Feeling a bit better everyday - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 07-07-2007, 10:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 252.2/220/200 1st goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Feeling a bit better everyday

Good Morning,
I am feeling better everyday since Zack (my dog) died. We have a meeting with the web site designer on Wed. Also my OA books arrived, I have 2 more I need to pick up and our main office is open on Monday so by then I will be all set. My weekly meeting is on Wed in the evening and this week I received an "outreach call" from someone at the last meeting.
Since I gained so much weight I have not seen any of my friends for over 2 years. I have isolated myself almost completely except for work and a few functions.
I know being back in OA will give back the confindence I need.
Bumps
Magic Flute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #2  

'morning Bumps!

Glad you are doing a bit better. Please post the website once you have it up and running.

I find I'm quite isolated too. I recently joined Facebook and have come across alot of old highschool 'friends'. I only really posted a couple of face shots of myself and am embaressed about how I truly look. I almost feel like I'm being deceiving....but they all seem to look more or less the same.
I have to be thankful that I don't need to post a photo for this site! LOL

Have a great day!
Mabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:29 AM   #3  

Hi Mabela,
I will post the web site and hope it will help to save even one dog from this terrible but treatable condition.
Talk about pictures! Wow, I almost fainted when I saw the pictures my son took after our Grandson was born 2 weeks ago. I was shocked at how I looked. At the first OA meeting I went to about a month ago the group leader talked about honesty being so important in the program. After I saw that picture of myself that made me look honesty square in the face, namely my own. If I had any doubt I needed this program that ended it. We could make a whole thread just based on that topic.
Anyway thanks for your post and you have a great day too.
Bumps
Old 07-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey there-
Yep, honesty is key. It was a skill that I had to learn. I hadn't been honest with myself for so long that I had forgotten what it felt like. Taking an honest look at my overeating, overweight, isolation, anger, and fears was like jumping into a cold pool. I stood on the edge for a while until I had the courage to jump. It sent shivers up my spine, and it was hard to breathe. Eventually, with time, I came to feel comfortable and at ease enough to move forward. Complete honesty never stops being hard, but I have become much more willing to embrace it.

Oh man, looking at those pictures of ourselves is shocking. We don't feel that big. How in the world did it happen? It's okay-- we don't have to be huge forever. We have choices. We can choose to live in recovery and change our appearance, our outlook, our insides, and our relationships.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:44 PM   #5  

Thanks Marny everything you said I needed to hear. I have not weighed myself yet, the pictures were bad enough. However my weigh in day will be on my birthday, August 10th and then the 10th of each month thereafter. Then I will post my weight here and monitor my progress. I know it will be scary but that's the honest stuff.
Bumps...in the road
Old 07-10-2007, 01:54 PM   #6  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Bumps: I love the fact that you are starting a fund for needy pets. My Jazmine who passed about a yr and 1/2 ago had Cushings Disease. I didn't have the money to treat her properly, but then I contacted a Pit Bull Rescue group out of Missouri and they agreed to give me $400 to go towards her bill. So the day I was approved, I was estatic, driving home from work, singing and just so excited. But when I got home my Jazmine was so very bad off, and she ended up dying that night. It was the worst day of my entire life. So I had to contact the organization and tell them nevermind, we were too late. But their generousity convinced me to give money to a similar organization at a later date. Thank you for trying to help needy animals!!!!!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #7  

Hi again Sadnfat,
Yep we are getting very excited and meet with our website person tomorrow, then I will call the Vet Surgeon who took care of Zack to see if she will be our spokes person. Then we will begin our mailing campaign to Vets and Trainers to help more dog owners learn about Canine Bloat. One web site called it the worst dog emergency ever!.. If only we had known Zack would be here today.
Bumps