Old 04-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ /145

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy New to the thread I'd like to introduce myself

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks now and thought it was time that I introduced myself. My name is Judi. I was a member of OA 30 years ago. At that time they had what they called a grey sheet ands with the help of a sponser I was able to maintain abstinence and lost 70 lbs in a very short time.
Last year I decided to move to metro Atlanta where my daughter lives. I had a new patio home built and moved in last May. I am divorced and had to make all the decisions myself it was very stressful. Long story short all I ate was junk. Every meal was gum drops and cookies and chocolate. My eating was so out of control. I got on the internet and found a meeting. I knew OA was the only thing that ever worked for me. Getting abstinence was not easy like before. I'd have a few days here and there. I did manage to drop a few pounds. This week I have been eating junk again but lieing to myself about it. I got on the scale this morning and I had gained 2 lbs. I was angry with myself. What was wrong with me. I thought I was working the program. I go to three meetings a week. One step meeting and two discussion meetings. At my meeting today I learned that I wasn't asking God for help. I wasn't turning it over. I said OK starting Monday I will do it. It must have been my higher power that said you are starting now. Its only been hours but it feels so good. Without my OA friends and my meeting I would never have know this and I would have been lieing to myself and beating myself up.
Thanks so much for listening.

Last edited by Judibeau; 04-11-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Judibeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default Judi, Judi, Judi

I just had to say that!

Welcome.

I am very new here, but I read all the new posts that pop up when I am on, so I thought I would say hi.

I was in OA 26 years ago....close enough to 30 to make us peers, huh?

I lost some weight, but the best part was giving up the food thing to a higher power........what it all boiled down to was that it was so hard to work the 12 steps, I decided I'd rather be fat. I did a very precursory moral inventory that was neither searching nor fearless, and my sponsor said, "try again." That was that......It is a great program, and I wish you well!

Mary
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Welcome both Judi and Mary-

Welcome! I'm glad that you found us here. You're both on the right track.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:11 PM   #4  

Hi,
I'm new here. Just found it today. I hope to lose weight and get healthy and it's nice to know I'm not alone. Somethimes I feel like I'm out of control. I need to set my mind on this goal and do it!
It"s nice to know that I will have support.
Big Momma
Big Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #5  

Mary,
Maybe 26 years ago was the wrong time for you. Find a Step Meeting and give it another try. I am only starting my inventory.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:11 PM   #6  

Momma,
You are never alone. I have been so out of control at times that I even think that I need to bake so I can eat the batter. I've eaten those refrigerator cookies raw. And even ate frozen sweets. Right now I am fighting a urge to open a package of chocolate morsels in my freezer. So far I have had 5 days of abstinance.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:58 AM   #7  

I am just starting out on the path of abstinence (from binge eating) yesterday was the last day, i need to change. 24hrs of not going wild...it doesnt make it any less easier to think about it tho
Can i join your support group?
DistOrtEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

distorted-
Welcome! Of course you can join. We are open to anyone who wants to stop compulsively eating. Glad you found us.

Big Momma-
You are so not alone. Welcome.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote