Not eating enough?

• So, I'm struggling a little bit only 3 weeks into Momentum.

When I have a day where I'm feeling a little extra hungry, I'll double track on Sparkpeople to make sure I'm getting enough nutrients. Eating my points target, I'm still barely eating 1,200 calories a day. No wonder I'm so hungry (even eating a TON of filling foods).

The problem is, I'm about 2 pounds from dropping a point. How am I supposed to eat enough calories when that happens? I'm already eating a LOT of zero point foods, and I dip into my weeklies on occasion. Not every single day, but I have no problem with using them.

What's going on? How am I not going to go into starvation mode if I'm not eating enough calories?
  • Quote: So, I'm struggling a little bit only 3 weeks into Momentum.

When I have a day where I'm feeling a little extra hungry, I'll double track on Sparkpeople to make sure I'm getting enough nutrients. Eating my points target, I'm still barely eating 1,200 calories a day. No wonder I'm so hungry (even eating a TON of filling foods).

The problem is, I'm about 2 pounds from dropping a point. How am I supposed to eat enough calories when that happens? I'm already eating a LOT of zero point foods, and I dip into my weeklies on occasion. Not every single day, but I have no problem with using them.
    The weeklies are optional, but they are there to be used. If you're hungry, then by all means use your weekly points. They're your points to do with as you'd like. Maybe you'd like to space them out more regularly.

I'm not sure how you're having trouble getting in 1,200 calories. Are you down at 18 points already? You might want to consider posting a detailed account of your weekly food intake, along with Points and Calories to see how they're adding up.

The option is open to you that when you drop two more pounds that you NOT reduce your points. If you keep your points the same, and continue losing weight then there's no problem.

Quote:
    How am I not going to go into starvation mode if I'm not eating enough calories?
    This is a fairly common dieting myth. Starvation mode does not exist. Don't worry about it.
  • I was concerned also about that. Some days I don't even get 1200 calories (I am allowed 20 pts) but I drink LOTS of water to keep me full. Keep track and I agree...post your food journal and we may be able to help.