Old 08-17-2006, 12:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Default sweet, sweet blessings

Wow. What a difference a few days makes. God continues to teach me that I need to turn EVERYTHING over to Him.

I had so many blessings today! My big girl started kindergarten and LOVED it. I made a really tough 9th step amends with my sister in law. I went to church tonight and participated in awesome worship and heard the message that I really needed to hear. My husband showed up at church and surprised me. After school my sweet big girl, who learned about independence at school, took it upon herself to clean up the dog run by herself. I got 3 OA phone calls. My mom called to tell me that she found an OA sponsor. I even got a couple of hours of work done.

I feel good. I feel close to God. I feel like I'm actively loving others. God is right here with me. My sponsor is awesome. What a great day.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/186/155

Height: 5'9"

All of us need support for those "bad" days, but what a joy to hear of someone's great day! I love to hear of the Lord's blessings!
EverHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:17 AM   #3  

thanks. :-)
And...so far, today is great too!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:04 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Marny... you're sounding so much "better" than a few weeks ago. I'm so glad things are going well, sweetie. Remember when things don't go the way we want them to... that time will pass.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:30 AM   #5  

Hey Ellis-
Good to hear from you. Yes, I'm feeling much better than a few weeks ago. God continues to bless my life every single day. My days are busy, but they are filled with lots of good stuff: OA meetings, yoga, running, church, OA phone calls, step work, and regular family/household stuff. I don't have time to think about stuff that could get me into trouble. I'm going to bed earlier, waking up earlier, and feeling more awake.

I've been spending more time reading the Big Book lately. Wow, there's good stuff in there. Here's what I've read recently and been thinking about:
pg. 451 top:
The tides of life flow endlessly for b etter or worse, both good and bad, and I cannot allow my abstinence to become dependent on these ups and downs of living. Abstinence must live a life of its own.

I love it.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:43 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny View Post
The tides of life flow endlessly for better or worse, both good and bad, ...
Wow, that is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it, hon.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote