Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:31 PM   #1  

Default Bistro MD--What Meals Don't You Like?

Hi,

For the most part, the food is great. However, I noticed that everyone has a few that they don't think are very good. I am wondering if people's opinions on that are consistent. Maybe if they are, we can write them and let them know. Maybe they can cycle those off the weekly menus--and add more that we like.

It's hard to be objective with taste at times, but I was wondering if this list could be objective. For example, I am not a big fish lover, especially of salmon, but I have to admit, they do a good job of preparing it. I will usually let my husband eat the additional salmon that week and substitute something else of his. Therefore, I wouldn't suggest the removal of that meal; it's just something I don't care for.

One meal that I thought was particularly inconsistent in taste last week was the Thai Chicken. It just did not have any flavor. That would be my one vote for removal if I could add one.

Does anyone want to add to this list?
jenjram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:01 PM   #2  
klc

Jen, this will be interesting. I lost track on my sheet of which Thai food was which, so I'm gonna have to get back with you on the chicken the next time we have it. I do know that I really like the chicken satay.

I'm a huge (but getting smaller) pasta lover, so it's odd that 2 of my least favorites are the pasta with vodka sauce and the turkey bolognese. I like all the soups except the minestrone...it's really bland to me.
-Kathy
klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:42 PM   #3  

I fixed that bland Thai Chicken.. I added some PB2 to the sauce.. yum,, now I got a lightly flavored peanut, NOT SWEET sauce. That really improved it for me.

Kathy
I agree some of the pasta meals are just so-so... I LIKED the tortellini but I think I had a ravioli meal once and was totally not impressed.. I had to season it up and add Parmesan cheese to it.,, you know I am Italian so I was really disappointed in that meal.. but ate it anyway heheheheh..........
I usually don't like peas but the pea's that they use for some reason .. I am really getting to like. Maybe I always got the wrong ones or over cooked them. could be a little of both.
One meal that I did not like at all is the Tilapia... I make tilapia, one of few fish I do prepare, but I just didn't like the way this was prepared. I will have to think of something to do to it to make it better tasting for me .......Any idea's?????

Last edited by crenita; 10-13-2008 at 09:43 PM.
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #4  
klc

I think I'm going to start broiling the fish in the oven to warm it up. The thaw and microwave method works fine with almost everything except the fish...it doesn't even think about getting flakey. So I can't blame it on Bisto, it's my fault for being too lazy to boil water and fix it they way they tell you to . But since I like a flakey cooked fish, I think the oven would work better for me than boiling anyhow. Something that you may want to try is to make a yogurt/cucumber sauce (non-fat yogurt, chopped up cucumbers and some dill or cilantro depending on your taste). I like that on just about anything. It's a great low cal replacement for tarter sauce.
-Kathy
Old 10-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #5  

OHHHHHH I like that idea Kathy...... I LOVE cucumbers and of course fat free sour cream or yogurt .. YUM......I will make it with my next fish meal. One of my favorite salads is sliced cucumbers, vinegar, fat free sour cream , sliced sweet onions and dried dill...... really very low on calories and ton's of flavor but I never thought to grate the cucumbers and make a sauce with it........
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:58 PM   #6  

I have to admit I like most of the meals so far, but felt I had a dud today for lunch...it was the black bean soup. I usually like bean soups, but this had a funny taste to me. Maybe some weird spice I'm not used to having.

Wondered what others thought...
fairymay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #7  
klc

I've only had the black bean soup once, and it was in the OK category. If I remember correctly, it had cilantro in it (I may be mistaken), so that may have been the gotcha for you (personally I love that herb). Next time it comes up I'll take note.