hard, except I was tired all the time. But that was my fault (I didn't eat the fruit, the starch, or the milk at first.)

And FWIW, consistently high-protein diet could lead to joint pain as a result of a loss of calcium, dehydration, gout, or arthritis-like symptoms. That's why doctors recommend against long term high protein diets.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 249.2/Ticker/140

Quote:
Hi! I began WS on Monday. It will be nice to have some support from others on the same program!
Are you guys new to WS? I am.
Welcome, Joni.

How are you doing so far? I am on day 9 and loving it so far.

Oh, and it is very nice to have the support from our fellow WonderSlimmers.
MissMollyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefoot View Post
I counted the 1/2 as a whole fruit. It was pretty big.

I was thinking tonight that maybe I' ll make the cake with my dairy, might even do that with the cheesecake slotted for tonight, as I heard it wasnt that good either. Maybe that will help?
I actually didn't see cake when I purchased my WS. Hmmm... Did you order on WS.com? Please let me know what you think of the cake.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #24  

Quote:
I am totally tweaking things in regard to veggies/protein. I figure an extra cup of greens won't hurt or a few extra ounces of chicken. I feel that we need to do whatever we can to stay on track.

I am FAR from an expert about this diet, but I would say you should try to eat every 2 to 3 hours to keep your metabolism up and to assure your body that you are not starving which will cause you to store up the fat.

Last edited by MissMollyM; 01-17-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:40 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefoot View Post
Day three for me too. Not hungry all day except for right at dinner time, and now 2 hours later. Time for a snack! I'm not measuring my veggies. I've got two friends on Medifast and they dont measure. They really load up on veggies. It hasnt affected their weight loss, down 50 and 30 respectively. Figured if they do it that way, why cant i? Had sauteed zuchinni tonight with a little bell pepper, seasoned with miss dash. Also had a green salad. Sprinkled salad with oregeno, pepper, and then drissled with red win vinegar. Pretty good
Littlefoot, you're making me hungry. LOL!!! I am so lazy in regard to my greens. It's either salad with FF dressing or a big pile of broccoli. I haven't gotten too creative thus far.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #26  

You're awesome, Zoesmom. Thank you for the tips. Please check in on us - we need your help.

I do have a question... May I ask how to get a ticker? I tried going to the webpage on you ticker and it wouldn't work.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:48 AM   #27  

Quote:
Thanks zoesmom! It's good to have a pro among us newbies!
One thing I can say about WS is that I feel like I'm eating all the time and feel full more often...must be the protein. I had a headache first day...Maybe that is sugar withdrawal?
I noticed that WS has quite a few more carbs than Ideal Protein. (I was on that last year but it made my hip bones hurt and couldn't exercise so stopped it. Plus it was expensive!) With WS you aren't in ketosis right?
Anyway, hope all of your days are going well gals!
Joni
Joni, I've heard being in ketosis isn't good for the body. Plus, I don't feel good when I am mainly eating protein. I need my carbs!

Last edited by MissMollyM; 01-17-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #28  

Thanks for the welcome Miss Molly. I'm glad to have you guys here. None of my friends really have a need to watch what they eat so I appreciate you all being here.
When I was on IP and on one of the threads on 3FC they were so much against tweaking and called it cheating. But because IP relied so much on staying in ketosis, getting off track would pop you out of ketosis and slow your weight loss. I like WS much better as I feel I have more freedom. They tell you your calorie, fat and carb intake for the day which I like if I feel like tweaking it.
Also, just so you all know, I go out to eat once a week with friends and don't necessarily order lean and green. I know that if I deprive myself of treats at least once per week I will not succeed. I feel it really helps me stick to my program if I know I can have one open meal per week.
My first weigh in is on Sunday. I'm going to go drink some water now.
Cheers to you all! Have a great weekend!
Joni
Old 01-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #29  

Miss Molly, re: ticker
I read in here somewhere that you need to have 20 posts and be a member for 20 days and then you will get the option on your Control Panel..

Last edited by jonimenz; 01-17-2014 at 06:37 PM. Reason: info update
Old 01-18-2014, 04:47 AM   #30  

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome Miss Molly. I'm glad to have you guys here. None of my friends really have a need to watch what they eat so I appreciate you all being here.
When I was on IP and on one of the threads on 3FC they were so much against tweaking and called it cheating. But because IP relied so much on staying in ketosis, getting off track would pop you out of ketosis and slow your weight loss. I like WS much better as I feel I have more freedom. They tell you your calorie, fat and carb intake for the day which I like if I feel like tweaking it.
Also, just so you all know, I go out to eat once a week with friends and don't necessarily order lean and green. I know that if I deprive myself of treats at least once per week I will not succeed. I feel it really helps me stick to my program if I know I can have one open meal per week.
My first weigh in is on Sunday. I'm going to go drink some water now.
Cheers to you all! Have a great weekend!
Joni
Hi Joni,

Your friends don't have to worry about what they eat? Lucky girls.

I totally believe in tweaking and that's what I LOVE about this program. We don't have to worry about ketosis and we can go out to eat if we choose wisely. Too restrictive of a diet is what throws me off. So far, I LOVE this diet.

I'm excited to see how your weigh in goes. Please keep us posted.