3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Optifast. Oh, it works. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/275892-optifast-oh-works.html)

Goddess In Training 06-30-2014 05:55 PM

Thanks everyone

@Wannabechef - thank you :) Got through the weekend with a healthy amount of crankiness... hahah.

Oh, @Floralshorts, I am SO SO eager to hit Onederland, I can't even imagine it. I have quite a ways to go, you must be just walking on air :)

@Starlightmintz - sounds good :) I have been having my shakes with Torani Sugar Free syrup - specifically English Toffee. So. Freaking. Good. I actually need to order more syrup. They have salted caramel! Chocolate chip cookie dough! Lemon! all zero sugar, zero calorie, zero fat, zero carb, zero everything. Wheee! :)

As for myself, I didn't lose this weekend, but I know why. I definitely didn't drink enough water, and had too much diet pop instead. My own dumbness. I corrected it today (much easier at work - I drink from a big 3 litre jug all day)

Fawks 07-01-2014 03:03 PM

YESSSSS Lost another 5 lbs this week, which get's me out of the 310's and into single digits!

Only 9 lbs until the 200's baby!!!!

Goddess In Training 07-01-2014 07:56 PM

WooHoo @Fawks!! Congrats!!!
I love getting into the next "10th" down (if that makes sense)

Lesson I've learned on Optifast.

Never.... ever... trust a fart.

That is all.

StarlightMintz 07-02-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goddess In Training (Post 5032898)
Thanks everyone

@Starlightmintz - sounds good :) I have been having my shakes with Torani Sugar Free syrup - specifically English Toffee. So. Freaking. Good. I actually need to order more syrup. They have salted caramel! Chocolate chip cookie dough! Lemon! all zero sugar, zero calorie, zero fat, zero carb, zero everything. Wheee! :)

As for myself, I didn't lose this weekend, but I know why. I definitely didn't drink enough water, and had too much diet pop instead. My own dumbness. I corrected it today (much easier at work - I drink from a big 3 litre jug all day)

:coffee: Good morning or whatever~ :)

Goddess,
On the advice of other Optifasters I bought several Torani Sugar Free Syrups before I started but my nutritionist says not to use them! :?: She says that we're trying to retrain our brain to not crave salt, sugars, and fat and that those syrups can make the shakes taste overly sweet. I'm not sure I agree with her thinking but I'm giving it a whirl. :shrug:

I'm sorry you didn't show a loss this week but man, oh man just look at your weight tracker! You're doing so well!! :cp
... and LMAO @ "never trust a fart" :D

Fawks,
You are amazing! Keep on truckin' ... we're watching you! :D

Floralshorts,
Onderland is such a big deal! What will you do to celebrate when you get there next weigh in? :)

floralshorts 07-02-2014 12:09 PM

I'm officially a member of the Onederland club... weighed in at 199.6 this morning. :) This all feels VERY real now!

Wannabechef 07-02-2014 07:05 PM

Floralshorts, that is A-W-E-S-O-M-E:dizzy: So happy for you!!!

StarlightMintz 07-02-2014 08:21 PM

:cheer3: Go! floralshorts Go! :cheer3:

~and~

:cheer3: Go! Optifasters Go! :cheer3:

Happyradio 07-02-2014 09:21 PM

Congratulations, Floralshorts!

StarlightMintz 07-03-2014 07:45 AM

How are you doing, Happyradio? :)

I'm still transitioning into full fast. :) I get about 1200 calories in 3 shakes and 2 small meals. 6 more days till I can go on full fast woo hoo!

Little tips from my nutritionist/center:
1 prune a day to prevent constipation
1 soup or 1/4 of a bullion cube or 2 dill pickles a day while the weather is hot to prevent lightheadedness

Carliena143 07-04-2014 11:05 AM

I am new to this site but had questions about your weightlessness, so please forgive me If I am posting In the wrong place. How much did the optima set run you , did you find discount savings? Also did you have excess skin after the weightless? What exercise routine/regime did you follow?? Please forgive me if these questions are too personal but I really really need to lose weight

Happyradio 07-04-2014 01:58 PM

Thanks for asking, StarlightMintz. I'm in the middle of week 5. Doing well. Down 17 pounds plus I lost ten before I began Optifast 800. I like the chicken soup powder, peanut butter and chocolate bars, and chocolate ready to drink shakes best.

StarlightMintz 07-04-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carliena143 (Post 5035203)
I am new to this site but had questions about your weightlessness, so please forgive me If I am posting In the wrong place. How much did the optima set run you , did you find discount savings? Also did you have excess skin after the weightless? What exercise routine/regime did you follow?? Please forgive me if these questions are too personal but I really really need to lose weight

Hi,
Your questions are a bit hard to answer. The cost of an Optifast medical weight loss program varies. Sometimes insurance will cover portions of it. Optifast centers offer free informational meetings and I suggest attending one of those to get the particulars.

People often do have excess skin after weight loss. Genetics, amount lost and age play a part in how much loose/excess skin.

StarlightMintz 07-04-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyradio (Post 5035308)
Thanks for asking, StarlightMintz. I'm in the middle of week 5. Doing well. Down 17 pounds plus I lost ten before I began Optifast 800. I like the chicken soup powder, peanut butter and chocolate bars, and chocolate ready to drink shakes best.

Sounds like you're doing great! :) Good luck and keep us posted! :)

floralshorts 07-05-2014 09:34 PM

I have been having a horrible last few days, cravings-wise. All I want is for something savory, not sweet. At first I thought the bouillon wasn't affecting me, but it does seem to cause water weight gain, so I stopped drinking it. I've begun counting down the days until vacation so that I can start eating food again. I'll be gone for 3.5 weeks in Europe so when I get back I'll probably Optifast for another month or so to get down to my ideal weight.

I don't know. I just feel extremely moody and grumpy. I want pizza and tacos so bad. Even carrots with ranch dressing sound like a delicacy to me right now. I kind of want to cry just thinking about all of this.

I guess the good thing is that I am down to 198 pounds from my starting 245.8.

StarlightMintz 07-06-2014 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floralshorts (Post 5035865)
I have been having a horrible last few days, cravings-wise. All I want is for something savory, not sweet. At first I thought the bouillon wasn't affecting me, but it does seem to cause water weight gain, so I stopped drinking it. I've begun counting down the days until vacation so that I can start eating food again. I'll be gone for 3.5 weeks in Europe so when I get back I'll probably Optifast for another month or so to get down to my ideal weight.

I don't know. I just feel extremely moody and grumpy. I want pizza and tacos so bad. Even carrots with ranch dressing sound like a delicacy to me right now. I kind of want to cry just thinking about all of this.

I guess the good thing is that I am down to 198 pounds from my starting 245.8.

When is your vacation? Have you considered going on a modified plan now instead of waiting? You have done so well so far! I would hate to see you get so frustrated you give in to unplanned eating. :hug: