Old 07-02-2008, 01:34 PM   #1  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Default Stop the bus...

Alright... confession time.

I went on vacation to NYC over the last 6-7 days. While I was there, I did not track my meals the way I normally do. Also, I ate foods that I don't normally go near. I ate hot turkey club sandwiches... NY Pizza... and hot dogs (hey, they were the cheapest things I could find). I knew, before I left, that I was going to give myself a little bit of a long leash when it came to food. Hey, it's NYC, and they have fantastic restaurants galore. I wanted to enjoy myself a little bit.

However, also while I was in NY, I did a 5 mile race in Central Park and we walked probably 3-5 miles a day just doing tourist things and wandering all over town. I also did a 17 mile bike ride. I'd hoped that these things would counteract my bad eating. They probably did to a certain extent, but I came back last night and found out that I'm ~4lbs heavier than when I left.

So, by publicly admitting my shortcomings, I'm hoping to be held accountable for turning my good eating/exercising habits back on now that I'm out of the city. I made a decision to give myself a little break to enjoy a few "no-no" habits, and I'm living with the consequences of those decisions. Now it's time to get back on track.

So far today, I've had an english muffin, a bag of pretzels, and a 4point tuna kit for lunch. I'm drinking my water, and I'm heading to the gym at lunch for 30 minutes of running.

OK. Thanks for letting me get that out. I needed to announce this publicly to really start over, I think.
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/215/160

Height: 5'10"

Those four pounds should melt off. More than likely half of the weight gain is water from eating high salt foods (those dirty water dogs are cooked in a salt style brine).

Go back to real world eating and keep your memories of an amazing time had in a wonderful city. I used to live there and eat pizza all the time and my weight was very low because of all the walking. I miss those cardboard thin, big as your head cheese slices.
Kymma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #3  
weight watching

Good idea to "confess" and get back on track. All too often I've let little four-day mistakes be an excuse to start again in August, or after Christmas, or whatever. Glad you had a good time
Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:39 AM   #4  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

Yes, but isn't NY pizza very good?

Anyway, with all the exercise you did (above and beyond the normal turist stuff in this city) I doubt you will see that you've gained actual fat during your vacation.

Did you get the chance to eat at any heathy restaurants/lunch places? For every pizza place and hot dog stand, there are places with make-your-own-organic-salad/sandwich options, etc.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #5  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I knew posting honestly about my mistakes here would get me right back on track.

YES! The pizza in NY was great. I lived in Europe for a while, and this was as close to real Italian pizza I've found this side of the Atlantic.

We did have salad the night before my 5M race, but on the whole, we working on a pretty tight budget, so we didn't go to many "sit-down" restaurants. We tried to eat as cheaply as possible, which led to loads of hot dogs and pizza and deli sandwiches...

Oh well, I'm starting to climb back on the wagon. Hopefully things will continue to improve with my salad for lunch today.
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote