3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Optifast. Oh, it works. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/275892-optifast-oh-works.html)

Fawks 07-06-2014 10:37 AM

Congrats to all and thanks for the congrats too! :P

Didn't have group last tues because of Canada day... so really looking forward to this Tuesday's meeting. Shake wise still going strong, still no cheating. but OMG I want it so bad.

The scary part is i feel like my addictive personality is reaching towards other addictions to compensate for my not binging on food anymore. I.E online shopping :S It hasn't gotten insane or anything, still within my means... but WAY more than I used to... and I'm having a hard time figuring out of it's because I feel better about myself and am treating myself to new things as a reward instead of food (i.e dyed my hair purple, which has lead to my internet shopping a whole bunch of hair products and tools that I never wanted to spend the money on before like a flat iron and what not)... also bought nail polish... and a new dress..

On the one hand I feel like it could very well just be me being happy and wanting to enjoy the new smaller me and take care of myself more.... but because I know I have an addictive personality, I'm afraid of this becoming a new obsession.

And if that's the case... what will happen once I'm off the shakes?
So cue me sitting here huddled in a corner afraid to move LOL.
Plus side... still haven't given into the temptation of food even though my BF is an idiot and brought pizza and my fave chips into the house *grumbles*

floralshorts 07-06-2014 10:59 AM

StarlightMintz - my vacation is not until August 26th. :( I'm going to persist though. I think I might be plateauing honestly. Haven't lost a thing in 3 days even though I haven't cheated. I'm just trying to stay positive and remind myself that this is all worth it.

floralshorts 07-06-2014 02:11 PM

Hmm, I'm feeling a lot better today. The plateau and cravings seem like minsicule worries to me at this point. I'm just going to keep Optifasting and remain positive. :) I mean, I'm down nearly 50 pounds... I shouldn't complain about that! If I can get to 180 or 175 by the end of August, I will be more than happy.

StarlightMintz 07-06-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fawks (Post 5036037)
Congrats to all and thanks for the congrats too! :P

Didn't have group last tues because of Canada day... so really looking forward to this Tuesday's meeting. Shake wise still going strong, still no cheating. but OMG I want it so bad.

The scary part is i feel like my addictive personality is reaching towards other addictions to compensate for my not binging on food anymore. I.E online shopping :S It hasn't gotten insane or anything, still within my means... but WAY more than I used to... and I'm having a hard time figuring out of it's because I feel better about myself and am treating myself to new things as a reward instead of food (i.e dyed my hair purple, which has lead to my internet shopping a whole bunch of hair products and tools that I never wanted to spend the money on before like a flat iron and what not)... also bought nail polish... and a new dress..

On the one hand I feel like it could very well just be me being happy and wanting to enjoy the new smaller me and take care of myself more.... but because I know I have an addictive personality, I'm afraid of this becoming a new obsession.

And if that's the case... what will happen once I'm off the shakes?
So cue me sitting here huddled in a corner afraid to move LOL.
Plus side... still haven't given into the temptation of food even though my BF is an idiot and brought pizza and my fave chips into the house *grumbles*

Fawks,
Good for you for staying with your program and a belated Happy Canada Day to you! :)
I can't say whether or not your shopping is becoming a substitute for food addiction but it seems like you're just feeling better about yourself ... perhaps more confident. However, how about asking someone who is close to you to help you monitor your spending just in case... You could also make a list of things you want/need and stick to buying the things on that list only.

Going off the shakes and back to food is going to be a challenge for sure. How does your Optifast center handle that transition? My center encourages folks to stay with the program, attending classes and all, for 2 years.

StarlightMintz 07-06-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floralshorts (Post 5036125)
Hmm, I'm feeling a lot better today. The plateau and cravings seem like minsicule worries to me at this point. I'm just going to keep Optifasting and remain positive. :) I mean, I'm down nearly 50 pounds... I shouldn't complain about that! If I can get to 180 or 175 by the end of August, I will be more than happy.

I'm happy you're feeling better today~ As Chicken Little liked to say, "Today is a new day!" :D :)
You are doing great with your weight loss! I am so envious of your 50 pound loss and I can't wait to get there myself!! :)

floralshorts 07-06-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarlightMintz (Post 5036153)
I'm happy you're feeling better today~ As Chicken Little liked to say, "Today is a new day!" :D :)
You are doing great with your weight loss! I am so envious of your 50 pound loss and I can't wait to get there myself!! :)

You will get there. :)

Happyradio 07-07-2014 11:48 AM

Floralshorts, keep up the good work. Remember that our bodies eventually adjust to our diets so weight loss slows down...sometimes to a crawl so slow it's difficult to keep motivated and focused. Right now your body is fighting you, releasing hunger hormones, so your frustration and food thoughts are very normal. Good luck. Enjoy Europe!

floralshorts 07-07-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyradio (Post 5036655)
Floralshorts, keep up the good work. Remember that our bodies eventually adjust to our diets so weight loss slows down...sometimes to a crawl so slow it's difficult to keep motivated and focused. Right now your body is fighting you, releasing hunger hormones, so your frustration and food thoughts are very normal. Good luck. Enjoy Europe!

Thank you. :) I needed to hear this today... jumped on my scale this morning and I STILL have not lost a single thing since last Thursday which is very out of pattern for me. Just going to keep trucking on... it will all be worth it.

Fawks 07-07-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarlightMintz (Post 5036149)
Fawks,
Good for you for staying with your program and a belated Happy Canada Day to you! :)
I can't say whether or not your shopping is becoming a substitute for food addiction but it seems like you're just feeling better about yourself ... perhaps more confident. However, how about asking someone who is close to you to help you monitor your spending just in case... You could also make a list of things you want/need and stick to buying the things on that list only.

Going off the shakes and back to food is going to be a challenge for sure. How does your Optifast center handle that transition? My center encourages folks to stay with the program, attending classes and all, for 2 years.

Our program has us slowly transition to food over 4 weeks, and then we're still doing weekly meetings until Mid October.. after that I have 6 more sessions I go to as an appointment (meaning not every week, just like a check up) and before I transition I need to make an appointment with my nutritionist for my one on one session to build a plan going forward. :D I can't wait to transition!!!!

I really feel like I kicked the food binging.. I had to in order to start on Optifast... but in stressful situations I tend to still over-eat or craving binging because it felt so good.. lately that has been getting better, but my shopping has also increased.. all for things I need... but still, I'm a worry wort lol. I will for sure be asking my SO to keep an eye on me. That's all I need is to trade in one addiction for another :S

StarlightMintz 07-07-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fawks (Post 5036796)
Our program has us slowly transition to food over 4 weeks, and then we're still doing weekly meetings until Mid October.. after that I have 6 more sessions I go to as an appointment (meaning not every week, just like a check up) and before I transition I need to make an appointment with my nutritionist for my one on one session to build a plan going forward. :D I can't wait to transition!!!!

I really feel like I kicked the food binging.. I had to in order to start on Optifast... but in stressful situations I tend to still over-eat or craving binging because it felt so good.. lately that has been getting better, but my shopping has also increased.. all for things I need... but still, I'm a worry wort lol. I will for sure be asking my SO to keep an eye on me. That's all I need is to trade in one addiction for another :S

Thanks for sharing how transition works at your center. My center does things similarly but they really encourage folks to continue to come to classes/meeting for a full 2 years. :p :)

Great job kicking the binging... that's HUGE! I too tend to turn to food during stressful times but I am determined to find another outlet. My doctor wants me to make a private comfy get-away just for me in some corner or room in my house preferably far away from the kitchen. :D She suggested putting things there for me to do, books, laptop and such, and make it a sanctuary of sorts for when I feel stressed. I like the idea and I have an empty nest so I can use one of my kiddos rooms....

Fawks 07-08-2014 10:17 PM

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot:Starlight that sounds AWESOME! I should find a quiet corner and make myself an escape :D

Also.... OMG I'm so excited! Just got back from my meeting.. and I've officially hit the 50 lbs mark!!!! I can't even believe it! So many happy dances are being inserted here! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

StarlightMintz 07-09-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fawks (Post 5037548)
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot:Starlight that sounds AWESOME! I should find a quiet corner and make myself an escape :D

Also.... OMG I'm so excited! Just got back from my meeting.. and I've officially hit the 50 lbs mark!!!! I can't even believe it! So many happy dances are being inserted here! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Minus 50 pounds!!
You are amazing! :congrat:

I'm working on my "escape" today. I'm glad you like the idea. :)

StarlightMintz 07-09-2014 10:20 AM

Full Fast as of today~

My 2 week transition into full-fast is officially over and I'm down 11 pounds. :dancer: Today I started full fast and I couldn't be happier! :)

I had a visit with my weight loss doc yesterday and she put me on additional vitamins. I am already on Opti-Source but my thiamine (B1) and vitamin D are still low. :shrug:

itsachoice 07-09-2014 12:23 PM

Starting optifast

Hi-- it is great to read about success on Optifast! I started on Sunday and have been very hungry. Last night I was ravenous and grabbed two pieces of sliced ham from fridge. I am drinking tons of water and crystal light, and that helps some. I know the hunger will lessen with time, but these first days have really been a struggle.

StarlightMintz 07-09-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsachoice (Post 5037910)
Hi-- it is great to read about success on Optifast! I started on Sunday and have been very hungry. Last night I was ravenous and grabbed two pieces of sliced ham from fridge. I am drinking tons of water and crystal light, and that helps some. I know the hunger will lessen with time, but these first days have really been a struggle.

:welcome2:
Hi itsachoice :)
Everyone says the first few days are the hardest! Hang in there and I will too! :)

Here's a related thread that "nibog" started to track her own progress~ http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...0-lb-goal.html