Old 06-19-2006, 05:06 PM   #1  

Default Me again...food mentioned

Good afternoon everyone, Just thought I'd write a little something to everyone. I live in MA and god, was it hot this past weekend! But, I went swimming and that was great.

There was a small "chip" incident this weekend but at least I didn't eat the WHOLE 2 bags! Onward and upward right? I started to feel badly about it but, I refuse to. I have spent way too much time in my life regretting food. The real regret should be if I continued in my behavior today, which I did not.

I also discovered that I have another binge food of strawberries. I was buying large conatiners (plural) and slicing them all and eating almost all of them. So, that is now off my list unless I buy 1 small container to share. Funny, how those binge foods creep up on you and you are like...hey, what's this I am doing?

I went to a meeting on Sat in my home town which is always good. I like it because it is 1&1/2 hours long, with a speaker and time for everyone to share. I like the longer meetings. I am there anyway, why not stay longer?

Today, so far the food has been good today. I ususally have a 180cal shake for breakfast, salad w/ chicken for lunch and a lean meat and salad for supper and 1 yogurt and nothing in between. Good thing I like to eat the same things over and over!

Driving to work today, I decided that I need to start writing my food down again. That ususally keeps the "chip incidents" from happening.

Part of my problem with OA is that is not black and white. I hate that because I hate all things that are not clear cut. So, actually, it is good for me to have to live a bit in the gray area. I find it hard to hear about what everyone else is doing because then I start comparing myself and my program to them.But, I like to hear what everyone is doing because it give me good ideas! I constantly have to remind myself that this is MY custom program for me, not anyone else.

Have a good night! Karen
pharmacistkaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey Karen!

It's great to hear from you and how your program is going.

You are right about the chip--what's important is that you didn't carry the behavior over to the next day. That you can recognize that shows the clarity in your thought!! Hurray!

Your frustration with the lack of black and white in the program is common to everyone who begins OA. It's part of the process of becoming honest with yourself, giving control to your higher power, and setting up boundaries that work for YOU.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:09 PM   #3  

Hi Karen Thanks for sharing that with us! It sounds like you are doing well even with the 'chip incident' It takes a while for it all to come together and besides that, we are all human and tend to make mistakes now and again. Onward and upward is right!

What kind of shake are you having for breakfast? I am just about ready for some new breakfast ideas!
WaterWater is offline   Reply With Quote