Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #16  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Zan - being without internet is a terrible thing! I felt disconnected to the world when our computer shot craps last summer. Seems like it is the only way I communicate with friends and distant relatives anymore.

Doing the WW without the computer will be harder, but you can do it. It sounds like you've got all the tools. Seafood sounds good for once. YUM! Crab legs! The bad thing is the butter...evil butter! Since Lent has started every Friday around here there are 100 fish frys. None of it is good for you cause it is deep fried...probably in rendered pig fat for all I know. Going to have to stay away from that as much as possible.

Okay, I weighed in this morning. No change. I only had two Bud Select 55's the whole weekend. What a bummer! And I did my Turbo Jam both Saturday and Sunday! Well, I think I need to take my measurements...maybe that is changing when the scale isn't.

I did have a fabulous time buying some shorts for my upcoming trip to Disney World. Last summer all my shorts were size 18...I bought four pairs of size 12....happy dance!!!! I actually cried in the dressing room a little. I haven't worn a size 12 since before I met my husband back when I was in my mid twenties. TAKE THAT YOU STUPID FAT CELLS!!!!

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.....Have a great day!

Last edited by boatingmommy; 02-22-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #17  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Yeah, with me it's portion size when it comes to meat. I could eat quite a few legs myself and never really wanted that butter.

It hasn't really been that hard so far, either I have the Nutrition Information so I can use my slider or I already know the measurements and points for the fresh fruit and veggies. I figure that when I get my internet back and after I cancel, I'll be able to google point values for those I don't have information for. But that isn't for a while yet.

I made a chicken soup twice this weekend. Using some of the 'better than boulian' (sp?) in enough water to fill a bowl with some no-salt table seasoning and garlic from the fridge, cut up three ozs of precooked chicken breast and three green onion tube-thingies, and was set. It was pretty good. Far less salt than any soup I ever remember having,

That was a nice way to get my water in when all I had was chlorinated tap water to drink... ew. Give me well water any day! *laughs*
Old 02-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #18  

Yea!!! It's not my weigh in day, but jumped on the scale this morning and it was down to 154.5!!! Not sure how that happened...I jumped on and off a couple of times to make sure that I wasn't hallucinating. But the number was still there.
Going to eat a bunch of fruits and veggies today...blew my points on a homemade blueberry (real berries) waffle this morning. Made them for my kiddo and stupid me thought I'd have one...should have checked the points before eating or I would have flung the fork away from me!

Everyone have a great day!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #19  
Warning 3FC Addict

Congrats, Boatingmommy! That's awesome!

Yeah, I know what you mean about the waffle, sometimes it just is a huge shock to find out what the point value of what you just ate was. But then, I do the same and pick up some extra zero pt veggies for the day and keep moving. Weekly points help out too for that. A waffle every once in a long while won't kill you, you're doing great!
Old 02-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #20  

Okie Dokie! It's finally Friday. Working from home today, trying to catch up on the end of the month paperwork. Had me a chicken salad wrap..very low fat and yummy! Washed it down with a 100 cal. chocolate teddy graham package...needed me some chocolate.

I drug out the swimsuit that I have been holding hostage for the past several years. I bought it about 5 years ago when I SAID I was going to lose the weight....what I DID was nothing. The suit is still in style...and it fits!!! With the exception of my thundering thighs I think I would feel comfortable wearing it. I really wish I could be placed on a rack (you know...the torturing kind) and stretched...just about 3-4 inches. Then I'd be smoking hot...hahaha! Okay, maybe not, but I think things would be much more proportionate. I've got to get those thighs slimmed down...they look like sausage casing with cottage cheese stuffing. Okay...Still making progress...Rome wasn't built in a day.

Happy Friday ladies!
Old 02-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #21  
Warning 3FC Addict

I bet that moment had to be the best when you first slipped that sucker on!

I think I'll stick to my tank swim top and boy's board shorts for a while, myself. Then again, I was never comfortable in a ladies suit.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #22  

You know I was just thinking...I need two signatures on this site. When I first started losing weight after the birth of my daughter I weighed 246 at her 6 weeks check-up. My highest weight. I managed to lose the first 60 pounds when she was about 4 years old, but stayed in the 180s, give or take ten pounds for the next 6 1/2 years. So, here I am again. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #23  
Tex
Time to do this.

S/C/G: 452/362/175

Height: 5'7"

I love that I'm really looking forward to my meeting tomorrow. Last week was my second meeting and I had lost 4 lbs. I know it's a bit unreasonable, but I was hoping/expecting more. I was a tad disappointed until I thought about how much that really was. I'm hoping for more good news tomorrow, but because I don't feel like I'm deprived at all, I keep expecting that I'm going to actually gain weight - it's an odd psychological thing. Did any of you guys have that problem?
Old 03-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #24  
Warning 3FC Addict

You could always throw another one in your sig, Boatingmommy, if it encourages you to keep on! Awesome work by the way, I couldn't imagine it with a youngin'.

Tex, I think the same way. I always equate the loss to that much butter or crisco... ew. That thought makes me keep working hard. Congrats on the 4lb loss!

I thought I'd gain my first week because of how much food I was eating (eating healthy, but still eating when I usually went without), but I lost as well. I think that feeling will settle down as you go through the next month. Okay?

I am really slacking when it comes to signing up at that gym. I keep blaming it on many things, but it's just pure laziness. I rather be gaming or reading than driving out there. I know once I get through the doors, it'll be easy, but it's that stupid drive. *facepalm*
Old 03-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 236/224/180ish?

Height: 5'10"

I totally suck at keeping up with this forum. I've been really busy with work, college, and family drama. The good news is I currently have two WW buddies! (My brother and sister.) I'm also down about 10 lbs now.

zanheltangia I know how you feel about the gym. But the drive isn't my excuse, I have one like 5 minutes around the corner from my house. lol
Old 03-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #26  
Warning 3FC Addict

Ha! Guess what. I passed said gym on the way home after an even longer trip. I told myself that I didn't want my WW ice cream to melt. What a laugh! *smacks head about six or seven times*

Congrats on those 10lbs! And you've converted family or is that corrupted? Awesome job!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #27  
Tex
Time to do this.

S/C/G: 452/362/175

Height: 5'7"

Another 1.6 lbs gone (forever). I had a crazy week, so I was happy for the loss. I never went over my points, but I did eat out twice during the week (Mexican and Vietnamese) and felt a little guilty even though I was still within my allowed points. While at my meeting on Saturday I purchased a pedometer and the WW walk at home DVD, so I'm going to start adding more exercise to my routine. I have to say, I am really loving Weight Watchers so far and I don't think I can say that about any other program I've ever tried.

Now can it just warm up already so I can use the pool???
Old 03-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #28  
Warning 3FC Addict

Congrats on that 1.6!

I was just thinking that myself with regards to our local beaches. *sigh*
But seeing as I fry so well in the sun, I usually go out in a colored T-Shirt with my men's board shorts or loose pants. I love to splash but not to burn

Old 03-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #29  
fake it till you make it!

S/C/G: 128/ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Help! I am new to weight watchers as of January, not in "officially", bought the kit from e-bay. I was sticking to 19 points, the amount I had figured out for my weight and height, and I did lose about 7 pounds in about 6 weeks. Then all of the sudden, I gained 4 pounds. I did absolutely nothing different except exercising for 15 to 30 minutes more a night, for a total of 60 to 90 minutes. I did not eat the 35 weekly points, or the activity points. I am so discouraged. Someone suggested that I was not eating enough to support my activity level. I have added 5 more points to my day this week but I am so incredibly scared that I am going to gain a bunch of weight. I would appreciate any guidance/advice you all might be able to give me. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:07 AM   #30  
Warning 3FC Addict

Do try eatting some of those weekly points, it's trial and error at first, but don't freak out! You can do this.

Oh, and make sure you are getting those healthy guidelines in and drinking all your water.

Last edited by zanheltangia; 03-03-2010 at 07:08 AM.
Closed Thread