Old 04-30-2005, 08:54 AM   #1  
Curvy Vixen

Default New

Hi everyone,
I am new to OA. I went to two meetings. Somehow I feel I found a place I belong. The meeting I went to was small about ten people and they ranged in various sizes, some so thin I wonder why they were there. I realized this wasn't a diet group and they were abstinent in their recovery. When I walked into this group. I wanted all the answers about losing weight. I wanted the how and whys I over eat. I wanted them to help me plan my recovery down to the dime and I was going to do it. This wasn't the case. The answers are found in me and my higher power. Everyone's journey is different. For me I need to stay with 3 meals a day and planned snack. NO sugar. I have not lost any weight yet, but I have gained such a perspective at my addiction.
I am not religious. The last time I stepped into church was the day my daughter made her confirmation three years ago. I didn't think a 'spirtual' group was the answer. My higher power is more of a serenity and peaceful being that has my best interest at heart. For all of those thinking of going to OA. Please give it a few meetings.
For now I start my journey...
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 11:24 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Lynn, what a wonderful post... thank you!
I'm so glad you're enjoying OA. Although I am religious, I'm not normally "into" religious based groups, either. But I think the "higher power thing" is whatever you make it.
I haven't been to OA in about six months or more, but I'm starting again this week.
Good luck to you, and know that we're here for support.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 08:22 PM   #3  
Curvy Vixen

thanx for the welcom ellis
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:17 AM   #4  

Welcome home PP I'm glad you're here. I'm not aware of an online community like this for OA or overeating, so I'm hoping this place will grow. Please hang around and help

I've been in OA since 2/15 (online) and I am so grateful. I too had misconceptions about what it is, and I am grateful to be brought to this place in my life.
CackyDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote