Old 09-20-2007, 09:40 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10

Default Is having a peanut butter obsession healthy?

Because I seriously have one! I'm not kidding. if i go without peanut butter for ONE DAY, I feel so off, and like not normal. I have to have my peanut butter. I heard peanut butter can be healthy and I USUALLY have it in a sensible amount (except when im stressed then I will eat like 2-3 servings LOL) but I'm thinking I should cut it off cold turkey for a while

Its like, as SOON as I get home from school, i reach for the jar, spread it on whole wheat toast, and indulge. My body just feels so calm after words. I've been obsessed with peanut butter from when i was a baby! I use to eat it with my chocolate milk and I LOVE to dip it in my coffee, my milk with sugar heated up in the microwave (THE BEST, makes me feel all warm inside), hot chocolate on a cold night. omg i don't know what i would do without it

I love all types of peanut butter, jifs, all natural healthy stuff too, i like the bad ones like peter pan, etc. I like smuckers too but its just not the same

I use to love reeses pieces years ago but I cut those out and lost some pounds due to it. Can you believe those have 250 calories per serving?!

But is this hindering me from losing weight? Is this problem unhealthy?

I'm like really serious. ha ha but i heard peanut butter is good for your skin and mine is perfect.

Last edited by sweetlovin; 09-20-2007 at 09:41 PM.
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #2  

bump
Old 09-20-2007, 09:56 PM   #3  

I love peanut butter too, and I don't think it is healthy to cut it out cold turkey. Peanut butter IS good for you, but high in fat and calories. Good fat, but still. Don't deprive yourself of it, and have it in moderate amounts. I eat no more than 2 tbs every couple of days. I would stick to the healthier all natural peanut butters though, they are the best. My favorite is Smuckers Natural peanut butter. Sooooo good.
angela095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I have a peanut butter obsession too; recently bought four bottles of flavored pb (cinnamon raisin, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and banana) and am working on getting rid of them (the peanut butter and white chocolate is sooooo good). It hasn't hurt my weight loss any, although I do make a point of only having 1 tablespoon per day. I'm a calorie counter, so I just add it into my plan
Katheryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:29 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

OMG - I can SO relate. I don't eat it anymore - but I sniff the jar daily.
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I don't eat it anymore either but used to eat it daily for breakfast. However if I were 100lb lighter than I am at the moment I would think a small amount everyday would be acceptable and healthy.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:37 AM   #7  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I love it too . . . and think it is a perfectly fine food, so long as you practice sensible portion control . . . unfortunately that is not something I seem able to do; I tend to eat it by the 1/2 cup-full rather than the tablespoon-full -- so I simply cannot keep it in the house.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Me, too, although I don't bother with toast . I eat it right out of the jar with a spoon. I usually don't keep it on hand for that reason, tho sumetimes a jar mysteriously appears in my refrigerator.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:30 AM   #9  
LLV

I just lick the knife when I make my son's PB&J's LOL
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #10  
Mel

It's becoming like crack for me. Organic natural peanut butter is my current drug of choice and is definitely impacting my weight I thought a jar was a handy portion pack! (joke, but I am in peanut butter trouble!)

I'm thinking of going cold turkey.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:09 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
It's becoming like crack for me. Organic natural peanut butter is my current drug of choice and is definitely impacting my weight I thought a jar was a handy portion pack! (joke, but I am in peanut butter trouble!)

I'm thinking of going cold turkey.

Mel
seriously, just like with any drug, u cant just have a little anymore
Old 09-23-2007, 09:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I always find myself seriously craving peanut butter wheb my daily calorie intake is low. It makes sense, it is the perfect food for a hungry body to crave, healthy fat + high calories for energy the body needs.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:02 PM   #13  

Count me in. Except my obsession is almond butter. I'm surprisingly able to limit it to 1 to 1 1/2 standard servings a day, so I'm not worried about it. If there's a food to "fantasize" about (LOL), then for me, it would be nut butter.....
I really wish I could buy nut butter in handy single serving packets. I guess they have the icky hydrogenated ones in single servings (I've seen them in restaurants), but I want the natural stuff....

Last edited by lipidful; 09-26-2007 at 02:04 PM.
lipidful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:44 PM   #14  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

I have never eaten as much peanut butter or craved it as much as I have since starting my plan. I usually stick to 1 tablespoon on a banana. I usually have this 2-3 times a week. The other days I have a piece of toast or 2 with 1T of PB and 1T smuckers sugar free blackberry jam{fantastic by the way}. It is weird that I actually crave the PB, even peanuts in general. I count calories as well so I just allow for the added calories.
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #15  
banned

I think Peanut butter is ok for you to have in your diet... but an excessive amount of anything is bad for you...
crunchy88 is offline   Reply With Quote