Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:58 PM   #16  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oseybaby View Post
got my shipment today, tomorrow is my start date. Some items had gone bad, like the turkey wrap and chicken with chick pea salad, threw those out immediately, some I felt were suspect, because the inner covering was puffed out, but I will wait and see on those. The ice park was melted in my case, I guess because I live in sunny weather . Some meal items looked ridiculously small, some looked not to bad, the hard boiled eggs, I don't know how I feel about eating pre-boiled eggs, but we will see. I hate dairy, so the diet cereal might be a bust for me. Anyways, I will get back on how I feel when I taste them. I also plan on trying DTG next to compare which one i will stick with. Good luck y'all
Oh that sux that some things were spoiled! Call them up and they will credit you. They missed two of my dinners in the box and they credited me. I have a woman's name and direct extension if you want it. Her name is Susan and she is very nice! Let me know if you want it!
BabyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #17  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelinQ View Post
I actually just started this program for the second time... Some of the food is exceptionally good... I love the turkey chili and the spaghetti, and the california breakfast. The muffins taste good, but I have a hard time choking them down for some reason. I just don't feel like there's a lot of variety.... I've been afraid to try nutrisystem because it's all prepackaged... *sigh* Last night, I had the beef steak with brown rice and brocoli, which was pretty good. I just really wish they would have more meals to choose from. I only did it two weeks before, and I'm just really worried that i'll find that I dislike more things, so I'll end up eating the same thing all the time.
I know what you mean. There aren't a lot of choices. I had the chicken vesuvio and the chicken had no taste! I hope that all their chicken dishes aren't like that. Now I'm nervous to try the other chicken dinners.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #18  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanadoodle View Post
I'm so glad to find this thread!

I'm thinking about trying it once my DH deploys in a couple weeks. I'll have to keep checking this thread for food reviews!

Just a question, can I specify foods I don't want? I don't like cheese....

Good luck!!!!!!!!
Well, there aren't tons of choices, but I'm sure you can find things without cheese. On another note, I can't believe you hate cheese! I can't live without it! LOL
Old 01-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 173/171/130

Height: 5'6"

oh no! you threw those away just because the packaging was puffed?! there are several messages on the deliciously yours forum on ediets website about that problem, and the ediets people have assured everyone that that only happens because of the pressurization in the plane when the food goes to be shipped, and nothing's wrong with the food...
KelinQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:26 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 173/171/130

Height: 5'6"

oh, and I have never eaten one of the boiled eggs.. i'm terrified of those... they just look so slimy in the little plastic pouch...
KelinQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:25 PM   #21  

okay update on day 2 and 3. I am just trying to help out others who were in my position looking for info on each food plan. I will say this about DY, the food on average are tasty, there are some misses here and there but the food is real and palatable. But boy oh boy, are the sizes miniscule or what, seriously, the potato casserole was like 2 tablespoons, the beef and brocolli, had, 3 tablespoons of brown rice, 4 broccoli heads and three, albeit tasty beef strips, what, and that was dinner. The food is so tiny, it makes me want to add other things, which kinda defeats the purpose . The only hot breakfast is the california breakfast, which is eggs and cheese, but is literally 1 and a half tablespoons, minus the salsa which I hate, so I didn't add it. The snacks I had, were peanuts and stuff, so that wasn't very fulfilling also. Today, I had ham and cheese on wheat, I liked it, never taught I could be so happy about 2 slices of wheat bread. I also had the Jerk pork loin and brown rice, the pork was a bit try and definately had no jerk flavor, the rice and black beans was tasteless. So this is my review so far, taste good for diet food, qauntity= 0. Must reviews of DY online are based on the previous program that cost like $700 a month or something, and is now offered under their signature plan, the plan for $139 is the very basic plan, so keep that in mind, means absolutely no seafood option and very little variety, especially with breakfast.
oseybaby is offline   Reply With Quote