3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Wonderslim 9 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/272861-wonderslim-9-a.html)

irish51 02-14-2013 11:23 PM

L2D4 Completed.:carrot:

Zoesmom, it's good that your little one is so active and healthy.

I love to swim and I look forward to summer when I can get back in the pool. I cannot wait to teach my grandson to swim.

FattyFatFat 02-15-2013 09:34 AM

^ You need to add me to your list of swim lessons, cause I can't swim either. well... at least not forward, LMAO. Don't ask. :no::kickcan::joker:

zoesmom 02-15-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FattyFatFat (Post 4634107)
^ You need to add me to your list of swim lessons, cause I can't swim either. well... at least not forward, LMAO. Don't ask. :no::kickcan::joker:

:lol: Thanks...I needed that giggle. :)

HEY! Ladies! If you are not like me and have a stock pile until probably summer...and if you are not aware...WS has a thing going on where you can a two week kit for $144...a savings of $35. Here's the scope...the package is normally $179. It is currently on sale for $159. Use coupon code PRES15D for any purchase of $125 or more and get an additional $15 off your order.

Only good for a few days.

I threw this out because I didn't get an email update regarding the coupon code. I happened to use the last of my tomato soup today and having realized I liked it more than I thought I would, I decided to order a bit more. Lo and behold...on their website...there was the coupon code.

Anyways...Happy Friday!

Mom of Many 02-15-2013 12:20 PM

I am still here and still working hard at this. I am committed to this til the end!

This week I had my first "cheat". My husband and I went out to dinner on Tuesday night to celebrate valentine's day. We prefer to do it on a different day to fight the crowds. Anyway, we had a meal that included appetizers and dessert. With my meal I did really well, however i did have one of the potato skins that were the appetizers. For me that is progress taking only one. We had lots of leftovers so my husband had it for dinner the next night. Where I really got into a little trouble was the dessert. It was a very large piece of cheesecake with strawberry topping. Probably my most favorite dessert! My husband said he was too full and for me to eat it all. I was determined not to eat it all! I did end up eating about half of it, but then put my fork down and said that is it!

I felt pretty good about myself that night because in the past I would have walked away from that meal overly stuffed and feeling miserable! I was full and it was more than my body is used to now, but at least not miserable.

After that night I have been more than determined to keep at this. And then the second cheat came on 2 days later! My husband surprised me with a frappuccino from Starbucks for valentine's day. First let me say that this is something short of a miracle. He refuses to spend that kind of money on coffee drinks. He knows that is one of my favorites and I rarely have one because we are on a very tight budget. So when he walked in the door with that in his hands I was very surprised! He knew I didn't want candy, but a frappuccino is not low in fat and calories! Oh well, I smiled and said thank you and drank the whole thing! So, I am still determined as ever and know that things will come my way to try to derail me, but we rarely eat out and I know that receiving a frappuccino will probably not happen for another 10 years!

And Irish, I am so inspired by you. You are doing 30 DS at 61?! Wow! My 16 year old daughter does it and it kicks her butt! I have been wanting to do it but haven't gotten my courage up yet! Now I need to!

irish51 02-15-2013 03:11 PM

Thanks zoesmom, I just received the email from WS.

FedEx just delivered my order from the other day....wanted more hot chocolate before the promo ran out. I want a few more boxes of WS so the $15 savings will come in handy.

Mom of many, glad you are still with us. :cp: You may have had a couple "cheats" but today is a new day. I am on Level 2 Day 5 of 30 Day Shred. Believe me, it is doing more than kicking my butt.:D. I cannot give up, cause zoesmom would call me a "quitter".:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jwoiderski 02-17-2013 05:02 PM

Just ordered my 2 week order of WS. I can't wait to have more control over my body. I am at 170 and would like to be around 145. Life got in the way the last couple years and I have let myself go a little :) go out to dinner, go up for seconds, go to happy hour one too many times, I hope to have some partners in this journey. Thanks ladies for any of your suggestions!!

zoesmom 02-17-2013 09:12 PM

irish--I would NEVER call you a quitter, unless you quit. :D (FWIW, I am back on track with 30DS and WS and will be moving to L2 in two days. Pappy's death set me back more than I realized.)

MOM--cheating is okay...on occasion. It is the not getting back up that is the problem. We all cheat. It is human. The difference is, do you keep cheating (aka quit) or do you get back on track. If you are still here, I suspect you get back on track. Heck, I had 10 days straight of a cheat. It happens to the best of us. Keep at it, you'll get there! :)

:welcome: jwoiderski!!! If you need support, you came to the right place! 3FC is the best group EVER!!!

I have no clue how my weigh in is going to look tomorrow. It will be two weeks since I last weighed and I KNOW I ate horrible for most of that after Pappy's passing...so...hopefully it isn't too horrible.

And I want to share a cute story, that I normally would never share. My daughter is three, will be four next month. She was breast fed until she was 15 months old (she weaned on her terms.) Anyways....most children feed their baby dolls with bottles. Mine on the other hand, comes into my room and proudly proclaims, "Mom, look! My baby is so cute! She is drinking from my nipple!" I turn around and...sure enough, she had her doll closely held to her chest. I am very unsure if I want to hide under a rock in embarrassment as she proclaimed that in front of a very close family friend or if I want to applaud her for being so funny on such an awesome topic. In any case, cute story of the day :)

Last bit before I say ado...a little late for the day, but non the less, here is my QUOTE OF THE DAY:

“The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.” ~Sven Goran Eriksson

irish51 02-17-2013 11:27 PM

Zoesmom...cute story. I bet she is adorable.
By the way,hope you like the plank move, cause Jillian loves it in level 2 :hug:

:welcome2: jwoiderski!! So very happy you are joining us. As you can see, we like to tease each other, but it is all in good fun. We are here to support each other in everything, share a bit of ourselves, and have some laughs while we try to lose the weight.

So, I have decided to change my weigh in day to Monday morning. Mostly, cause I went out on Saturday night with my dinner group. Trust me, after having some french fries (only a couple, I made the waiter remove the plate, so I would quit mindlessly eating them ), and the cupcake in celebration of one couples anniversary...at least I only had one, everyone else had at least two, the scale was not kind this morning.

zoesmom 02-18-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irish51 (Post 4636780)
Zoesmom...cute story. I bet she is adorable.
By the way,hope you like the plank move, cause Jillian loves it in level 2 :hug:

I am suddenly very, very scared. :lol:

I have not much for today...except WOOHOO! Took me TWO weeks, but I finally lost every pound I gained from when I started eating out 2-3 times a day when Pappy was in the hospital. 259.1...or half a pound total net loss from that day. YEAH!!!! (FWIW, I ended up gaining 6 pounds during that time frame.)

Anywho...here's my QUOTE OF DAY:

“Negative results are just what I want. They’re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don’t.” ~Thomas Edison

Shero 02-18-2013 09:41 AM

I have not posted because I have been way off track. I almost feel defeated and wondering what is the use of trying-I am so week. That said I am staying off the scale until the end of the month.

I am hoping that these last 10 days of the month I can keep on track and at least break even.

Why do we do these things?

irish51 02-18-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Why do we do these things?
Ah Sheri, I wish I could answer that for you. As you know, we all have different things that send us down that track. It's okay, we are here for you. I am so happy to see you post. It's a new week, so we can all start again. I am usually checking in here several times a day/night so if you need to vent or you are just looking for support, I will be here for you.

Zoemom,:bravo::cp::bravo::cp::woohoo: you are doing great!

I weighed in this morning up .4. Should not have had that darn cupcake :devil:

zoesmom 02-18-2013 06:25 PM

Shero--Why do we do these things? Great question. And one only you can answer for you. But sometimes the question isn't why do we do these things, but how can we do these things. Its hard. Very hard. Dieting is nothing more than trying to change a lifestyle we gained over, well, a life time. Not something easily come by. I know for me, the question of why is easily answered...I have to get my weight under control so I can control my asthma so I don't wake from a semi coma to my little girl trying to desperately drag me out of bed while screaming for me to wake up as my O2 drops to deadly levels. My why is three years old, going on four.

Don't give up. That is weakness. Stumbling and slipping are learning points we all have to face. It is easy to feel like we are going up against a wall, but have you ever thought about these facts: The average person gains 10-15 pounds a year. The average person can lose 1-2 pounds a week...that means it took a long time to gain, but we CAN lose it faster than we gained it.

Stiff upper chin. You can do it. I KNOW you can. Just have faith...this too shall pass. You should join irish and I in 30DS....it is hard hard hard...but so worth it. You might not see the scale move, but it is an AWESOME feeling seeing your clothes fit loser and loser. Truthfully, I'd take that over lost pounds any day :)

:hug: Here for you...and here with you :hug:

irish--heh...I hate those cupcake days...I ALWAYS gain 1/2 a pound. :P

zoesmom 02-18-2013 06:36 PM

Oh---one last thing, just as an FYI for any of you out there that like to save a few extra bucks like me...if after your order of WS, you immediately update your cart with another order but DO NOT PLACE IT...in about 1-3 weeks (in enough time for your next order to be due usually) Diet Direct will say "Hey! Where are you! Come back! Here's $10!!!" I totally am not a scrooge and totally don't find loop holes...no totally not me. :nose:

zoesmom 02-19-2013 08:52 AM

I have a GREAT diet program...get a water dragon. Seriously.

I have had King Louie for almost 6 years now. He's a big ol' boy and he requires a lot of attention. This past weekend, we went out of town to visit my grandmother and try to convince her she needed a nurse or someone to help her out with her meds since she is overdosing. Already lost one grandparent...would like to keep the other for a little longer.

Anyways, while we were gone, Louie's filteration system broke, and DUMPED water into his vivarium and proceeded to shutter and die, so NOTHING was circulating or getting cleaned. And with us not being home, that means he was deficating in this nasty watery/muddy mess (I usually clean that every day but that was a nice several days were that wasn't to happen because we weren't home and the sitter is terrified of lizards) and his heat lamp was warming this fermented...crap...up during the day. When we walked in the house the smell was HORRIBLE! I thought one of the cats had gotten sick while we were gone and the guy checking on them never mentioned it...until I went to go feed Louie and saw the toxic waste he was lounging in. And I literally mean toxic waste. And he really was lounging...the gross creaton. That was the worst smell I have EVER been faced with! Hot, stagnant, fermented, lizard waste...YUCK!!! I have never had a problem with his filteration system before...I replace the filters every two weeks and get a new system once a year and clean his vivarium daily...it NEVER smells...but give it a couple of days of a broken system and the bowels of hades moved into my living room.

It took the better part of 5 hours to clean. This morning when I woke, I could still smell the lingering effects. I didn't eat yesterday as my tummy was all over the place due to the smell. I suspect today will be the same. Love my Lou...but if that EVER happens again, he is SO out of my house....YUCK!!!

Anyways, now that I gave you my idea of an awesome new diet plan (I am thinking of calling it The Reeking Lizard) here's my QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"Living healthier may be a sacrifice at first, but in the end the effects of poor health are the only thing you are depriving your body of." - Jill Johnson

irish51 02-19-2013 06:57 PM

zoesmom, I am thinking this may not be the diet for me.:rofl::rofl:

L2D7 completed

30 minutes of hula hooping. I can still do it!!! :dance::belly: