Old 05-19-2008, 04:29 PM   #1  
jessica

S/C/G: 221/204.6/135

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy i think i need to hide my scale.

i think i am a little obsessed with weighing myself. i can't walk by the scale without standing on it. i go pee i weigh myself. i eat i weigh myself. i think it may be a sickness or ocd or something. i do go to meetings and get weighed there. it is making me tired, i am sitting here at work thinking about if i gained a pound throughout this day and wanting to weigh myself.

Last edited by maass1981; 05-19-2008 at 04:30 PM.
maass1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:32 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Bad scale, bad! Tempting Maass into weighing so frequently!

It is time for you to go onto the top shelf of the closet, Scale. For the whole week!

This way Maass can focus on simply eating healthy foods, and feeling better. Perhaps you can come out of the closet after a week or so when Maass is feeling better about not needing to step on you several times a day.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:39 PM   #3  
jessica

faerie - when you put it that way. i need to look to something else for reassurance in myself like my tracker to know that i am making good choices. i will have to have my husband lock it in his big toolbox. it is that bad, but he can lock it up and i won't have to stress. it will probably make me work really hard this week not knowing what my body is doing.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #4  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

maas i do the exact same thing and i find the weeks where i dont obsess i actually succeed in losing weight... i think you just need to kick the habit - it gets easier!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 327/314.5

Height: 5'6

Hi my name is Sandy and I too am obsessed with the scale. I weigh myself morning and night. I am a slave to the scale. I have a lot to lose but am always on it. Grrrrr. I could hide it, but I would just go get it. I put it in the closet, now I just take it out and put it back.
sandys~back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #6  
small goals at a time

S/C/G: 281/276/250 (For now)

Height: 5'10"

I so have had these same issues! I even start to "play games" with the scales. Like I weight myself before an shower and after (with wet hair) Before and after a workout. I got so crazy that I gave my scale to a roomate and she only gives it to me on Wed. It can be really unnerving when the scale starts to rule your day.
chubbypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:20 PM   #7  

Me too!! I've put them in the attic, in the basement, taken out the batteries, had my husband hide them, put them in the garage, etc. I even sent them 150 miles away with my mom so I could weigh myself once a month when I go visit.

I finally had to take them for a walk to the dumpster!! I know when I'm eating right and exercising, so the once a week weigh in at WW will have to do it for me. There is a bit of a withdrawal to it -- I find myself opening the cabinet where they "should be" to weigh myself, but I know it's the right thing to do -- they actually make me eat more.

Good luck and know you are not alone!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:45 PM   #8  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Hide it! Put it away!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:51 AM   #9  
jessica

thanks everyone, at least i am not alone. my husband weighs in at home, so after his weigh in today, he is locking it up for me. i am going to be so nervous all week. oh well, i will just get over it and move on.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Default Over-weighers Anonymous member here, too

Usually I have a pretty healthy relationship with the scale. I weigh myself a lot, but I usually look at it from the "research" or game point of view. But now I'm thinking of putting it away until Friday myself because I've been getting discouraged.

I know I shared how I got off-plan when I went to my parents' house, and I never got back on-plan all of last week, or through the weekend. I knew I had gained a little due to retaining water from traveling and PMS. But I expected by today that I'd see my numbers going down again like usual...but they haven't gone down. I'm hanging right around 200.something again and I'm starting to wonder if I'll EVER get out of the 198 - 204 range. If I could bust through to 197 or 196 and see it continue to go down, I'd be happy.

So I'm thinking of just ignoring the scale until Friday morning. I've been back on-plan so far this week, mostly. I was going to try the quick-start thing since I never did it before. But yesterday I stuck more with my usual points-range...plus a couple flex points. Today, I've been doing alright. I just need to snack on something good before going out to shop, so I don't get off-track.

Trying to focus on getting all my water everything in.

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote