Old 01-02-2008, 12:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 130/123/100

Height: 4' 9"

Default 20 pt menus?

Hi everyone! I'm new to ww!!

Is anyone else only allowed 20 pts? I've been getting by w/ 20 pts and sometimes a few pts leftover or over the 20pts by 1-2. But I'd love ideas for menus on 20pts. I've only been following ww since last Thursday so I'm still very new to it and doing it on my own. I have a friend mailing me an extra set of books she has though

I was looking in the ww magazine and the menu suggestions are for a lot more pts

I'd love some suggestions! Today killed me w/ an unexpected trip to BK, I shouldn't of ordered anything but I did .

I've been having yogurt and fruit for breakfast, or a bagel and fruit, a pita pocket sandwich loaded w/ 0pt veggies and a protein for lunch, and different dinners around 5ish pts and a few snacks, all low pt (popcorn, fruit, ww snacks).
lillisa81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:52 AM   #2  

My breakfast has been
oatmeal(weight control packet)
1/2 cup of blueberries
1teasp of flax
1/2 cup of fat free milk

Depending what time of the morning I eat this it pretty well fills me up till lunch.
Yesterday lunch:
1cup of beef stew
1 english muffin

snack 1 light yogurt

supper
1 ww pizza
1 apple

snack ww fudge bar.

Now this is more like 25 pts but that's what I have to eat right now. Remember you get 35 extra points a week and you could divide them by 7 and add to your points. Some people save them for wk-end, some don't use them at all. Then if you exercise you get to figure that in too. I don't figure anything extra right now except my 25pts, keeps it simple for me.

hope this helps some.
patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

lillisa - I'm curious what your age/height is, that your goal weight is only 98 pounds. Part of our mission here is to lose weight only when needed, and remain healthy while doing it. Please talk to your doctor before continuing, ok?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #4  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I get 23 pts. now but when I get to goal will get around 20, because of being a bit height challenged, but I very rarely manage to stay right at my daily allowance. I aim for 4 activity pts. a day, so that adds pts. Understand that your points allowance is a minimum, you have to get those pts. every day, if you keep going below your metabolism will slow down.

Even though I believe you should go to meetings, I understand that not everyone can do that. You need to go over the materials thoroughly when you get them, especially the healthy eating guidelines. The healthy part is the most important!

I eat sugar free puffed wheat for breakfast, with skim milk, I like it, our leader always says you need to find things to eat that you like, if you just eat it because you're on a diet you will gain your weight back when you go off the "diet".

Best of luck, stay healthy

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-02-2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: spelling
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:24 AM   #5  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I'm not sure when lillisa81 will return but I wanted to jump in for her. She posted on another thread I started--Short Chicks in the Support Forum. She is 4'9". I think that should explain a bit. 98lbs is still a healthy weight range for her height according to the BMI charts. I run into this quite a bit myself bc I am 4'11". I wouldn't feel comfortable aiming for below 100lbs but it is still a healthy weight according to the BMI charts for my height.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:50 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Thanks for the info!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:33 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
lillisa - I'm curious what your age/height is, that your goal weight is only 98 pounds. Part of our mission here is to lose weight only when needed, and remain healthy while doing it. Please talk to your doctor before continuing, ok?
Hi Jane,
Thank you for your concern I'm only 4'9" and that goal is higher than recommended minimum for my height on WW.
I hope I'm welcome here. I have weight to lose and I was just looking to get some support during my journey. I may stop when I get to 105 ish, but I'll wait and see what I feel comfortable with.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:45 AM   #8  

Thank you for all the suggestions! I have been avg about 4 activity pts a day, and those are the pts I have left over. I've always gotten at least 20 pts eaten. All things that I like, nothing that I'm eating just because I'm on a "diet". So far I really like ww I weighed in this am and I'm down 2lbs since I started

likenoother- thank you for explaining my height Like I said in the other post 98 is what I'm aiming for, but when I get to 105ish I may feel like I don't have to lose any more.