Old 05-08-2006, 01:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/192/145

Height: 5'6"

Default The inevitable consequences of veggies

I love veggies. I am never without a veg of some sort (carrot, broccoli, pea, pepper, you name it), but I really need some help dealing with the....um....unpleasant side effects.

Ya see, I'm prone to having gas and the veggies make it worse, and the gas is kind of getting to me. I actually had to leave a party on Saturday night because the pressure and possibility of a public poot were too much. Does anyone have any suggestions for additives or supplements that might take care of this? I do take Gas-x when it gets too bad, but I'd prefer something a bit more natural.

Poot poot!
harrypotterybarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/238/150

Height: 5'3

I wish I had an answer for you because I have the same problem! I've been eating more broccoli which I love and grilled veggie sandwhiches. A couple of nights last week I apologized to my husband in advance for what he might hear and smell while I'm sleep.
natascharenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:00 AM   #3  
I restore Teeth.

wow, the two of you arent like me at all! I only want to eat veggies and I do but increasing veggies actually decreasing flatulence, for me!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:49 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielover
wow, the two of you arent like me at all! I only want to eat veggies and I do but increasing veggies actually decreasing flatulence, for me!
I always figured it was a temporary thing and eventually it would stop, but it's going on several years here, so I think it's just me
Old 05-08-2006, 01:01 PM   #5  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Charcoal capsules work well for some people. Here is an interesting article on the subject: http://www.aboutibs.org/Publications/gas.html
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Bean-o
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:39 PM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I'm with veggielover, I have less problems with gas than I ever did before. My sister, however, sounds like a bullfrog. I went fishing with her a couple weeks ago and had never heard or smelled someone have that much gas before.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:31 PM   #8  

It's awful, I'm tellin' ya! Must be a body chemistry thing. At least I'm not really a lady-like lady so I can get away with the occasional "excuse me" moment.

But at night, man it gets bad with the two of us. There are times when we put the dog to shame.

Of course, the pooting is nothing compared to the pressure. That's the real issue. I think I'll be picking up some charcoal and Beano Thanks for the suggestions, guys.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:18 AM   #9  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_S
Bean-o
That's what I was going to suggest

I won't name names, lol, but one of my sisters has a teenage son who apparently has a gas problem. Mom gave him a little bean-o and he said it worked! So if it cures a gassy teenage boy, then maybe it will help you, too

Lilybelle I sure hope your sister isn't a member
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

LOL...The veggies must be my problem! My husband has been asking me what's wrong with me...lol. He is thoroughly disgusted when a woman releases gas...lol....I've been brought to tears lately laughing at him because he acts like I killed someone when I do it.

Him on the other hand...let's just say I actually followed him with a can of air freshener to prove my point last week! I'm gonna have to sneak some Bean-o in on him. I tell him he's rotting from the inside out...lol. He's not allowed to eat Chimichanga's anymore!

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:49 PM   #11  

Default laughing hysterically....

I am practically in tears over this thread. Although I have no answers, I can totally relate - I have come to deal with this as a fact of life for me - I also love veggies and almost constantly have a stomach ache. At least we're a little healthier, right??

Unfortunately, I am in the same boat with the bullfrog...
KellyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:58 PM   #12  

Anyone for starting a "Ladies Who Poot" club
Old 05-09-2006, 10:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

LMAO...good club! Have y'all seen the Blue Collar Comedy Tour? Ya know Larry the Cableguy's standup part...where he's talkin about his grandma havin the walkin poots....If you haven't seen it you GOTTA at least see that part! Not that all of it isn't great...hehe.

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote