3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Wonderslim 9 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/272861-wonderslim-9-a.html)

buttonsandbones 01-18-2013 08:22 PM

Today is my weigh-in and I'm down 3.8 lbs this week. :carrot:

irish51 01-18-2013 08:30 PM

Congratulations buttonsandbones.That is great!!

buttonsandbones 01-18-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoesmom (Post 4593064)
Kudos Shero! Job well done!

Ladies--I want to throw in a random topic here oppossed to creating a new thread. I want to know what your obstacles are. I figure if we all know each other's vices, maybe we can become a stronger support system and sounding board for the days those vices get the best of us. So, I submit to you this question:

What sabatoges your success?

For me, it is my OCD and a type A personality. I am in control of everything in my life. Except my weight. This kills me. For the life of me, I cannot get it under control. Every time I think I am kicking obesity's royal arse and getting it into my grasp, I end up sabatoging myself by convincing myself I can have that ounce of string cheese because I love cheese and I "got this." Or I convince myself that fat free frozen Greek yogurt is better than ice cream and convinently forget it still adds calories to diet.

Sure, I have slip ups, but this moments are not slip ups. A slip up, in my book, is craving pizza and gorging on 4 slices. What I end up doing is more along the line of deciding to have pizza instead of craving it, then allow myself one slice. I try to take control of my weight by telling myself my body can handle it, when in truth, it can't. The slip ups are few and far between, maybe once every 2-3 months. Me "taking control" is more along the lines of once a week. I still lose weight, but not as much as I could if I would stop this habit. I have to realize that I am not in control, else I wouldn't be as heavy as I am. But for the life of me, my OCD and type A part of me just won't let go. And tomorrow is Thursday. That is the day I convince myself I am "in control" as we have ballet that night. That means I have to take my three year old out to class and we don't get home anywhere soon enough for me to be able to make dinner, eat, clean up, and get her to bed. So...we tend to go out to Cheddar's. I always order healthy, I am talking fish, salad, or grilled chicken. I never eat any starch during this dinner, always brocolli and carrots. I always only eat half of my plate and save the rest for later. But, I never remember to tell them not to glaze the fish. I never remember to tell them not to season the chicken. I never remember to bring my low fat/low cal/low carb salad dressing. I always end up gaining 1-2 pounds from this dinner, which means my net lose for the week is usually 1-2 pound oppossed to the possible 2-4 pounds it could be if I would just opt out and figure something else out for that night.

That's my vice. That is my self sabatoge. I am sure I have more, but that is the absolute biggest one.

What's yours?

This is an excellent topic. I believe I have a food addiction. If I don't have it or don't have it around, I'm fine; but let me have the first bite of something sweet or junky, and there's no looking back for me. My daughter got married early last September and I lost 20 lbs prior. I debated whether to have a piece of wedding cake but being my daughter's wedding I wanted a couple of bites. By the week before Christmas I had gained 30 lbs. And it wasn't holiday food; it was just regular junk. Hostess closing down? Clean out the twinkies. New flavor of potato chips? Better get several bags. And so on it goes. My husband just looks at me and says I can't possibly be hungry and no, I'm not at all hungry but that doesn't matter. That's not why I'm eating. I have no control. I simply must eat it.

The meal replacements are working better than I hoped. I haven't had the dizzies and the shakes and only some slight hunger late in the afternoon once in a while. Smelling food hasn't sent me on a downward spiral. I have such issues controlling what I eat that I think I will always have to use meal replacements for a portion of my food. I think I've finally come to terms with this problem and the idea of having to eat differently like anyone who has to change their diet for health reasons.

Whew, that was heavy. But this is the first time I've really said this to anyone other than my sister and then I've just danced around it. Thanks for listening.

buttonsandbones 01-18-2013 10:13 PM

Amelia, Shero, Namaste1969, Irish51, JoyPerman--Congratulations! Way to go on the losses this week. :carrot:

VAA 01-19-2013 11:15 AM

Hi there.... congrats all on the weightloss... I woke up yesterday headache was gone :-) YEAH!!!! I couldnt stand it had to weigh myself this morning... 9 lbs since Wednesday.... Cant wait to see my official loss this coming Wednesday!!! I also started drinking Dandelion Root tea at night, it totally fills me up and helping with liver detox... Have a great weekend!

Shero 01-19-2013 01:06 PM

Great job VAA & Buttonsandbones.....

namaste1969 01-19-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttonsandbones (Post 4596750)
Today is my weigh-in and I'm down 3.8 lbs this week. :carrot:

Congratulations! Great weight loss!

namaste1969 01-19-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAA (Post 4597310)
Hi there.... congrats all on the weightloss... I woke up yesterday headache was gone :-) YEAH!!!! I couldnt stand it had to weigh myself this morning... 9 lbs since Wednesday.... Cant wait to see my official loss this coming Wednesday!!! I also started drinking Dandelion Root tea at night, it totally fills me up and helping with liver detox... Have a great weekend!

Wow! Great job!

namaste1969 01-19-2013 01:28 PM

Joy, Fee & Amelia,
How are you doing?

winnmom 01-20-2013 02:10 AM

New to Wonderslim

Hi All,

I just received my 4 week wonderslim food and plan to start on Tuesday. I had WLS 3 yrs ago and have been slowly putting weight back on again, and the nutritional stats for wonderslim match pretty much what I need to get my self back on track.

I was so excited to see that others are having success with this program and hope that it works well for me too. I would like to lose 60 lbs. I will never be the 120 pounds the charts say I should be but feel 160 (less than my husband, LOL) is a reasonable goal. Can't wait to hear more about everyone's success as well as to share my own,

:)

irish51 01-20-2013 11:46 AM

Buttonsandbones it is hard to say these things out loud, isn't it? I am glad you felt you could share this with us.

We sometimes tell ourselves things and as you say dance around them with others, but I believe once we have the courage (as you did) to write it down for others to see or share it out loud with others we can begin to actually face the problem head on and deal with it.

I am in your corner cheering you on (picture short old lady with pom-poms) ;)...we are going to do this, no matter how hard and how long it takes.

irish51 01-20-2013 11:52 AM

VAA...WOW!!! That is a great loss. Glad your headache is gone.

:welcome: winnmom,come often and let us know how you are doing.

irish51 01-20-2013 12:19 PM

Forgot to post weighed in this morning, lost 2.4 lbs:carrot:

:dust:

zoesmom 01-20-2013 12:52 PM

Huzzah buttons! The first step in facing a problem is admitting a problem! We all have them, and together, we CAN overcome them and we CAN get our butts in a healthy shape!

VAA, irish, buttons, shero, amelia, joy, and namaste...You ladies are rocking this weight loss thing! (My weigh in is tomorrow and I so don't want to do it...I ended up sick...again...this whole asthma and bad lungs thing REALLY doesn't do well with common colds. I usually end up on steroids and usually end up gaining weight and bet you can't guess what medication I am currently on!!!!)

Welcome winnmom, welcome to the coolest and most supportive ladies around!!!

namaste1969 01-20-2013 06:53 PM

2 week weigh in

Down another 2lbs this week. :goodscale