Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:08 PM   #1  

Default NutriSystem or Diet to Go?

Why is NutriSystem way more popular than Diet to Go? I just ordered Diet to Go and I love the fact that you DO NOT have to buy groceries. It comes with fruit & vegetables and the price is lower. The food sounds way better than Nutrisystem.

Any thought??
911lula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:22 PM   #2  
it's always something

Nutrisystem has been around a lot longer, so they are more widely known. Plus they are cheap, compared to other diet meal services. I've tried both and enjoyed the diet to go, but couldn't stomach nutrisystem. That was the worst week of my life. But some people like it.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:57 PM   #3  

Should I get the LO CARB or LOW FAT? I ordered low fat but it seems like a lot of carbs but it is 1200 calories as oppose to low carb higher calorie.

How long did u stay on diet to go?
Old 05-04-2007, 06:24 PM   #4  
it's always something

I've heard the low fat is better than the low carb, but it depends on your personal tastes and what you think you can live with. I went with the vegetarian plan, which was also low fat. I avoided the soy products after the first taste, lol. But there were some very good meals in there. My only real complaint was that they didn't include instructions on how long to reheat the foods, or if the microwave was the best method for certain foods, etc. I had to wing it, but everything turned out ok. I made sure they were thawed before heating.

I also tried the 3 Hour Diet and was very impressed with the quality of their foods. They didn't offer much for vegetarians, so I strayed and ate some seafood I even had lobster one night!

If diet meal delivery turns out to be the way you want to go long term, I'd suggest trying them all so you can compare them and see which you like the best. There's a big difference between them all. Most are really good, but there may be some aspects to some that you don't care for. I really enjoy the convenience of having someone else do it for me. I'm not using a diet meal delivery service at the moment, but am living on frozen dinners. Not Lean Cuisine style, but some all natural brands such as Seeds of Change.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #5  

Thanx so much ! That really helps!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:29 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I just looked at diet to go and it looks pretty decent. It is more expensive than programs like Nutrisystem (I think NS runs you about 200-300/month). Although I think the quality of food does look better than NS. There is actually a drop off/test site about half a mile from my work.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote