Old 11-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/238/160

Exclamation I Almost lost it, Rice Crispy treat!!

YEs I did!! I eat a rice crispy treat last night thinking it was 2. OMG when I did the points counter online (I don't have a counter of my own) of course after I ate it, it was 6, SIX. I had to go into my flex points. I thought I would die. This is my first week on Flex and I'm already screwing up!! The scales say I have gained a pound in the last three days. I knew I would probably gain back some because I am going from the low carb to flex. But I can't continue to screw up in the first few weeks because I'll get discouraged. Tell Me that others have done this ,and how much will it hurt me in the scales department.
Lasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

How much will 4 points into your Flex Points cost you? Not a whole lot.

How much will stressing over 4 points, thinking you blew it, and giving up for the week cost you? Way more than eating that rice krispie treat!

Like you said, you may be in for a gain initially coming off low-carb. Don't sweat it. Give the plan an honest, fair chance to work - more than a week or two. Stay off the scales in the interim! You aren't doing yourself any favors by checking up on your weight day to day right now.

Think of this as a learning experience. What did you learn? To look up the points of a food *before* it makes its way into your mouth! Knowledge is power!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/238/160

Yeah your right NO more food in mouth "Before " I count them!! I like this plan but worked really, really hard for the 15 lbs. I did lose. Scared to go backwards because I am weak,weak, weak! I'm only 5'2 so that should tell you how round I am. (HAHA) Going or gone thru menapause. Which makes it really hard to lose in the first place. I'm not going to give up, but scared of failing.
Lasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:39 PM   #4  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Lasha, I find that planning the bulk of my food for the day before the day helps including snacks that way I have a rough idea what I am likely to eat. that does not mean I don't substitute a food once I have written it down. I also keep a list of foods with equal point value that I can reference in case I want to switch out. That way when I am tempted to eat before I peek at the count. I usually am pretty good about avoiding the unknown
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/158/140

Height: 5'7"

Lasha - Take it easy on yourself! Changing our lifestyles is a big enough challenge without kicking our own behinds when we are less than perfect!!! Those extra 35 points are there to be used and if you think about it, you really only miscalculated by 2 points....

I've only been doing WW for about 2 1/2 weeks now and it has required a shift in my routine and habits. Eating used to be quick and simple before (oh yeah, and unhealthy)... now I have to think ahead about my day and what I'm going to choose. I've also learned that I'm too new at this to estimate points and THEN pop it in my mouth (I tripped a few times on that one before I learned my lesson). On the bright side I hear that as things become more habit that I'll be better able to estimate....

I guess the message I want you to hear the loudest is that you don't have to be perfect and one mistake doesn't mean everything is blown.... We know we are going to have our ups and downs and that we need to mentally prepare ourselves for when it happens so that we can be supportive rather than ashamed and kicking our own *&%.... You can do this!!!! We can do this!!!!
Shrinking Shrink is offline   Reply With Quote