3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Wonderslim 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/286847-wonderslim-11-a.html)

zoesmom 08-28-2013 11:20 AM

Wonderslim 11

WOW! Hard to believe we are already on an 11th thread!

This thread is here to discuss all things Wonderslim, whether or not you are following their protocol. Afterall, WS makes wonderful products that can be utilized per the WS diet...or as alternatives to many other diets out there.

We want to hear about your challenges, your accomplishments, your downfalls, your successes, and your thoughts. We want to be your support system, and you be ours.

And let's have fun while we do it!

You can review old posts here:
Wonderslim 10
Wonderslim 9

I had created a list of my reviews which can be found HERE and you can also find some reviews others have posted HERE, although they will be jumbled with many other products as well.

Furthermore, food gets boring, so I suggest you jump to these locations for some recipe ideas. I have found that substituting comparable WS products in place of Ideal Protein has worked in MOST cases, but be aware, you are doing these at your own risk! The first one is my tested and proven ones...of course, the list is small, given I don't have it all on "ink and paper" yet.
"My" Recipes
MiX'N iN THE KiTCH'N

Alright...let's rock and roll this weightloss thing!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Nimblegranny 08-28-2013 12:23 PM

Hi everyone, I've been away from posting for awhile, been packing and doing paperwork and being very anxious about moving. Friday is closing day and I have a lot of anxiety about the move itself. I'm minimizing and downsizing and have thrown overboard every single thing that I was "storing" before as I'll have no storage. I'm going to do that "bring something in, something goes out" thing to fit into my little condo. There is some grief that goes with this, and just general anxiety about closing and the changes, but I generally thrive on change so this time next week I should be okay.

I have not gained but have not lost either. Holding steady for about the last month, have been eating regular food, even pizza and stuff when it's what is easy for me and my team who is helping me. I don't keep food at my house except for WS so when I have to feed people it's pizza or Chinese. I have also picked up ice cream a few times and been eating out of the candy dish at work. So, of course I'm not losing! But still holding my 25, with birthday cake and lunches and all. :D

My boss and I got back on the WS train Monday and vowed to stay strict until we vacation together on Sept. 26th for a week. It does help having a buddy, and when I stay on plan, I lose. It's funny to find out what things call to me when I'm giving myself permission to eat outside plan: for me it's pizza and ice cream, not doughnuts and hamburgers and chips like it might be for someone else. After several months strictly on plan this information is useful to me. Oh and don't forget candy. Apparently I have a little candy dish problem when I want to. Stop it Granny!

Glad to have the new folks and and old folks who have experienced these things as well. Here's what I know about this plan and others: It works if you work it! Wish me luck this weekend and I'll try to remember WATER IS MY FRIEND. :carrot:

hrtrn 08-29-2013 04:28 AM

I have a question about the portion sizes of the meat. Are the weights based on raw or cooked?

zoesmom 08-29-2013 10:17 AM

Weights should be based on raw.

Lyn2007 08-29-2013 10:19 AM

I've been following along the WS threads because I am stockpiling some WS foods to use in maintenance (I am doing Medifast now)...

Just wanted to share, I got an email this morning that dietdirect is having a Labor Day Sale, $10 off plus 5% off any $110 order and $15 off plus 10% off any $165 order... the codes are on the front page of the dietdirect site! There is also a banner at the bottom of my blog for $20 off your first order. So combined this is a heck of a deal! Plus if you click Sales & Discounts on the DD page there are several things still on sale, too.

I will go back to lurking now but am always very interested in anyone's reviews of the WS and similar products. I am getting a maintenance plan in place early so I do not mess up and flounder when I go off Medifast this time :)

Nimblegranny 08-29-2013 03:35 PM

I just ordered shakes and entrees from WS using that coupon. After four months I still use the mocha and dark chocolate shakes/puddings, the chili or the pastas, and the bars every day that I 'm working the plan. But I love the convenience of the packets and knowing I'm going to have something every few hours, it works for me. When I cheat, I don't lose. When I stay on plan, I lose. It's pretty simple. The hard part for me is the L&G cos I'm sick of salad and I don't like to cook. You have to find out what works for you, and then stick with it!:carrot:

hrtrn 09-02-2013 12:10 AM

I received my stuff on Thursday and started that night, I work night shift so that was the start of my "day". Very difficult to try to get everything in while working a shift. Patients and emergencies don't really happen to allow for every 2-3 hour meals! But I muddled through and now Sunday night I stepped on the scale and was down 5 pounds! I am really happy the scale is going the opposite direction! I know it is water weight but I talked with a friend of mine who is a doctor. He told me that fat cells hold on to water and release the water before the fat, that is why we lose that water weight before losing fat. So I look at losing the water weight as priming the pump for my fat loss! And I was holding the water anyway and it was affecting the scale, so it had to go!
I always thought that when you lose water weight, you put it on when you drink water, so not the case! Unlike filling up the space left from the water weight loss, drinking it flushes out the toxins and actually keeps the water from being absorbed back into the fat cells. Now, I still have to force myself to drink the water since it is not my habit, but the drink flavors help.
Hope all are doing well this weekend! I am getting ready to drive to my next assignment in Vermont on Friday!

zoesmom 09-03-2013 12:00 PM

:carrot: HUZZAH hrtrn!

Must suck to have to find time to squeeze food in. I applaud you on both your efforts AND on the service you provide to people like me. It was the kindly nurses who saved my life a year (in conjunction with my kiddo and the doctors of course) ago and until that day, never realized just HOW much you all do. You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

zoesmom 09-03-2013 12:02 PM

Nimble - purees are your friend ;)

Spinach or cauliflower pureed to a smooth consistency blend WELL in our shakes. Can't taste them, and it helps get those veggies in! :) As for the meat part...uhm...can't help ya there...that involves cooking, I think! :lol:

Glad everything is going so well with your house :)

Cgrace 09-03-2013 01:14 PM

Question- When do you decide to stop with the shakes and move on to normal food? Is it once you completely have hit your goal?

zoesmom 09-03-2013 05:23 PM

Once you are ready....be it ready to move on, ready to stop with the shakes, or ready to see if you can do it on your own. Thing is, stop SLOWLY so you don't gain it all back :)

FattyFatFat 09-04-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cgrace (Post 4831530)
Question- When do you decide to stop with the shakes and move on to normal food? Is it once you completely have hit your goal?

As soon as you feel comfortable in self-management you should slowly start carrying over. You can make a quick jump, but I think slowly is better because it gives your body time to adjust for one thing, but second thing is it gives YOU time to pace yourself without falling off track. It's better to realize you aren't ready and still have been doing partially right than it is to just try to do it yourself all in one big step and go backwards. Some people can just stop taking the food and carry on, others can't, it just kinda depends on you and your situation. Either way, you'll know mentally once it's time to start making that switch. ;-)

Cgrace 09-05-2013 01:02 PM

Thank you! I guess I'll have to play around with it and see how it goes!

Tifftastic05 09-05-2013 07:02 PM

Hey ladies! I'm glad to see that everyone else is doing well. I'm still at 182. 2 people quit at work lately, and we've been busy, so I've had to start picking up some extra hours. And school is still a struggle this semester. Oh the excuses go on. I'm just glad to be maintaining and not re-gaining. It really is harder to restart than it is to just keep going, but I'm going to keep trying. My problem is when I work open to close and can't take a break every few hours to eat, so then I'm starving by the time I get home, and don't make good choices. Anyone have any suggestions? I work in a bank and can't really eat at the window, and I only get one break each day when we have a slow spot. Maybe I should get some bars and eat one as soon as I hit the car so that I'm not quite as starving?

zoesmom 09-05-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tifftastic05 (Post 4833485)
Hey ladies! I'm glad to see that everyone else is doing well. I'm still at 182. 2 people quit at work lately, and we've been busy, so I've had to start picking up some extra hours. And school is still a struggle this semester. Oh the excuses go on. I'm just glad to be maintaining and not re-gaining. It really is harder to restart than it is to just keep going, but I'm going to keep trying. My problem is when I work open to close and can't take a break every few hours to eat, so then I'm starving by the time I get home, and don't make good choices. Anyone have any suggestions? I work in a bank and can't really eat at the window, and I only get one break each day when we have a slow spot. Maybe I should get some bars and eat one as soon as I hit the car so that I'm not quite as starving?

You may not be able to eat, but you CAN have drinks ;) The shakes are your friend when you are unable to step aside for a meal. You can find fruit drink mixes (which are surprisingly good and filling) instead of the shakes, so it appears you are having only flavored water. Make your lunch the morning of or the night before. It chills well, especially the spicy mac and cheese...just add an extra ounce of water when making it. 30 seconds to reheat and instant and quick lunch! Add a bar and voila!

Remember to try and keep bars to one a day...they are just too high in carbs! I have found beef jerky (Jack's Link 2oz only) has the right amount of carbs, protein, fat, and calories and is a quick fix for hunger pains. A V8 is surprisingly filling....just make sure to count it as part of your veggies. The cream of chicken soup or the tomato soup, while not great, a wonderful for the "I need something quick" moments. They aren't amazing in the taste department, but they are not gag inducing either.

Where there is a will, there is a way. :) I know your pain. I fell off the wagon when I was on my predisone towards the end of July and beginning of August...what a pain to get back on track!

zoesmom 09-09-2013 09:37 AM

Been awfully quiet over here...how is everyone doing?

I ate BAD this past weekend....but at least I maintained. I think my plateau s fixing to break though...I had to pee pee pee pee yesterday and today so far. That's a good sign! :D

Anyone got anything exciting going on? Nimble - how's the move going?

Nimblegranny 09-10-2013 02:14 PM

Hi everybody, I'm still in the thick of the moving; have put away almost everything from phase 1 and phase 2 (the POD) comes this weekend. Most of this is going to goodwill or the dump. I just don't have room for anything else much. I haven't needed it for the past two months and some of it much longer than that. I've been making trips to the trash and the Goodwill regularly since the move, really simplifying and throwing things overboard. I like the streamlined feeling but I suspect deep inside I'm mourning things a bit too, especially those things that have to do with DH, may he rest with the angels.

Food wise I am good, down another pound, working the program for the most part, but had popcorn for dinner last night. I had a salad for lunch today and hardly finished half - I try to like salads, I just can't anymore!! It never occurred to me to vandalize my shakes with a pureed veggie, zoesmom, and I can't promise I will try it, but in theory it does make sense. You have a much more adventurous spirit than I do, that's why I don't mind the same old envelopes over and over and over. Just not getting enough veggies is my problem, but when I get moved and find my steamer I will try harder!!

zoesmom 09-11-2013 08:05 AM

:woohoo: Nimble! Down a pound!

I can't imagine the emotional stress AND relief you have getting rid of everything. It must be very bitter sweet. :hug:

Theresa 09-12-2013 12:48 PM

Hello everyone. So glad I found this Wonderslim thread. I have been on Medifast since May and due to the high cost am switching over to Wonderslim products and took advantage of Lyn's 20% offer on her blog and the coupon, so was able to make a good size order for way less then their regular prices. I prefer WS vanilla shakes to the MF shakes. I like the idea that they have less carbs also.

I have 9 more pounds to reach goal.

zoesmom 09-12-2013 04:44 PM

:welcome: Theresa

Must be exciting to be so close to goal :)

Theresa 09-12-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoesmom (Post 4838690)
:welcome: Theresa

Must be exciting to be so close to goal :)

It's so exciting. I'm very happy with the way it's going. Thank you for your very warm welcome.

zoesmom 09-16-2013 07:25 PM

This past weekend was wonderful for me. I managed to hit the 220's again after my time on predisone (previously, I was only in the 220's for two days.) Now, three days steady and holding :) I'm hoping to see 225 this week, next week at the latest. I can barely weight! HA :lol:

How's everyone doing? This thread was bustling there for a while and then...it stopped. :(

punmama 09-17-2013 03:09 PM

Hi Everyone,
I have hit a mental wall and have been eating uncontrolably these past few weeks. I need some help in staying OP. I do good and then I want something sweet and I eat sweets and can not stop. Allergies have set in and I feel blah. Got to see my cardialogist this Friday. I was hoping to have a good number weight wise but forget that. I don't know how to shake this.
Anyone have this happen to them and how do you get rid of it?

By the way, I am starting to dislike the shakes and food and want "real" food.

Sorry to be so negative but this is what is going on in my life right now.

punmama 09-17-2013 03:11 PM

One more thing. I start the day out very good but as the day rolls on I start looking for food and eat whatever I find.

I chew gum, and drink my water so that is no problem.
Help please :-)

zoesmom 09-17-2013 04:40 PM

punmama - I KNOW what you are talking about! :D

The best way to go to "real" food without weight gain and still maintain a loss is to tally up your calories, fat, protein, and carbs that your day consists of on WS. Then, add foods in with WS but not to exceed that of the the plan.

For example, I know that two grilled chicken tenders (roughly 3 ounces) and 1 cup of veggies is roughly equal to that of a WS shake.

Or, a McDonald's Egg White Delight without Canadian Bacon is equal to a WS Spicy Mac and Cheese.

Or, a one egg plus one egg white omelet with 1 ounce and 1 cup of veggies of cheese is equal to a snack bar.

It takes time to figure it out. Many days, I don't eat WS and just calorie count. and then, I have days I only eat WS. I change it up depending on how lazy I am and how much in the mood I am for the stuff.

It is doable. Promise, promise :)

zoesmom 09-18-2013 08:29 AM

Just want to share...I officially weigh LESS than I did when I graduated high school! But less than 1/2 a pound, but by george, it is less! :D:D:D:D:D

punmama 09-18-2013 08:54 AM

Congratulations Zoesmom on your accomplishment. It must feel great to know that you weigh less than when you graduated high school.

Thank you for your help too. I have been going away on weekends and because of that have no set plan as far as what I am going to eat. This weekend is no exception. Hopefully there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

zoesmom 09-18-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punmama (Post 4842779)
Congratulations Zoesmom on your accomplishment. It must feel great to know that you weigh less than when you graduated high school.

Thank you for your help too. I have been going away on weekends and because of that have no set plan as far as what I am going to eat. This weekend is no exception. Hopefully there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

I plan EVERYTHING out in advance. When eating out, I pour over the online menu searching for the healthiest options and then stick to them like glue. If there is a will, there is a way :)

MMMpls 09-20-2013 01:21 PM

Hey fr Mpls MN

Hi Ladies,
Been searching around the net for a thread on WS use. I've been on MF but recently found WS and after exhaustive comparison of products, I've found there's not much diff other than some vitamins, and definitely cost!

I'm just placing an order to continue on this journey when my current MF products run out. I'm looking forward to a more varied selection and better tastes on some products.

I've seen on other threads disparate remarks towards 'packaged' plans, but if I was able to 'diet' on my own, I would have already been successful. This plan works, and I say, whatever works for you, go for it.

I am placing an order today, and am continuing to look forward to continued loss and the 'no think' plan this provides.

Orig start was at 210 and as of today am at 178. Continued success to you all and I will be back!
Marilyn / Mpls MN:lol:

Monster Soju 09-20-2013 06:26 PM

I ran into some friends who lost a significant amount of weight in just one summer. I was a little embarrassed to ask them what they did, but I asked anyway, and they told me they did the MF diet.

After hearing their stories and instantly seeing the results, I decided I wanted to try it too! But thankfully for the world wide web, I ran into reviews about the better taste of WS foods, so I went and ordered the 4-week diet package today. I'm so excited!!!

So, I'm trying to plan my meals ahead of time so I know what to shop for and cook and I have questions.

1. For the women's meal plan, I don't see an option to use the foods listed as "Fats". Are they clumped in with the "Optional" servings?
2. I wish I could have half a bagel with some cream cheese. Would it be terribly wrong to have 1 starch AND 1 optional for breakfast and omit something else? : )
3. An older WS forum said you can have starch with the Lean & Green Meal, but it's not listed on there anymore. Has the meal plan changed over the years?

zoesmom 09-21-2013 05:24 PM

:welcome: MMMpls and Monster!!!

I understand the "if I could just diet, I would" mentality. That is why I started out on WS. I am at the point now where I am slowly weaning myself off, but that is because I have a REALLY good understanding of counting calories now, something I did not have prior. Also, I work out. A LOT. WS doesn't support the amount of exercise I do, so I have to add a LOT of real food in daily to meet my daily requirements. It also means I lose a tad slower than those who do not work out, but I'd rather be toned and healthy than a stick, so I take it :D

Having tried MF before, WS is MUCH tastier, but not nearly a huge variety. I find I often craft recipes with them, to get a wider range of flavors. It helps keep thing new and exciting.

Monster - Since I have been on WS, the meal plan has changed twice. Here's the thing...the old version allowed dairy and starch. 4 ounces of dairy. 2 ounces of starch. It is PERFECT for diabetics who need a little more carb in their diet. And perfect for athletes. But if you are neither, you will not have quick loses. By all means, you can have them if you keep to the limits set, but just be aware your loses will be slower, much like how my loses are slower since I do insane workouts. Fats are the optionals. 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon A1, 2 tablespoons fatfree cream cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, stuff like that. It is both the fat and the optional. Use it wisely :)
So..yes. 2 ounces of a bagel with 2 tablespoons of fat free cream cheese is totally on plan :) And you can add it in to your current diet. Or, you can omit something...just be aware that you don't have to, and you won't be getting as much protein as the plan recommends, which probably isn't a bad thing considering your weight :)

Monster Soju 09-26-2013 05:17 PM

I'm ready

I got my 4-week WS bundle in the mail today...so excited!!! :D

I'm sad I can't post pictures yet, but I bought some cute canvas bags from Amazon to organize my meal packages for the week...a different color for each day! I sorted out my first week during my lunch break already.

I also got a binder to keep my WS booklet, notes, recipes, receipts, lists, etc. together. I created an Excel worksheet to help me plan my meals in advance and keep track of my weekly shopping and daily prep lists. I'm more than happy to share that file and the photo of my bags with anyone who is interested in seeing...just PM me.

Niecey 09-29-2013 05:52 PM

I just order a four week plan from Wonderslim!!!

I'm on another plan right this minute and I'm almost done. I haven't really lost a lot of weight, maybe 5 pounds but I've lost quite a bit of inches on it. (6 inches in my waist alone!) I'm definitely a lot smaller than when I started the program. I finish on October 3rd.

I don't plan on starting Wonderslim until the end of October but I wanted to have it on hand since I've got the momentum going of eating right and working out. I didn't want to end up backing out.

I know it will be three weeks until I start but I want to be able to maintain what I've done so far on my own because one day I'll have to do it. I have to go to a function on the 11th and 12th and of course there will be food involved but since I've been doing this and my workouts, I won't go overboard because I don't want to end up back where I started.

I want to stay as close to the plan as possible starting October 28th through November 24th, right before Thanksgiving :-). Then I believe I'll do another 4 weeks starting in January 2014 but it could change! lol

So, I'll definitely be joining everyone here later on in the month.

JDBLAND1 10-03-2013 12:40 AM

Hi everyone. I just started Wonderslim 4 days ago. So far I'm loving it! I'm full all day long and I think the food tastes really good. I am worried about getting sick of the food but right now I'm really enjoying it. I have 25 lbs to lose. The only thing I really don't like is the Berry smoothie. It's so bad to me. I have a whole box and I don't want to waste it. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to hide the taste? Maybe I should just add some real berries?

Thanks!!

zoesmom 10-03-2013 08:12 AM

:welcome: neicey and JDBLAND!!!

Those berry smoothies SUCK!

Here's a fix:
1 packet of berry smoothie
1 peeled and finely grated zucchini, pressed to get as much moisture out as possible
1 egg (or two egg whites, but 1 one will not make or break the diet and tastes MUCH better...the two egg whites would be considered "freebies")
1-2 packs Splenda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Mix it all together and put in a muffin tin filled 1/2 way (SPRAY the tin, don't use muffin liners as it will stick to those!!!)

Pop in oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes, or until done. ENJOY! :)

The trick with getting burnt out is to be creative :)

cadesignergal 10-04-2013 07:48 PM

New member looking for support

I just joined this site and am happy to see that others are using WS. I just ordered 2 weeks worth of products and am hoping they will arrive sometime next week. I was going to to MF but came across WS and decided to save some money. I have 60 lbs to lose and have been unsuccessful with any other plan over the last 4 years. I am determined to make this work and would love to share support and ideas with any of you.:)

MSloser 10-07-2013 08:57 PM

Been on WS for 2 weeks, first week lost 4.5, second week nothing. Frustrated with the on going weight battle (been doing this my whole life it feels). I have MS and due to my meds I have to add peanut butter or a nut butter to my morning shake or I'm a GI mess. Added pilates 3 times a week but no other exercise. My meals are veggie and lean protein. So glad I found this page to meet others on the same journey.:coffee: is my weekness.

zoesmom 10-08-2013 08:20 AM

:welcome: cadesignergal and MSloser!!

I know I have lost close to 70 pounds thanks to WS products...still have a bit more to go, but know that it is possible.

Coffee is fine to have on WS. Add an entire shake packet to your coffee instead of creamer. Use EAS CarbAdvantEdge Shake as creamer if the entire shake packet is too much. I drink coffee daily, and probably way too much, but I still lose.

Not losing the second week is normal, regardless of medical conditions. The first week is water weight, the second week is your body adjusting to the lower calorie and carb restrictions. Sometimes, it stretches into the third week as well.

It helps to know that weight loss is not linear, so you will have weeks where you lose 8 pounds, weeks where you only lose one pounds, weeks you gain 2 pounds, weeks where nothing happens. Anything can cause this. Water weight retention, adding in exercise, eating off plan, and so on. It is the end result you want. And THAT average is the amount per week lost that the makers advertise.

If you have NOT been exercising prior to WS, do not add it in until you have passed week 3 or 4. Reason being is your body must aclimate to the lower calorie and carb restrictions. You may end up causing more harm than good. After the 3-4 week wait, add it in...word of advise though, if you burn more than 150 calories, be sure to have a shake post workout or you wil stall out. An EAS CarbAdvantEDGE shake works well.

If you have already been working out, bring the intenstity down for 3-4 weeks then bring it back up after the initial period of adjustment, following the same rule of if you burn more than 150 calories, to add a shake.

I work out 6 days a week, rotating in between running, weight training, and HIIT. Know that if you exercise, your weight loss will slow or potentially stall, so figure out now if you are more concerned about weight loss or health. For me, it was a no brainer....I want health. So, I have a slower loss. And I am okay with that :D

JDBLAND1 10-08-2013 12:37 PM

thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoesmom (Post 4854048)
:welcome: neicey and JDBLAND!!!

Those berry smoothies SUCK!

Here's a fix:
1 packet of berry smoothie
1 peeled and finely grated zucchini, pressed to get as much moisture out as possible
1 egg (or two egg whites, but 1 one will not make or break the diet and tastes MUCH better...the two egg whites would be considered "freebies")
1-2 packs Splenda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Mix it all together and put in a muffin tin filled 1/2 way (SPRAY the tin, don't use muffin liners as it will stick to those!!!)

Pop in oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes, or until done. ENJOY! :)

The trick with getting burnt out is to be creative :)

Thank you! this sounds much better! I'll definitely have to try that!

cadesignergal 10-12-2013 12:21 PM

It took a full week for my WS to arrive but it was waiting for me on my front step when I got home from work last night. I'm so excited and it's perfect timing too. Hubby is gone for the weekend and so are the kids so I don't have to cook for anyone for the 1st two days. I'm surprised at how much food is allowed. I had a shake and the apple cinnamon oatmeal this morning. Both were tasty enough and very filling. I have a full schedule today so I get to see how things go trying to eat between appointments on the road. Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.