3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Other Reduced Carb Diets (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets-227/)
-   -   Belly Fat Cure 2011 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets/233809-belly-fat-cure-2011-1-a.html)

WebWoman 08-18-2011 06:19 PM

I'm going to try to work out more, as well!

Today was spent moving my 18 yo (one of my twins) into Miami Univerity (Ohio) where he will study to be an electrical engineer. Bittersweet is all I can say, as I helped move his things into a room and organize it for him...made up the bed with new linens...bought him lunch at the cafeteria...gave him a last hug before I left for home. :(

He's so excited to meet all the new people and I can't let him know that I hate for him to leave..so I smile and take pictures with him outside the brick dorm building... You guys will experience this same thing if you have kids, so prepare.

I'm kind of out of control emotionally, so I hope I don't have a big binge tonight.

BCL216 08-18-2011 07:39 PM

webwoman,
I have already been there a few years back. I thought my heart would break.
But that was easy compared to watching them get married and leave for good. Things will be better soon, hang in there.

SpunkyA 08-18-2011 09:23 PM

Thanks for the welcome! I put my general weekly exercise below for whomever is interested but I have done this for a long time so I'm not sure it applies...but happy to help if i can! :

Sunday: Run
Monday: Boot Camp Class
Tuesday: Spin
Weds: nothing
Thursday: Rebounding
Friday: Run
Saturday: nothing

having serious PMS hunger today...first time I've felt hungry on this program. Ugh. But the green & black dark chocolate helps :)

Joislpd264 08-19-2011 07:03 AM

It's 4 days post shoulder surgery where the doctor severed the tendon and shaved the bone. Experiencing a great deal of pain and have an incredible craving for ice cream (or just anything frozen and sweet)! Not even thinking about weighing = the pain pump and the brace probably weigh 5 pounds alone! Reading other posts keeps me motivated and focused - thank you!

fitchy 08-20-2011 03:29 AM

Oh, my... If you haven't tried these, please do. They remind me of the cinnamon twists from Taco Bell... Light and crisp and delicious.

Sensible Portions Cinnamon Apple Straws:
Serving size 1 oz ~ 38 straws
Total Carbs ~ 16g
Dietary Fiber ~ 2g
Sugars ~ 2g

I buy them at my local grocery, but I see they are also available online. The manufacturer's price is better than Amazon. I can't post links yet, but they are at SensiblePortions . com :cloud9:

Raw is mike 08-20-2011 11:42 PM

Hi all!! I'm new at this whole message board thing but I thought I'd give this a try....

I'm a 26 year old guy from Massachusetts and I have struggled with weight my whole life. A good friend of mine started this diet a few weeks ago and has had some success thus far so I figured I'd give it a go.

I was doing so research online and stumbled upon this message board, you all seem so supportive I figured I'd get involved...

I plan on starting the plan on Monday and thats when I will have my initial weigh in, fingers crossed that I am as successful as you guys have been!

fitchy 08-21-2011 12:15 AM

:welcome2: I'm fairly new at this, too, so we can journey together! :D

WebWoman 08-21-2011 07:22 PM

Welcome Raw is Mike! (and I won't even ask about the name ;-)

I think the key to getting started with the BFC is to keep the sugar intake to 15G a day and cut out all of the substitute sweeteners because in addition to increasing cravings for sugar and carbs, they also are toxic to our system.

That's the hardest part, as if you can cut them way down, you won't be tempted with the late night cravings for sweets, pizza, chips and the like. You will have to be willing to change from your normal eating habits to a new norm, or it will not work. Don't automatically think that anything from Subways is good for you - check the sugar and carb numbers, and you'll realize the bread puts you over the allowable limit. You CAN have Subways as a salad, and it will suffice for a meal and you won't be starving. :)

I'm not able to see how much you weigh or what your goal is, but moderate exercise is very beneficial to me although it's not mandated in the book. It makes me feel more positive about EVERYTHING in my life, so while the weather is still nice, I intend to get out and walk for at least 15 minutes every day.

Good luck, and please post back with your both you progress and your challenges. Keep in mind that it took many years to put on the weight, and it will take a long time to lose the weight as well.

Joislpd264 08-22-2011 06:18 PM

I found Clemmy's at Publix! Chocolate and Vanilla Bean! WooooHoooooo!

BCL216 08-23-2011 11:09 AM

Invatation to all Belly Fat Cure 2011

Good Morning,
All of your friends from "One Week Challenge and Beyond" Would like to invite all of you to join us:

Starting September 1st a new challenge will start called “Five Pounds to Lose....?”
"Five Pounds to lose…..”Anybody can lose five pounds….Right! I myself have done it nearly a twenty times in the past fifteen years. Losing five pounds is a sensible and achievable goal, if you did it once you can do it again. Members will receive a prize with every five pounds lost, a five pound sticker to put on your post for recognition and reward. This challenge is designed to change your mind set of looking a big number in pounds and seeing it impossible, to thinking of it as 5lbs. at time. Now your minds says that’s achievable. Rewarded yourself appropriately at each success and you only have five pounds to go until your next goal is achieved. This will be fun and we all can do five pounds, please join us. There is nothing like a healthy fun challenge between friends.

“Success comes to those who try and keep trying with PMA, a POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE”

1st. 5lbs.::carrot: 2nd. 5lbs.::flow1: 3rd.::woohoo:

4th.:df: 5th.:bravo: "Goal Met"-:cheer3::congrat::cheer3:

kkrathi 08-23-2011 09:07 PM

Question on the 15 g sugar level - how about 25 to 30 g?

I have found it pretty hard to keep the 15g sugar level especially because I travel a lot on business. I cannot take any food bars no matter how raw or organic they are as a quick snack because most of them have 15g or more sugar in just one single bar.

My question is simple - has anyone experienced weight loss if you go above 15 g but still keep it relatively modest such as 25-30 g sugar or less? Even if you have not done so, what do you think of my plan of this modified diet? Granted, I may not lose weight as significantly but will I still lose some weight and is it just a matter of taking more time? Or will I continue t gain weight because I have violated the holy grail threshold of 15 g?

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated!

ERHR 08-23-2011 10:11 PM

I bet you will still lose weight. Even 30 g of sugar is a lot less than what you were eating before in all likelihood. I think you could combine your higher threshold with other strategies for keeping insulin from spiking, like if you usually eat your sugar along with fiber (such as in fruit) - anything to slow the glucose's transition into your bloodstream. Also, I think the 5 g sugar/meal and 40 g carbs/meal maximums are probably effective in themselves, so you could move to the multiple small meals a day model to spread out your sugar and carbs.

BCL216 08-23-2011 10:20 PM

Hi kkrathi Welcome, I know its hard to keep sugar at the 15 grams, but if at all possible stay within that range. Its designed to help stabilize your insulin levels. If insulin goes up, fat is stored to put it simply. I have lost weight even when I ate 20 to 35 grams of sugar. Not Much! But before I started the BFC plan, I was eating probably 400g or more in a day:eek: So very unhealthy. But to get best results stick with the 15g. Much Luck!

BCL216 08-23-2011 10:21 PM

ERHR, great advise.

lucia12141 08-26-2011 12:51 PM

well good afternoon girls . well had to go to the doctor to get some paperwork filled out so they weight me 238.5 yes 8 pounds . yay on to the next month for me 3 months on a lifestyle change and no cheating at all . so proud of me