Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #1  

Default Nutrisystem Question

Hi All,

I'm a new poster but I've lurked off and on for many years.

I have a question about Nutrisystem. I was on that program a number of years ago before they went bankrupt in the '90s. I did lose weight on it and I was down to a place where I was happy. Now I'm above and beyond from that and was interested in starting on Nutrisystem again.

Does anyone know how the food is now compared to then?

Thanks,
Lij
lij1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/211/135

Height: 5'4"

I dont know how it compares from then till now, but can tell you that I just tossed all that I bought (3 months worth) I thought it was the most digusting food I had ever eaten. No blueberry muffin I have ever made or have eaten in the past ever taste like what they pawned a muffin off to be. Other than the ceral and pancakes, there was only one or two lunch/dinner items that I would eat. I thought it was an entire waste of money. But that is just my opinion
4givn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I thought the food was much better. I also did it way back when, and while there are some foods that I don't like the taste of, there are those I really enjoyed.

I did NS full-time for about 6 months, then started tapering off to my own food.
You can really only decide whether you like it or not. They have a 30 money back guarantee, so if you don't like the food - you can send it back. No need to just throw it away.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/199/158

Height: 5'7"

Lori, May I ask you, How much weight did you lose during the six months you did NS full time?

Louise
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #5  

I did NS this past winter and I thought the food was fine. There were a couple items that were just horrible but not many. If you go to the message boards there you can get lots of ideas on what seasonings to add and how to cook the food to make it yummy.
kissesmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote