Old 02-17-2006, 10:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/178/135

Default Warm water alternatives?

I need to drink more water, but now that it's winter, it makes me too cold. I'm also drinking herbal and green tea. Any other ideas for getting enough water without getting chills?
Kim R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:40 AM   #2  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Are you drinking cold water? I can't drink it cold. Instead, I drink it room temperature and that way I can generally get 3 24-oz bottles in a day. If it were cold, say out of the tap or fridge, I doubt I could get in 1 24-oz bottle's worth.

The jury's still out on how much actual water one should consume daily, anyway (as opposed to getting moisture in other forms, like vegetables). There are articles all over the net (google or yahoo will turn up pages worth), as well as a discussion here on 3FC.

I try to get in the 3 bottles (and I have been successful since Jan 1) but I'm not going to beat myself up if I miss a day.
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/178/135

Yes, I drink cold water. I haven't tried room temperature, but I will. (Just a mind-set thing, I guess.)

I'm definitely not drinking too much water - maybe a 8-oz glass with each meal and a 12-16 oz. glass between meals. The air is really dry here in the winter, so it's important.
Kim R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:34 PM   #4  
FiferJanis

S/C/G: 237.5/237.5/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Room Temp. Water

I definitely drink room-temperature water. Also, while working out, if I drink cold water, it gives me stomach-cramps.

--Janis
busker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Easy ways to get your water in: mix it with sugar free juices like Crystal light, herbal teas and green teas. Fat free sugar free hot chocolate. A few drops of lime and some sweetener, goes well with mint too. or plain room temp water!
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Default Broth

Low sodium chicken or beef broth is a great way to get some water inside you that will also warm you up - great for winter.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 03:43 PM   #7  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

I've always drunk roomtemp to hot water. I often use the carafe part of the coffee maker (10Cups) and steep half a lemon with hot water. You can also slice of an orange or a bit of ginger root for a more spiceier taste. Herbal teas (caffeinne free) are great also, currently I have boxes of very berry, perfect peach, mint and black cherry. I don't drink any soda, so I need to vary my drinks.
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:35 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8.5"

Try hot water with fresh lemon or lime! It's great!! Wow, angel-eyes I never thought about steeping it that way! But doesn't it make the next pot of coffee taste like lemon?

As you also said, I add slices of fresh orange to teas such as Earl Grey or lemon tea. Really perks it up!

Dance
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote