Old 12-16-2007, 12:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/191/151

Height: 5'3''

Default Im new

Hi. Im a 21 yr old Female, Im now the heaviest and most unhealthy ive ever been. I have fallen into a depression over my weight and I have no choice but to loose lbs to gain my happy, healthy life back. My goal is 40 lbs and I know if I want it bad enough and have the proper support I can do it. I have my first OA meeting in 2 days and was wondering if anyone could tell me about what I should expect the first few weeks and months. Is changing my eating habits enough to see significant weight loss? Thanks and god bless...and good luck to all.
Let it be easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 100/95/75 (kg)

Height: 167cm

HI! I just saw your thread and had to respond.
I am ten days abstinent and very new too. I have been to about 5 meetings and am yet to get a sponsor.

I know each person will be different but I thought i shoould ttell you i have been reborn! Day ten abstaining from foods which trigger me to overeat has led me not only to lose weight (that shouldnt be the key to doing this) but to gain a life! For the first time in my life i am not being ruled by my addiction and this is the ultimate gift. I write a daily journal and am reading the big book - so basically i am not doing any of this half heartedly but with total 110% deication. Only you and your letting go to let your Higher Power take over will tell.

I honestly believe there is no diet, exercise program or opperation that could succeed better than a whole inner transformation. GO FOR IT GIRL! And stay in touch with me if you like. You are at a GREAT age - I am 10 years older than you but have no regrets. THis feeling of awareness i have now is very rewarding. As they say in the meetings - KEEP COMING BACK!
Sarah
shanghaisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #3  

I am also new. Today is my 20th day abstinent!!! What we can't do on our own, our higher power can do for us. I'm trying to stay focused in the present; one day at a time.
clover1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 135/135/124

Height: 5'5''

Hi, I am new today as well. I'm not quite familiar with the site or any of the forums. Any advice? I have wanted to go to OA for years or at least be a part of it. I have been addicted to food for awhile. I'm not terribly overweight at all, however weight and food are issues for me. Some days, my productivity is determined by my food intake. It's very hard for me to eat just three meals. If i'm alone I will eat until I have to go to bed. I almost don't know what else to do.
anyway I'd love some advice or suggestions and can't wait to get to know you all and learn from you!
Have a great day
tumtum
tumtum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:26 PM   #5  

Welcome tumtum. From your numbers it looks like it is not obesity that you are battling, but the demon monster of food being SUCH a big deal every day. Have you found an OA meeting to attend? My personal experience is that this 12 step program has allowed me to function in life without thinking about food every waking moment (should I eat, what should I eat, when can I eat, how can I eat without someone seeing me eat.....) A HUGE relief. Please stay and continue to share and ask questions.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

I agree with tommy whole heartedly. You are welcome here. You'll get out of OA what you put into it.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:34 PM   #7  

Oh, I'm soooooooo excited to see all the new people here!

Welcome! This is the right place for anyone that has a desire to stop eating complusivly. Size of body has nothing to do with it in my humble opinion.

the tools are wonderful along with the 12 steps and 12 tranditions.

I will share what is working for me a little:
Using the tools of literature, sponsor, meetings, food plan, praying( I don't know if that's a tool but it is for me) phone.

Now about the literature:
I want to share that I just received my For Today book today!! I use to have one but then I thought I was cured so out it went and back came the diesease!! Anyway, I sent for a used one from the web and also have sent for a 12x12 used see there's more than me out there that thinks they are cured!!! Just wanted you to know you can get used if you can't afford new.

I get long winded when I get excited so thanks for being here.

What we can't do alone we can do together!

pat d
patd is offline   Reply With Quote