Old 01-02-2008, 03:54 PM   #1  

Question new to WW, need some help

Hi All,

I havent been on here for a while because I had a baby a yr ago and have been pretty busy!! But now Im back and Im looking for some advice from all you faithfuls!! At my highest last december I weighed 230...Im now down to 208lbs...yay!! But I need that extra push and since I dont have much exercise time, between a 1 yr old all day and working night shift at night....I decided to try flex weight watchers, which Ive only been on 1 week!!

Questions...lol
Should I be trying to go hard at the working out now? Or strictly see what kind of loss I have on just counting points alone at first? Someone told me that the exercise right now can hurt me because once my body gets used to the points and exercise I wont lose? So I should wait a few weeks then start kicking up exercise??

Also I know I need to read the forums but any good tips?? or good crunchy 1 point snacks?? I'd appreciate any buddies or anyone that wants to keep in touch with the program to help me out??
Thanks Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:04 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

The earlier on you begin exercising, the better off you'll be. But dieting w/o exercise is better than not dieting at all. Do what you can, and increase as time goes on. I didn't exercise nearly enough and now I am so sorry that I didn't since I'm past my prime and my skin has lost it's elasticity. It would be in your best interest to read the Exercise forum here at 3FC for some excellent tips.

My favorite 1 point crunchy snack is celery with lf Laughing Cow cheese. Hopefully many others will share theirs.

Good luck to you, and please post with us often.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Here's the link to the Exercise forum. Hope it helps.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #4  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Jane's right, you should start moving more as soon as you are able. The week 3 booklet is called Move More. It gives you plans from starting out to getting to the level you need to be for maintenance.

Just be careful when starting out not to overdo, you want to incorporate exercise into your daily life, if you hit it too hard at first you won't stick with it or worse might get injured.

Small things you can do to ease in to exercise: park a little further away, take the stairs instead of the elevator, even if it's just for one floor, walk back out to get the mail or paper instead of stopping with the car, start using a bathroom at work that's further away than the one you normally use (I go upstairs to "go"), get up to change channels or turn on or off the tv instead of using the remote. These aren't all my ideas, but some of them are, you'll find things you can do and which will become habits.

Best of luck!! you'll do great!

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-02-2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: spelling
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote