Old 08-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #1  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Full of fail

That's what I am for going off the WW flex plan. I just kind of let things go because of having TONS of family in town at different times, going on 2 separate vacations, and then getting ready for my son's first B-day party. So, I went off plan, and I gained 9 pounds. You heard me right. 9 pounds. In less than a month. There goes all my hard work for the last 6 weeks, right down the drain. It makes me depressed. Which makes me want to eat, but I am trying hard to just jump right back in and try to undo the damage I have done. It is just hard not to think about where I would be today had I not screwed up and gone off plan.

Last edited by Jennie527; 08-26-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Jennie527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #2  
carinna

I've always been amazed at how much easier (and faster) it is to put ON the weight, compared to taking it off. And I also have a rough time staying on track when I go on vacation or when there is a lot of stuff going on in my life (as it sounds like with you). But you're doing the right thing. You're stopping before it gets way out of hand, and you're getting right back on the wagon. You can't turn back time, so just try to look forward and forgive yourself.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

You're human! These things happen! This is why weight loss is best thought of as a marathon, not a sprint. It can get discouraging but try your best not to feel down about it. Life is important too, not everything can be put on hold while we lose weight, unfortunately.

On another note, that 9 lbs is not necessarily fat, and a good part of it may whoooosh off after a week of OP eating. And to commiserate: I'm showing a +3 gain since Saturday (that would be three pounds in four days, yessiree), but I am not letting it get to me - just committed to being back OP today and take it one day at a time until it gets easier again.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:29 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

And imagine what would happen if you didn't jump back on right this very instant. How easily 9 pounds could turn into 12... 15.... 18...

As mentioned, some of that is probably water weight and may rush off after a week of being OP.

Also, think "lesson learned" going off plan for many weeks is not a good thing. Next summer, when you may be tempted to do the same, look back and remember.

You can do this! Back to plan!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:22 PM   #5  
Reality Check Bouncer

S/C/G: 168/149/125

If it makes you feel any better, I also just got back from vacation a few days ago, and I even got off track a few days prior to that, due to hectic work schedule and trying to plan/organize/pack, etc. A few more conveinient choices and a week later, I came home to find a +5 pound gain in a week and a half!

Granted, I did try to choose the relatively healthier option when I ate on vacation - like mixing grapes with my favorite cracker, or sugar-free candy, or lactose free cheese - and still, I found myself in the same predicament when I got home. (Like coming home isn't hard enough! )

Don't worry, it all happens to us too. I just decided to take it back, started staying in point, packing lunches to work, and hopping on the exercise bike 30 minutes every night. And a few days since that weigh in, and I'm back down 3-4 pounds already!

You can do it! And please, don't be afraid to live while you're on WW - that's the whole point! I don't regret that slice of cheesecake, or that really good 4 point cider. Either of them.......

Just pick up your bike and ride again! You did it once, you can do it again - 9 pounds will go faster than you think! Think positive, and good luck!

HW 168/CW 149/10% 141/G 125

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
vankate is offline   Reply With Quote