Old 05-22-2006, 08:25 AM   #1  

Default Feeling very thankful

Yesterday I was not feeling very well - I have a pretty nasty cold and so I took cold medicine all day and laid around, just relaxing and trying to feel better. I took that opportunity to do a lot of reading.

I had ordered some literature from OA online and I dove into all of that. I read some from the 12 Steps/12 Traditions book and also from the AA Big Book. It is just all so inspiring! It is so wonderful to KNOW that I am not alone in this, nor or my problems completely unique -- others have suffered just as I have (if not worse) and are now in recovery. It IS possible!

Before I began OA, I would have never thought to read any AA literature, but oh my goodness - the AA Big Book is so inspiring and applies to SO MANY aspects of our lives... not just drinking alcohol or overeating... it is just such a wonderful book! I think that EVERYONE should read it! I have been reading the book online, but I will be ordering the hard copy next time I place an order with OA. Not only does it inspire me to move forward with my own recovery, but it is teaching me so much about how I view other people and thier problems. How many times have I said to myself that someone just needed to get over something or move on or make changes in thier lives so that thier problems would disappear? This book has shown me so many things in a whole new light.

I LOVE that OA addresses physical, emotional, and spiritual needs! I need help on all of those levels and I can see now how it is ALL connected!

Please forgive me for rambling on! It is like a light came on for me and I can see how it is all connected and all POSSIBLE! I am feeling very, very thankful this morning for so much! OA is such a wonderful program and I am so very thankful to have found it! Those of you who are there know what I mean and if anyone is reading this who has not explored OA, I sincerely hope that you will. I can see that this is going to change my life in SO MANY WAYS! For the first time in my life, I am NOT on a diet ~ I am in RECOVERY!
WaterWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Water,
Wow, that is awesome! it's such a fantastic feeling when the light goes on and stuff comes together. I can totally relate to your feeling of awe about the AA Big Book. Until I began reading it, I thought it was about alcohol, drinking alcohol, and how to stop drinking it. I never imagined that there was any other information in there, or that I could ever use any of it.
I have been blessed over and over with the understanding that I'm not alone in this addiction or these feelings. For the first time in my life I'm not ruled by fear and shame. It's truly awesome. God amazes me everyday.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote