3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Wonderslim #7 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/252471-wonderslim-7-a.html)

Shero 03-23-2012 09:38 PM

Good Evening:

I dont think that I will lose anything for March but to stay the same weight is not a bad thing. I have not lost but not gained either. My routine was disrupted and i just cant get back on it. I need to start getting that morning shake in because it helps me with the whole day.

REKP-just words of encouragement and alot of prayer will help. I am glad that I am still posting on this site. This is important. I see that so many people wander away from the support when it is most needed.

Spring is a bundle of joy. My great niece told me today-she is going to call her Joy. Lol it was cute how she said it. Kinda like-you name her wrong.

Sally Pineapple 03-24-2012 12:20 AM

Today was my first full day and it was a disaster. I made up my puddings, etc the night before and I forgot to take it to work!
I ended up only eating 580 calories according to FitDay.
I weigh in at work on Tuesday so even though I am dying to jump on the scale every day I am going to try to stay to weighing in and posting any loss only on Tuesdays.
I tried to exercise so I ran in place with the commercials between the basketball game. I only lasted for three commercials.

REKP 03-24-2012 08:07 AM

Week 3 or 8 week challenge

Good morning all!
Official weigh in this week...192! I'm delighted.
Sally Pineapple...Don't be discouraged with the bummer of a first day. It gets so much easier when you get into a routine. Your "Chub Club" at work is a great idea. Money is a powerful motivator for me as well. I just can't waste it. I've mentioned on this site before that I've now invested 1115 dollars into the diet plan. I've lost 66 pounds as of this morning..so that's a cost of 16.90 per pound lost. That's a lot of money per pound, but if I wasn't on this diet I feel I would have had very little loss, or even gained over the past 4.5 months. It's worth every cent at this point and I hope I can continue on to my goal on my current stash of Wonderslim packets.
Good Luck to you in winning the pot of cash at work, and also for the weigh in Tuesday.

Shero: I'm so glad you're here. You have been an inspiration to me, a constant encourager. Thank you.

My lilac bush is blooming outside my office window. It's been such a strange winter weather wise, but I keep telling the plants they're being a bit premature in getting those buds and bloom out. It's still going to frost and freeze here!

Hope everyone has a great, on plan, week!

MsModelSara 03-24-2012 10:53 AM

Sorry so MIA

Hey everyone. I'm sorry I haven't checked in for so long. Life has completely gotten in my way. I fell off Wonderslim, then got back on after gaining what I lost back...it was only temporary water weight anyway that I gained but it was a slap in the face none the less. I had some family trouble...with my promotion at work and being converted to full time from a contractor came having to do my previous and current positions simultaneously and train a new person which only stayed 3 weeks so now I will have to train someone all over again -_-. *sigh*

Anyway...I am happy to report Im up to 18 lbs lost!!! :carrot: I'm not doing strictly Wonderslim anymore, but I have taken my portion control I've learned and I'm using an app I found that is doing WONDERS for me and my mind set about weight lost. I'm eating healthier than I ever have wihtout having to go crazy with counting calories or carbs or staing away from restaurants. I feel amazing!

I also purchased a mountain bike which makes me look forward to getting exercise. I love going out on trails and rides around the city to get a great workout and seeing my total calories burned get higher and higher and seeing how far I go and my route map at the end...it's like a high lol. :-) Never thought I'd ever feel that way about exercise again. I used to run 3+ miles a day back in 2005-2006 time period and that was my addiction.

I have been peeking at the daily digests I get via email for this group and wanted to welcome all of the new people - there's nothing like making the decision to do something better for yourself. That's the hardest part is making the decision you want to change. So I want all the new members to go ahead and pat themselves on the back. It won't be an easy journey, and you won't be perfect at it. You're gonna crave no good foods sometimes, don't trip over it if you give in. Just get back on and keep on truckin! And you will get to your goal as long as you DONT GIVE UP.

And hopefully, y'all don't mind if I stick around even though I'm not doing Wonderslim...I like this group :-)

xoxo
Sara

TOY 03-24-2012 10:58 AM

Hey everyone...just checking in but can't stay but a sec.

Dietwise, I'm in a stall pattern but primarily because of health issues with my husband. I'm not even attempting to pretend right now although I am "thinking" about the need to get back on WS. At least I'm "thinking"...that's better than the mindless wandering I've been doing, I guess.

I just find it so hard to concentrate and plan...life sure has a way of grabbing our attention. Makes me appreciate the "boring" normal days a bit more.

I have been shocked by the fact that I have not gained back everything I had lost...it certainly would have happened in the past. Instead, my body has kept a 12 pound loss in spite of the crazy eating and stress. I am shocked speechless and hope to use that as a foundation to continue.

Anyway, just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten you all. I plan to come back because I know it helps me to be with you.

Welcome to everyone I haven't met yet. I apologize for not taking the time to read backwards yet but I will eventually. Appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers as always and send my congratulations on your successes.

Sally Pineapple 03-24-2012 11:09 AM

Motivation is the key for me! I did not realize it until today.
When I get depressed and want to eat I come onto this board and start reading. The stories and the encouragement I see here could get anybody through their day :)
I am just starting day 2 of WS and I decided to try exercising just a little since I failed so miserably before.
I tried the Shawn T Insane workout that Dr Oz has on his website. It is 15 minutes long and I only got through 3 minutes the first time.
Today after reading on this board for an hour I decided to try it once again and guess what?
I did the whole 15 minutes!!! Of course I modified it, but the thing is normally I would have been watching tv and sitting on the couch playing games on my computer. Instead I am breathing hard, my heart is racing, I am sweating and heading off for a shower now.
Hope everyone has a great day today.

Finny321 03-24-2012 04:29 PM

Hi All! I am new to Wonderslim, I started three days ago. I spent the last two months researching different diet plans, playing around with going back to a low carb diet, when I decided to try just something new. WS struck me as the best overall all, there are plenty of sweet items, and I can have a fruit and an occasional potato/pasta/bread serving! Not being able to eat from all food groups is always my downfall with other plans.

I bought about two weeks of food from thedietshopz, and with the 20% off shake sale through diet direct, I just ordered another four weeks of food. I will have plenty of options so I don't get bored. So far I really like the pancakes, and I love the strawberry shake and Irish Cream cocoa.

I'm 42, a brand new CNA, and will hopefully be going to LPN school next fall. I am married (going on 21 years), have three kids, seven cats, and a newly rescued three year old beagle/basset dog.

Airen08 03-24-2012 07:45 PM

Welcome Finny! I'm a cat lover too! Two live with me and one lives with my mom and dad so he can roam the hills! He is a wildcat! Could not tame him to live indoors with me, so my parents look after him where he can roam and play free. Good Luck and look forward to hearing from you!

Guys - I've fallen just a bit. Doctor had to put me on high dose steroids to try and fight this infection from the crohns. I'm doing better crohns wise...the steroids have made me want to eat the bark off a tree! I'm back on track in the morning as best I can. I think a little goal is going to help me. We are throwing a retirement party for my band director (who taught me 15 years ago!) and I am making him a t-shirt quilt of all the past years band shirts. Anyways, the party is May 26 and I would like to be at least 30 lbs down by then.

The hardest part of this for me is when I work at the board of education and the ladies I work with eat out at lunch. I don't want to be the "anti-social" one and decline, but what I've been trying to do is eat my lean and green at lunch when and if that happens, but then I'm left feeling a little empty in the evenings. Majority of days I'm out in the 20 some schools that I service and I never have to worry about anyone seeing what I eat. I'm always testing children or working in my office scoring tests and writing IEP's so it's wonderful! Just have to get over it I suppose - not to mention the BOE office keeps candy dishes everywhere! Ugh - willpower where are you?!

Shero 03-24-2012 08:53 PM

Yea-Msmodel Sara and Toy so glad you see you post.

Toy-I think of you alot. Hoping that you will get a chance to update us on your husband..

Msmodel Sara-we are hear for you and it doesnt matter what plan you are on.

REKP-you are an inspiration to me.....

I was thinking about doing straight wonderslim next week to see if I can lose a tidbit before the end of the month.

REKP 03-25-2012 10:24 AM

Good Morning

Toy and Ms. Sara...so glad to see you guys post. I've missed you :-)

Sheri: I think if you do the Wonderslim all next week you may be surprised at the loss by the end of the month. Good luck!

Finny321: Welcome! I'm excited to see your posts on your losses. I have a cat too. He's an outside cat named Parsley, but is a member of the family. He was a stray that came in to my nephew's house, bit the 2 year old, and scratched the 5 year old before we took him. Strangely, both girls still love him to pieces. He just has a little bit of a psycho personality.

Airen: I'm so sorry you had to go back on steroids. That is one bad drug to try to diet through..but from reading your posts I can see you can do anything you put your mind to! Do you think you could break up the lean and green when you go to lunch, have half of it then and half for dinner? Just a thought.

Sally Pineapple...good for you to finish the exercise video. That has to give you such a feeling of accomplishment!

Hope everyone is having a good, on plan, day.

Finny321 03-25-2012 11:23 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I can't wait to get to know everyone better.

I'm less of a cat lover, more of a cat magnet, though I do love them all. We live where there is an issue with summer people abandoning their animals come fall. There must be a cat led grapevine which tells them where the big softy is. We usually have three to four who are strictly outside too.

Today starts day four, and I just made one of the yucky vanilla shakes taste really good. I saved some hazelnut tea from yesterday's pot. I mixed 8oz with the shake, then heated it in the microwave. It foamed up like a tea latte. It was really good.

Jaelini 03-25-2012 12:33 PM

Day one of WS is halfway down the drain...I am hoping its just a carryover from yesterday's migraine and then dinner party...my tummy is woogy! Can't blame the product because I was feeling yuk when I got moving this a.m...making it difficult to down anything (even water...)

The oatmeal was pretty good...but glad I read about it's boilover frequency...the mocha shake was yummy as was the berry yogurt shake...i doubt I'll do "pudding" option often just because I use ice and water to make them shake-like.

We have 3 pets here...a shiba inu--YUki, a heinz 57 puppy (looks like scrappy doo)--Diesel, and a bobtail kitty--Kyla...they sure do make life interesting and I wouldn't give any one of them up for the world (and I am highly allergic to cats I just found out...oh well, that's what meds and shots are for).

Arien--my son has severe Crohn's...I understand the ups and downs. He' has had 2 surgeries so far...looking at a third after he heals some inside...he's got the bag and has been put on the Remicade infusions. He's getting better--but it a slow, slow process. Definitely puts things in perspective, no?

Finny321 03-26-2012 03:52 PM

I am using a four cup pyrex bowl for cooked items, I haven't had a spill over yet. On plan for today, and I just finished a three mile extremely hilly walk! I was also just diagnosed (this morning) as hypothyroid, so I start meds for that Wednesday. I know I have to not eat soy for about two hours after I take the Synthroid, so I need to double check all my breakfasts. Thankfully a lot of the WS products are whey based.

Hope you are feeling better Aerin and Jaelini.

Sally Pineapple 03-26-2012 08:59 PM

I am just finishing my fourth day and things are going good in the eating area, but exercising is the part I need more work on. I weigh in at work on Tuesdays so I am anxious and nervous about my weigh in tomorrow morning with only four days under my belt.
BTW, I have three cats. All with their own personalities.

LindseyLouWho 03-27-2012 12:33 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm going to come in here and introduce myself. I'm Lindsey, and a couple of years ago I was all the way down to 178 lbs (mostly floating from 185-195) and then fairly quickly starting in the fall of 2010, I fell off the wagon (and down the mountain...). Over the course of about a year and a half, I've gained back about 100 lbs. I recently got engaged, and so there's additional incentive for me to lose weight to look cute in wedding dresses, but mostly I'm just looking forward to being able to fit into all of the size 12 clothes that are in my closet.

Last fall, I came back on here because I was starting Weight Watchers, but I didn't get anywhere really with that because there was "too much freedom" for me, so now that I haven't been able to get a handle on things by myself because of stress from grad school, I've decided to try a more regimented approach, Wonderslim. :) I did Wonderslim right before I fell off the wagon in Fall 2010, but stopped because of stomach issues from gastritis. This time, I'm taking Prevacid as a preventative measure, so I shouldn't hopefully have any problems!

I started 3 days ago and so far so good, except for the headache I got this afternoon. I have been eating a few more calories than is called for according to the program, but I figure that's okay considering I weigh nearly 300 lbs. I'm allowing myself additional servings of fruits, veggies, or protein snacks (like cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, etc.) if I'm legitimately hungry. I'm also a little bit more free with my dinner choices because I know if I did the "meat & 2 veg" thing, I'd get really bored quickly, so I'm just making my dinner something healthy, like a Lean Cuisine or something healthy that I cook.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Sally Pineapple 03-27-2012 01:03 AM

Welcome Lindsey and congrats on soon to be married. I am also new and enjoy coming to this thread for the encouragement that I receive here.
I am looking to lose 100 lbs. I have never been thin but I have looked a lot better than I do now. I am going to try baby steps of 10 and 25 lb goals to try to keep from going off the wagon. As far so good and my weigh in is in the morning.

REKP 03-27-2012 07:22 AM

Good Morning

Sally Pineapple:
So, today is weigh day! Good luck on seeing great results!
Finny 321:
Sounds like a great workout. Walking is such a good exercise, I walked to lose this weight before, but a knee injury, surgery and an unstable knee kept me from doing that this time. I truly miss it. I love my exercise bike, it makes my knee actually feel better, so it's a decent trade off I guess. I had SO many boil overs from soup especially when I started this diet. Just thinking I haven't had one in quite a while, but I watch everything like a hawk. Hate to clean that microwave. :)
I think our house has some kind of a cat central sign for strays too. Parsley has hated all that comes around, except 1. We tried to get that one to stay, fed him, took him to the vet for worm medication and antibiotics when he had been in a fight, but we haven't seen him but once since. I would like another cat as a friend for Parsley, and have thought about taking him to the animal shelter and let him pick him out a pet. Do you think they would laugh me out of there?
Lindsey: Your story reads just like mine. I, too, was down to around 185 from an all time high of 326. That was 3 years ago. The knee injury I mentioned above along with some horrible choices (food, exercise, life in general) put me back to 288 in January of last year. I started trying to lose the weight on my own...in late May I was 274, I added the exercise bike activity and cutting portion size. 258 by the first of November when I started this diet. (I use Wonderslim food and do the New Lifestyle program which is a lot alike except it's 1 meal per day of lean and green food.) So far, this has been the easiest diet I've ever been on. I wouldn't think easy and diet would ever belong in the same sentence!
Let us know if there is anything we can do to help encourage you along the way and I look forward to your posts.
Jaelini: How are you doing? Hope you are feeling better!
Hope everyone has a great, on plan, day!

Macilly 03-27-2012 07:53 AM

New

Hi - I am new and just ordered the Wonderslim 4 week package yesterday. I am anxious to start and excited to see that I should get my shipment by tomorrow. I need to lose about 60 pounds and have tried other diets. I did the weight watchers program and the freedom of choosing my foods just did me in. Apparently, I have no willpower and portion control is not my friend. So, I am fine with losing slower as long as its steady and easy for me. I am not sure exactly how WS works yet but I hope the literature explains it all to me. It seems some of you are ordering the food and following the Medifast plan and some are doing the New Lifestyle plan. I guess I will figure it out.

A friend of mine did the MF diet and lost 100 pounds pretty quickly. She also lost a lot of her hair and said it was due to losing pds fast and not MF specifically. She was fine with it but I hope that doesn't happen to me. I had cancer at 33 and losing my hair once is MORE than enough.

Lindsey - congrats on your engagement. I have been married 11 years to a great guy who I sometimes want to strangle (like when he is eating cookies and milk every night and never gaining a pound!) but overall marriage has been good to me. I wish you the same.

Well - very excited about starting. Need to drink more water since I drink more diet coke than is reasonable or rational.

Finny321 03-27-2012 10:19 AM

Welcome Macilly, LindseyLouWho, and Sally Pineapple from another newbie!

REKP, you need to find a rescue that brings the animal to your house for a visit! That is how we got our newest beagle/bassett. We had lost our last beagle two years ago, and at first weren't going to get another dog. I couldn't take it though. I missed having a dog too much! The rescue was great when I asked if they would bring her over. I wanted see if she fit into the house dynamics, how the cats would react, and most of all whether she would be comfortable. It was love at first sight!

Yesterday went well, I made tacos for the spouse and my boys (my daughter is in FL for the month visiting family), so I had a taco salad. Fit right into plan and with the cheddar chips it was delicious and I did not feel deprived.

I have a normal walk planned today. I've decided to back off my jogging schedule for a bit. I am double jointed and my joints (especially knees and hips) give me trouble, with starting my CNA work next week I don't want to hurt myself. Once I get back down to the 170s (and I will!) I will start again.

Shero 03-27-2012 11:46 AM

Wow-welcome to all the newbies. I believe in Wonderslim if you stick by it. I have broken my routine so it is a struggle to get back on it. I do not know why because I can actually say I like the product. I also like Nutrisystem-it's been a while since we have mentioned that you can buy it at Big Lots-I am going to have to make a trip because I ran out of Spicy Pasta and need some sort of replacement. The black bean tortilla soup is excellent.

REKP-get a Yorkie they act like cats LOL. Spring Rose is doing excellent. I am trying to get back to my routine. I enjoy your jeans so much. It has been a long time since I had so many pairs.

Looking forward to a successful April. Can I still meet my six month goal if I get really strict?

Macilly 03-27-2012 12:30 PM

Shero - you can buy the WS stuff at Big Lots? I have a BL near me but have never really gone in there.

Finny321 03-27-2012 05:12 PM

I think Shero meant you can buy Nutrisystem at Big Lots. I think Wonderslim is brand specific to Diet Direct, though my diet shopz and nashua nutrition both have similar items. :)

Airen08 03-27-2012 07:47 PM

I'm still here...just got out of the hospital and put on even more steroids. :(

Jaelini - I'm also on Remicade. I have had severe crohns disease for the past 6 years now. Been on Remicade for 5. I have developed an infection from the remicade treatments (due to no immune system) and it has taken over my lungs. They just about collapsed yesterday and so I was hospitalized. Just got home with 4 more weeks of prednisone and high dose antibiotics. Got a long road of recovery ahead. I have had 9 crohns surgeries: bowel resections, fistula repairs, and c-ton insertions. Very difficult road to say the least! Will be thinking of your son! Still down at the weight of my ticker as I've not really been eating well at all. The steroids will probably kick in later with hunger...but right now the antibiotics make me sick to my stomach. Crohns sucks.

Shero 03-27-2012 08:44 PM

Hi All-

You can buy Nutri-system at Big lots. Some are lower in protein but they are a great lunch item. I also found some Kashsi nut rolls.

I did good today. Started the day with a shake. Had a pure protein bar and one of the Kashi rolls. Supper is always the challenge. I had homemade sloppy joe on low calorie wheat bread with some oven-baked home fries. My portions were good.

I want to lose this weight. Sometimes it is so difficult. I am such an emotional eater. Since I lost Teena at the end of February I have been struggling. Teena was my almost 13 year old Yorkie.

Sorry for your health issues Airen08.

For those of you that want to count calories Loseit.com has a wonderful calorie counter.

REKP 03-28-2012 08:34 AM

Good Morning

Macilly: Welcome! I look forward to hearing about your progress on the diet! It does work.
Finny 321: I'm sure our local shelter would bring out a cat to see if Parsley would like him, my biggest concern is that Parsley would act up and be rude to the new cat. We just can't have that here in the south, even if he is a cat. haha. I think if we can take him in and keep him in his carrier and introduce the cats from the outside there won't be any danger of brawls. He really is a sweet cat, just a little psycho.
Shero: This week I saw a yorkie with it's head out the window of a car, hair blowing and just the happiest look on it's face. I thought of you and Spring when I saw it. I'm glad you're enjoying the jeans. Let me know when you're ready for the 18-20's and I'll get some in the mail to you.
I look forward to hearing about your loss this coming month. You can do it! We all can!
Thank you, again, for the soups. I still enjoy those for my morning and afternoon snacks.

Just a funny... I mentioned that my friend gave me a bunch of size 14's she had under grew on the Wonderslim diet, I decided to try on a couple of pair last week since one pair of my 16 pants are a bit loose. The first pair I tried with an elastic waist didn't go over my thighs, the second pair with a zipper and set in waist band went up, zipped and buttoned (read with a LOT of effort here) I felt like my kidneys were in a vice, I could only take little guppy breaths, and knew if I tried to set down I would burst the seams, but they did go on :-) My plan is to try that pair every week until they fit, I hadn't had a pair of size 14's on for 25 years. So a very small non scale victory.
Airen: I'm SO sorry to hear about your Crohns flare up. I just said a prayer for you that this will pass quickly, the antibiotics and steroids will work and you will feel better soon!.

Shero 03-28-2012 08:15 PM

REKP-I am ready for those clothes. Pants are getting baggy. One of the employees that has been laid off said "you've lost a lot of weight", she made my day.

I need to get an updated picture of Spring posted she is just awesome and very active. Last night she was tired so she went in her cage by herself and slept. Made me feel good because that means she is not traumatized by being in there will I am at work.......

Hope you all are having a good week.

Finny321 03-28-2012 10:31 PM

I had a good day today, my big batch of food came, so I have enough for the next month and a half. I snuck onto the scale (official way in isn't until tomorrow) and it appears I am down 7lbs. I was already doing a low carb plan, so this is outstanding to me. I've never lost more than 5lb in a week!

I started Synthroid today, hopefully I will start feeling better with my very sluggish thyroid being treated.

REKP, that is cute! I bet he will love another cat around, once he gets used to the idea.

Shero, sounds like you had a good day. People telling me how young I look, or that I lost weight always make my day!

Aerin, I hope that the meds are kicking in and making you feel better.

Macilly 03-29-2012 09:33 AM

Good Morning All - so today is officially DAY 1.

Got my food yesterday and was happy how quick it came in. 2 days seems like a nice turnaround time. I read over all the literature and sorted through the box. I am pretty sure I am exchanging a couple items cause I don't love soy isolate as the first ingredient on my food. Thankfully - not a lot of the food had that and I am going to want more shakes anyway.

So Day 1 -

6:30am - I drank 3oz of milk and I made a chocolate shake. I LOVE the blender cup. Added the 8oz of water and filled the cup up with ice chips. It blended smooth and tasted great. Will definitely order more of these.

9am - I made the Apples Oatmeal. I was hesitant about this one because I don't LOVE oatmeal but surprise - tastes good. Again - will order more.

I plan to eat a soup at lunch with a piece of fruit.

So far so good. My one area of BIG concern is the water. I just don't seem to drink enough (any) and I need to start working on that. So - am I doing this right? Am I eating this food in the right order/amount?

REKP 03-29-2012 09:42 AM

Good Morning

Macilly: Glad you're on the program! I don't think the order of the food is any problem at all. Several times I've felt like oatmeal or hotcakes for supper (dinner elsewhere :-) and that's exactly what I had. I think you have unlimited leeway on that. Water is really, really important. Try to get your 8 cups in, every day. I wasn't much of a water drinker either, but after a while of making a conscious effort to get it in, it comes way easier now. I drink a 16 oz glass every couple of hours during waking hours.
Sounds like you're doing great. Keep up the good work!

Macilly 03-29-2012 09:51 AM

REKP - thanks! Do you drink the dairy? Wasn't sure about that one.

REKP 03-29-2012 10:23 AM

Dairy

Macilly:
I use the Wonderslim and New Lifestyle products interchangeably, but have stuck with the New Lifestyle diet plan. It's pretty much 7 packets of food plus 8 oz lean protein and 2 cups of veges a day. It doesn't allow any diary at all except for skim milk in cereal. I'm sure if it let me have it, I would be eating/drinking all I could have. :-)

Macilly 03-29-2012 10:55 AM

Are you eating fruit or is that not part of plan? I had an apple about a half hour ago because I keep looking at this schedule and its kind of hard to figure out just exactly when I am suppose to eat what.

I was thinking of substituting a package of starkist chunk light tuna (18 grams protein) for the soup at lunch and eating the snack bar. Looking at their chart I am already one shake behind :dizzy:

Finny321 03-29-2012 11:23 AM

Macilly, the Wonderslim plan allows one fruit serving a day for women. I am using a modified version but here is the basics of the women's plan:

1 Protein serving, cooked weight 4oz very lean (140 cals/serving) or 3 oz lean (170 cals/serving)

2 vegetables (approximately 25 calories/serving)

1 fruit (approximately 60 calories/serving)

1 starch (approximately 80 cal/serving)

2 optional (<20 cals/serving) (1 of these can be a dairy) (dairy 50/cal a serving)

7 meal substitutes (3 meal replacements, 3 protein supplements, 1 bar)

For the meal subs, I don't eat a lot of bars as the sugar alcohol bothers me, so I pretty much have a three shakes, a dessert type item, a chip/pretzel/cracker, an entree, and a breakfast packet. I save 3 meal subs for later in the day, I tend to get hungrier at night. It keeps me from munching on stuff I shouldn't. On the "what did you eat today thread?" I post my menu each day, if that helps you? I do eat a bit more vegetables on my plan.

I don't eat every allowed item every day, though I do get all my subs in, the rest I try to balance until I hit 1200-1500 calories.

Sally Pineapple 03-29-2012 02:41 PM

I still have trouble getting all of my meals in but the water which I never did has gotten easier and I actually go over now.
I fill up a 24 oz blender cup with water and have it with me as I watch ty.
I always had to eat something while watching tv even if I wasn't hungry. Now I just sip on the water while watching my show and it is all gone before I even realize it and I am not putting food into my mouth. :)
I am mixing up some of my leftover Nutrisystem from ages ago and WS and the weight coming off keeps me going.
My major problem is exercising. I just can't get into it and I have no oone to work out with so I need to find a motivator for that. My daughter is suggesting Zumba.

Finny321 03-29-2012 06:41 PM

Great work on the water Sally!

I lost a total of 7 pounds this week. I am very pleased. Instead of treating myself to food that I shouldn't have (as I previously would have), I treated myself to an on plan dinner; lamb chops, along with brussel sprouts and a serving of potato dumplings.

I made a lemon pudding, and topped cherry sugarfree jello with it for later.

Sally Pineapple 03-29-2012 07:53 PM

Wow Finney Congrats on the weight loss!

I got really motivated today and cranked up the music and started cleaning out my laundry room. Putting all of the food in order on the shelves (after I cleared the space) and it just kept going onto the kitchen and my bedroom.
Now looking forward to a nice quiet evening sitting out on the deck.
Then it is back to work for a week along with classes at work.
Hopefully I will be too busy to think about food much.

Finny321 03-29-2012 09:16 PM

Thanks SallyP, I'm sure it won't be this big every week, but it was very nice to see all the same.

Sitting outside sounds wonderful. We had a short and glorious taste of spring, but we are back to cold and dreary late March weather!

REKP 03-29-2012 11:41 PM

Hello

Finny: Congratulations! What a great loss for the week! Sounds like a wonderful meal to celebrate as well.

Sally Pineapple: Wow... you got lots of exercise today! Congratulations on your accomplishments, and also getting that water in.

I've been hungry all day today! That's pretty unusual for me. I think it may have just been stress hunger, I'm trying to get our taxes organized etc. Tomorrow will be better...

Hope everyone has a good night!

Rose

Macilly 03-30-2012 08:44 AM

Finney - 7 pounds..WOW! Congratulations.

Sally Pineapple - you seem to have the water thing down. I struggled yesterday but I think I got it all in by the end of the day.

I did really good until I got home yesterday. The time right before dinner is my danger zone. I was making baked chicken and I had a couple cold shrimp to hold me off. I checked the protein and the shrimp was HIGH with no carbs so I hope that was ok. After I ate the chicken I was fine. I think I will need to keep a shake or something handy around that time to fend off the hunger.

REKP - tax season does suck! I already did mine and gotta love Maryland with there ridiculous tax rates.

Sally Pineapple 03-31-2012 12:02 AM

Yes I think that I have my water down now.
At work we get all the soda and juice we want to drink and I pass them all up now for a glass of ice water lol.

Problem is I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom instead of getting a good sleep.