3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Other Reduced Carb Diets (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets-227/)
-   -   Belly Fat Cure 2011 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets/233809-belly-fat-cure-2011-1-a.html)

BCL216 10-19-2012 04:03 PM

mom23kids1
Welcome to BFC, its great and you will love it. Please feel free to join me on BFC One-week Challenge and BeyondII.

I returned to BFC last week and I too lost 4lbs.
It has been quiet there for the last couple of weeks.
But it really would be nice to have some NEWBIES.

We can help each other and I am sure there will be other joining in. Welcome and good Luck!

Izzy

mom23kids1 10-19-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCL216 (Post 4502930)
mom23kids1
Welcome to BFC, its great and you will love it. Please feel free to join me on BFC One-week Challenge and BeyondII.

I returned to BFC last week and I too lost 4lbs.
It has been quiet there for the last couple of weeks.
But it really would be nice to have some NEWBIES.

We can help each other and I am sure there will be other joining in. Welcome and good Luck!

Izzy

Yay, I'm glad others are doing this! I'll check out the other thread :)

Zumbachica 10-28-2012 04:07 PM

I'm a newbie and will gladly jump on board!!

BCL216 10-28-2012 04:11 PM

welcome Zumbachic

you will find everyone here very helpful & glad to have you.

Izzy

loriab 11-05-2012 03:57 PM

Hi

Today is my first day of trying the BFC. I am so happy to find this forum. I am excited to read tricks and hints from those of you who are more experienced.
:carrot:

ladyrider72472 11-12-2012 07:29 PM

I am starting the BFC tomorrow, but I am doing the "fast track" version.... just to help jump start. Any ideas are welcome.

Tammy

Zumbachica 11-19-2012 04:09 PM

Starting BFC again.......

I did BFC and it really did help. I fell off the wagon this past summer, way too many dinners out, parties and a decadent lifestyle so I packed on the lbs. again. Am planning on starting it again the day after Thanksgiving. Does anyone want to do a challenge with me? BFC frm Thanksgiving to Christmas.......

:?:

danic 03-18-2013 08:40 PM

i am on day 2 no splenda...hard!

seashore 03-19-2013 06:50 AM

Hi, another newbie. Just started today after having the book for over 6 months!! Have a lot to loose and hopefully this is it. Would love to be so much lighter for the summer. Have almost 60lbs to loose to be at my goal weight!!

Breakfast was 2 slices of low cal wholemeal bread which comes in at 1/1, topped with some cheese and chicken.

h82bfat 08-19-2013 06:41 PM

I'm a Newbie! Would love some buddies!

I've been on BFCD Fast Track for 2 weeks and lost 10 pounds. I really like the diet! It's the only one my husband has ever done with me and liked too. He lost 8. He has much less to lose. I've got 43 pounds to go, and I've lost a total of 15 (5 before BFCD). I need to stick with this for health reasons. I'm an "older mom" and I want to be around a long time for my baby girl (now 11), and genetics aren't exactly on my side. My lifestyle has to change. I have to start moving more. Exercise is my next thing to add and I know, for me, it will be important. Too bad I've never looked forward to it!

Check out recipes on Pinterest and the BFCD Facebook pages too if you haven't already.

Best of luck everyone!

h82bfat 08-19-2013 06:53 PM

You are my hero!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WldHrtsCntBbroke (Post 4202276)
I don't have a blog but I'll tell you a little about my story... I just had my 3rd baby in June and after I lost the baby weight I was 265 =( I was suffering with suspected baby blues so I went to the doc and she told me she wanted me to start walking 30 minutes everyday. So I did. I did it b/c of the "high" I'd feel from endorphins. Over the following 2 months I lost about 10 lbs. Then it dawned on me...hey I'm walking I might as well diet too and just take it to the next level. I was so sick of being fat and I sometimes just felt like taking the fat and cutting it off! Wouldn't that be nice if it were that simple! Anyways one day I went to the library and found the Belly Fat Cure book and read it and thought it might work. And then over the next week I lost like 5-6 lbs and it just kept coming off for the next couple of months. Some weeks I'd only loose 2 lbs. or something but then with winter I stopped walking as much but then after christmas I joined a zumba class and have been walking again, but can't figure out why I can't get past this plateau. Sometimes what happens I notice is that I'll drop 2 lbs and then it goes back up not as high but slightly and then it'll come back down...it's like 2 steps forward and 1 step back...so annoying! Anyways I do notice I'm way more constipated on this diet (sorry if tmi) so I'm guessing maybe I'm not drinking enough water and then I just read that taking a probiotic helps when your sluggish...so I'm gonna try those things and hopefully it'll work. I just recently hit one of my major weight loss goals and that was to break 200 and I did I actually saw a 197 on the scale, but it's since gone up teetering between 198 and 200. I haven't seen the 100's on my scale since I was in highschool!! Anyways I still have a way to go. I still have about 50 more lbs to go! Hopefully by my year mark I will accomplish this goal!

What a great story. You must be proud of yourself! I've got about 43-50 pounds left to lose if you want to keep in touch! Just did the BFCD Fast Track 2 weeks and I am trying to continue with it.

I actually drink "Smooth Move" hot tea at night with my dark chocolate. I started the Smooth Move tea when my husband had constipation complaints. No more complaints! I like the chocolate flavor best (even though it does not taste like chocolate - more nutty), but the regular flavor is ok too, as long as I have the dark chocolate to go with it.

Way to go!

h82bfat 08-19-2013 07:00 PM

Please send any BFC threads, blogs, etc.. to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCL216 (Post 4263270)
Hello,
The book is great, but it may be easier for you on website. Its a matter of what you feel more comfortable with. There are lots of help here and a couple more BFC threads you can checkout for help as well. Everyone will be more than happy to help.
Good Luck
Izzy

Can you send me the other BFC threads that you know about? I need all the help I can get! Would you need my email or is there a way to send a private message? I'm assuming we can't put them in a general reply.

Thanks!

h82bfat 08-19-2013 07:14 PM

I did the Fast Track menu most of the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patascoob (Post 4373370)
Hi-I'm just starting BFC. I read the book and am wondering if there is anywhere on here that shows what everyone is eating? I want to start a week with really simple meals. The book has fairly simple meals, but it's nice to know what others are eating that is quick.

I followed the Fast Track meals most of the time with a little swapping out, but if you don't have the book that's not a lot of help.

The usuals

Breakfast:
Lots of scrambled eggs and bacon with a little cheese over the eggs in the am, goat cheese and mushroom omelets for husband, cottage cheese with truvia, walnuts and a little cocoa powder

Lunch:
Lean hamburgers wrapped in lettuce with avacado
Grilled chicken over spinach salad with chopped up colorful sweet peppers

Dinner:
Lean strip steak once a week - Husband HAS to have steak
Fish - Grilled salmon so far, made 1 time a week, but reheated really well in a steamer so we got 2 dinners out of it
Chicken breasts roasted in the oven with zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms all in 1 dish - I get leftovers from this too - It's a Jorge Recipe
Turkey breast smoked on the Big Green Egg with asparagus and zucchini

Tonight we are having left over turkey with steamed green beans and maybe a small spinach salad with Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar and Olive Oil Dressing.

Every night we have the 86% Dark Chocolate and hot Herbal Tea or Green Tea.

Snacks - 1/4 cup of almonds,1 serving of no sugar ham and turkey deli meat, cucumber slices (need something good to dip them in though)

Anyone else have usuals/standbys that you go to a lot on this diet?

BCL216 08-19-2013 09:01 PM

The belly fat cure and beyond is another thread and you can go directly to belly fat cure website
Good Luck

h82bfat 08-31-2013 11:15 AM

I can't find it. Can you tell me how to get to Belly Fat Cure & Beyond thread?
Thanks!