Old 04-16-2005, 09:21 PM   #1  

Default Please let there be someone around here...

I'm looking for an online forum for COEs and may have to start my own. Is anyone here?

I've been going to OA online for 2 months now, 5 days abstinence. I'm on step four. Hello? Is anyone here?
CackyDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 11:00 AM   #2  

Hi, I'm new here too. This is my first post. This doesn't seem to be a heavily visited forum. I'm hoping there are other people around. I go to a live OA meeting once a week, but I could sure use some online support as well.

I'm on step four too, and stuck. My sponsor tells me that it usually means I have to back up a step or two and work on that some more. I have some big changes in my life right now. I have been disabled for four years with bipolar disorder, and I'm starting a new job tomorrow. My abstinence is slipping. I cannot stay away from my daughter's chocolate chip cookies. I give in to the cravings, and of course it doesn't solve any of my anxiety problems. I know about all the tools, but something in me is refusing to use them. Right now my illness is looming large. I need help.
drjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #3  

(((drjulie)))

do you know about online OA meetings? I think there are a few sites that have them. I go to one that has live meetings every 3 hours round the clock.

Sorry you're hurting.

I'm not exactly stuck on step four, but it is taking awhile. I did a spectacular binge a week or so ago, and felt I needed to go back to step 1. Asked my sponsor and she suggested working Steps 1-3 was a sort of daily thing, so I've started my step four writing. It's slow going. I think I would like to deal thorougly with each thing at one time, like, acknowledge it, make amends, that kind of thing. But I'm going to trust the wisdom of the program.

What kind of support would you like from us today?
Old 04-24-2005, 10:32 AM   #4  

Dear Friends I really appreciate your posts and relate to the journey that we are all on. I love OA but there are no meetings near me at all. I have not tried internet meetings but will. I really need to fell connected to other people with overeating. I wish I had some advice but I dont I will pray for you both daily, esp at night when I struggle the most maybe it is a hard time for you too. We need to keep a baby step focus . Many Thanks Susanna
Susanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:07 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

DrJulie, big hugs, sweetie...
There's also a forum here for people with depression related issues. Leenie (the moderator) is a lovely lady. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:39 PM   #6  

I am not a member of OA yet......thinking about it but, I love these boards!
mamalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:43 AM   #7  
Curvy Vixen

I'm attending meetings and I'm only on step one.. please leave me a pm message. I would love to put together a support group... either email or here...
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:18 AM   #8  

I'm hoping this forum will become an active and strong support group. I'm thankful for those who are already here and I'm hoping if we get to yakking people will come and stick around. I'm telling my friends about it