3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Momentum / Flex (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex-222/)
-   -   Flex talk (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex/128603-flex-talk.html)

freedomreins 01-04-2008 09:57 PM

Hello! Don't mean to interrupt the flow of conversation, but thought I would introduce myself! I tried WW in the summer, but only for about 3 weeks, and was really impressed with myself when I lost 4 pounds. I didn't feel like I was starving, and because I knew I could technically have chocolate or a cookie or whatever and just count it into my points, I found I didn't crave them as much! Anyway, I'm back at it, have been for a week now, and am finding it to be far easier than any other diet I've tried (though I have had a few dinners out with friends this week...). I have two aunts, both who have lost weight through WW, so I thought, as a university student who generally gets tempted by pizza and pub food, that I would give it a shot again to prepare for my 20th birthday in April (which I intend to buy a new, awesome dress for!). I've always just been a wee bit chunkier than I would like to be, and I'm going to be realistic with my goal because I think the 10% rule is a good idea, and I would be pretty stoked to lose 17 pounds, which would put me at a healthy body weight for my height and age. Is there anyone else here that is in university and struggling to beat the late-night study munchies and housemates that come home with takeout that somehow makes you want food when you really aren't hungry? :)

Nice to meet you all, and good luck with your goals! From the sliders on a lot of your signatures, I can see many of you are doing fantastic already! Congrats!

lacorso 01-04-2008 09:58 PM

:stress::carrot:Wanted to say hello to everyone out there and give a little hooray for myself for actually sticking to my points today and eating healthy:carrot:
I am so thankful for places like this that give support and motivation...I am going through a huge break up right now, and the stress is sometimes overwhelming..
Happier roads are ahead of me:dance:

kelijpa 01-05-2008 09:07 AM

Hooray for you, Linda! One day at a time!

patd 01-05-2008 10:30 AM

What staying on point this week did for me!

patd:carrot:

suitejudyblueeyes 01-05-2008 06:17 PM

So I went to my first ever meeting today, and I loved it! My leader was really energetic and upbeat and so happy for us to be there. She showed a before photo of herself and the change was amazing! It made me so excited to join and get started on weight loss again seriously. I think the meetings are going to be awesome with keeping me in line.

I was pretty surprised to find out I get 28 points per day... That seems low! I feel like last time I did WW (three years ago) I got 22 or 24... Not that I'm complaining, bring on the points :p There are actually a ton of recipes in the materials we got I'm looking forward to trying.

freedomreins: I'm a little older than you (24), but I can relate to the dangers of college and roommates and such, as I'm still in grad school and was doing WW last time during undergrad. It sure can be challenging to stay on track in a college setting. If you want to find a bunch of other people who are most likely in your same boat (but who aren't necessarily on WW), try the 20-somethings forum here under support forums, those ladies are super helpful and supporting and can totally relate to the college struggle :) Good luck!

dusty57 01-05-2008 09:51 PM

Hey everybody!! I had a very busy Saturday and just had to check in here b4 turning in. I really appreciate the welcomes I've gotten here and WELCOME to everyone else who have found this thread. Sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat as far as starting over again with WW. This time I know it's going to be for good. I reached lifetime in the 80's and I got down to 118!! Less than I was in high school. Now I'll be happy to reach 140. I'll just keep plugging away and know that it will take some time but I will NOT give up this time!!
I was very happy with this last weigh in because I was down 3.4 pounds-but that was a 4 wk loss as I missed some meetings due to bad weather and holiday stuff.
BTW someone here mentioned craving sweets...I found out that a Tootsie Pop is 1 point!!! I remember reading somewhere they make mini ones too and they are 1 pt for 3 of them. I don't indulge in them everyday, but boy when I have a craving for something sweet/chocolatey, it seems to do the trick.
Well goodnite all. Have a great weekend!

Misery Chick 01-05-2008 11:02 PM

I started off having a bad day, and it seems everytime I come around here it just gets better and better....I want to thank all that come here and encourage...sometimes you do not even need to post...just lurking around reading can be very benificial for the mind....
Thanks again everyone....

Begabo 01-05-2008 11:18 PM

I agree.. Im new here,,, staying here is getting my mind off that fudge in the kitchen... UGH

freedomreins 01-06-2008 12:02 AM

Thanks suitejudy! I will certainly go check that forum out. :) Good luck to you as well!

tanner'smom 01-06-2008 09:47 AM

Good morning!!!

Great to see all the new faces.

Dawn-I love the tootsie roll pops to. I also like the hostess chocolate cake 100 cal packs. All three little cakes in the pack are only one point. Yum!!!

I went to the gym yesterday and I am definately feeling it today. I love the feeling though.

Have a great day!

Paintfancy 01-06-2008 12:26 PM

Yes, I agree, this board is so motivational. I feel like I live here right now. I'm trying to absorb as much information as possible while staying on track. I think that will be the key to aiding my success. Now, I just have to build the relationships with everyone! ;)

tanner'smom- I feel your pain. I went dancing last night. Dancing is not uncommon for me, but I'm really feeling it in my thighs right now. :D

Begabo- throw that fudge away!!!! I definately couldn't have it staring at me :cool:

Have a good day everyone!!!

suitejudyblueeyes 01-08-2008 03:29 PM

This board has been pretty quiet lately -- how's everyone doing?? I'm halfway to my 2nd meeting, I'm really excited about seeing what the scale says on Saturday :) I feel a little skinnier already!

kelijpa 01-08-2008 07:12 PM

When I get away from the chocolate, I usually lose the craving. Something I found works well is the little tootsie rolls, they have chocolate flavor and they last a little longer than say a hershey's kiss.

Anyhow, how's everybody doing! What's keeping you going this week. We have to be wary of the New Year's resolve wearing off. What's got you motivated?

I had a good weight loss, am back to my pre-xmas weight and ready to keep going. I feel great getting back in control and back on program.

suitejudyblueeyes 01-09-2008 08:53 AM

I think this week is going wonderfully so far. I'm really upbeat about it. I got a postcard in the mail from my WW leader yesterday -- anybody else get that in their 1st week? It was cute, a nice reminder to stick with it cos people are expecting to see me back on Saturday :p

I find I'm having to eat a lot of nuts to get my points up during the day... I can't seem to reach 28 without either junk food or nuts (so I opt for the nuts!). Anybody have this problem? Well, I hesitate to call it a problem because it's better than going over... I just feel I need to eat all my points each day. Yesterday I went out for ice cream because I actually had enough points left over for it.

The other reason I went out for ice cream is that it's HOT here....!! January and 70+ degrees??? Anybody else having a weird winter? I can't say I like this very much, I spent the last 8 years of my life in Canada and now I return to heat in January! Bah. :)

freedomreins 01-09-2008 12:39 PM

Haha, I live in Calgary and it's warmer than expected here too! Still in the negatives, but would you believe it, we hardly have any snow for this time of year!

Last night I had three points left after dinner, so I let myself indulge a bit while still only making it to my required 24 points. I had a half point worth of chocolate (one triangle from a toblerone), a cranberry lemon cookie (one point), and then some low-fat pretzels (9 for a point and a half) - not all at once, lol. It was great to be able to actually have these treats without feeling like I am cheating since I was able to factor them all in! That hasn't happened at all in the last two weeks. I've either been right on at dinner or into a few of my flex points by the time I go to bed. Pretzels, by the way, seem to be a good way to get your points up without consuming needless amounts of fat (if you get the low fat kind). It's 3 points for 18 of them, which isn't a lot, but I found 9 last night satisfied my junk food craving!

I have a problem with staying motivated, but I think with the help of this forum and my two aunts who are also doing WW and keep me updated on their progress, this time might just be the most successful diet I've ever been on! This little ticker at the bottom is a bit of a motivational tool too... I want to update it and see my progress! :)