Old 07-31-2007, 10:26 PM   #1  
mathlab

S/C/G: 224/163/145

Height: 5'3"

Default WOW! Make sure to read your labels!

I've been on a plateau for a few weeks and couldn't figure out why. It turns out that I inadvertently bought some bottles of non-diet white tea and have been drinking two of these a day - that's 5 extra (unaccounted for) WW points a day, times about 5 days - 25 weekly points down the drain.

Needless to say, I've dumped the remaining bottles down the drain!

Lesson learned: always double-check the nutritional info on your food labels!
bethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Didn't they taste sweet?
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #3  
LLV

I don't eat or drink anything without checking the labels first. In fact I don't BUY anything without checking the labels first.

LOL
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV View Post
I don't eat or drink anything without checking the labels first. In fact I don't BUY anything without checking the labels first.
I wouldn't dream of it either. Not for a second.

Bethel, you live and you learn. I'm pretty sure you'll never make that kind of error again.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #5  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Oh! I did that with some prepared chicken salad I was buying at Costco and I DID read the label (I thought I read it correctly ). I was eating it for months! I don't know what ever made me go back and read the label again (but when I did it kind of took my breath away!). It was soooo good

JANE
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:01 PM   #6  

So true about the labels--especially w/prepared deli salads. When I've had major cravings for seafood salad and potato salad, I see the 33 gm fat/serving on the label and know I can treat myself better (for example, make it at home w/ff mayo and ff yogurt).

The way they count multiple servings in just 1 small bag (example: pretzels) is also designed to be tricky.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #7  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Elana, you are so right. I recently realized that a small bag of Combos was over 980 calories total (if you ate the entire bag)!!! Now this had been my favorite snack for years, and I thought I was doing good since it said 140 calories......it didn't dawn on me to read it a little more carefully where it said....per serving....and when I finished doing my calculations...that's when I realized it was 980 calories total...I could so kick myself for taking it at face value. Just another one of those DUH moments where you live and learn....
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ramen noodles used to be a staple for me until I read the label that said half a package supplied 48% of your RDA for sodium! I think the calories were 190 for just half the package too.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

i did this too w/the new Lipton green tea in bottles. Green tea, healthy, diet fare, right? And being green tea, no, it didn't taste that great - lol!! Certainly not like your iced tea. But yes, sweetened with sugar. Bought like a 12 case too, and yep, the rest went down the drain even before dh could drink em.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote