Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-22-2006, 07:21 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default Healthy Holiday!

I've been in France for 5 days. You know, France, home of croissants, flan, good chocolate, fine cuisine, hot chocolate and french bread, snails, mussels, BUTTER and all sorts of good stuff!

Well for the first 3 days I made it! I actually ate healthily! I ate well, and I ate plenty of fruit and protein at regular intervals.

I gave myself a "dirt day" one day. I planned a nice long run along the beach in order to have a HUGE piece of flan. My run didn't happen, and I couldn't find THE chocolate flan piece that I wanted, but I did have some normal flan, I shared a veggie pizza (we're talking HUGE slices of vegetables roasted on a very thin base with plenty of tomato sauce and hardly any cheese), shared some other stuff, like fries and apple pie. My dirt day was shared with my DF!!! I had some great ice cream which I ordered in mint flavour - which he doesn't like. What a shame!

The last day was a total slip-up, but I know why I did what I did and I'm going to learn from it. 3 HEALTHY HOLIDAY DAYS is progress indeed! Last time we were on holiday I put on 7lbs in 3 days! This holiday my shorts were getting loser every day! In fact this holiday I wore shorts!

The scales will show the result on Monday - I'll keep you posted!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:33 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Wow, that's wonderful! I am so proud of you!

LOL I went on a cruise and lost two pounds... it was hard work but it CAN be done! A couple of slip ups are very understandable. Nice job and keep it up!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #3  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Thumbs up

First off, YAY for you!!!! and a

I've said this before but I'll repeat it: In European countries, you don't realize it but you actually move more than you do here what with all the sightseeing and stuff. My cuz went to Italy and ate pasta like you wouldn't believe but with all the walking she did she came back, weighed herself all paranoid and whaddaya know, she lost a few pounds!!! I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you weighed less due to the facts above. Plus, most of the food there isn't laden with calories like here - in Italy, they use less cheese, they see it as a garnish, not an ingredient.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

Yeah we did do a lot of walking, but I didn't do my kickboxing or weights or running We also slept a lot too - so I don't think my extra walking made up!

I'm not too worried about the scales though - I know they'll be ok!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:43 PM   #5  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Now thats what I call will power!
Congrats!!
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:13 PM   #6  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Yay 2Frus!!! The best part is that you enjoyed yourself and took a break. Hurray for holidays! I agree that 3 out of 5 days is a lot of willpower.

Snails? Are they high calorie? I s'pose if they are swimming in butter....
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:58 AM   #7  

Way to go. I am a little worried that when i head down to Louisiana i will not be as strong. There are too many great restaurants, festivals etc. I just dont think i can go down there and not want to eat shrimp poyboys, gumbo, etoufee etc. I know its bad but i have been really good so i am going to have to eat at The Chimes and Georges in Baton Rouge at least once. Not sure if there are any Louisiana folks in here, but if so you totally understand. I will just run a little further while i am there (hopefully that will help)
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:05 AM   #8  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I'm not sure I've taken a holiday where I stuck on program that well, congrats!!

I agree with Sunnigummi, you walk like a fiend on those types of vacations. I wouldn't be surprised if you lost weight either.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:41 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

Scales up half a pound, but I'm so glad it wasn't the usual 7!!!