Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-09-2016, 05:32 AM   #1  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Unhappy 30 Pounds Gone and I Cant See A Difference Yet

I've finally hit my 30 mark after 2 years and I cant tell. My friend said She can see it in my face but I dont see it anywhere

UPDATE:

After losing 31 pounds I was wondering why I couldnt see any change in my body from my face to my legs and come to find out Thanks to my therapist who pointed out that exercise is what changes your body as you lose weight so I need to get on the ball and start working out regularly again.

Last edited by Terra1984; 08-13-2016 at 12:16 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:24 AM   #2  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

Keep plodding on, like the story of the tortoise and the hare. Eventually you WILL make it to your goal. You may want to consider doing something to give you a quick start. If it took me 2 years to lose 30 lbs. that would be disheartening. Please consider WW. I have lost 11 lbs. in 3 weeks and everybody around me tells me I look like I am losing weight, though I have not told them. Only my husband knows.

Last edited by EMERALDberry; 08-09-2016 at 07:25 AM.
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:54 PM   #3  
Turning Into A New Woman

Dont you have to buy food though cause I cant afford to do that. I'm on a fixed income
Old 08-09-2016, 01:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

You probably don't see the difference because you've been adjusting to the new you over time, plus it can take a while for our brains to reset what they are seeing. Any chance you have pictures you can look at, or maybe an old outfit? Because I'm sure there is a significant change!

I don't think there is any special food for WW, though there is a program fee. There are probably ways that you can work the program without joining, but I'm not that familiar with the process.

I personally find that counting carbs and calories works best for me, coupled with regular exercise, usually weightlifting with a bit of cardio on the side. What does your current plan look like? Are you happy with it? If you are, don't let anyone tell you that your weight loss is two slow. Slow and healthy is better than fast and unhealthy any day!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 157.8/151.6/125

Height: 5'5"

I lost 90 pounds on Weight Watchers. It took me a year to do it, but it was worth every minute of it. You don't have to buy special food. Just good nutritious food from the grocery store. And hang in there. Though you might not notice the thirty pounds gone, your body does. For every pound you lose there is 2-3 pounds of pressure relieved from your knees. Your knees thank you. Your organs thank you. You just don't know it yet. But you will. Keep up the good work. I gained 50 of my pounds back and am back at Weight Watchers losing them again, this time for the last time. I don't want to do this again. So I won't. But at least I know how to do it this time and I have a community behind me. It's worth every penny of it. They also have an online community you can join if you can't afford the meetings that is less than joining the meetings. There are options. So good luck.
sheiladane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:43 PM   #6  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra1984 View Post
Dont you have to buy food though cause I cant afford to do that. I'm on a fixed income
You eat normal food, just have to know how to count it.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 284/279/180

I hear you as far as not being able to tell...I just reached 50 pounds and my clothes are a little bigger (probably because I had pretty much outgrown them previously!) It's been a rather rapid loss - only about 5 months. I have been so disciplined counting carbs/calories/proteins and have incorporated walking. I was the laziest person before getting NO exercise. I went to my doctor a few months into my personal program, and she was thrilled with my results. My husband didn't think I was eating enough, but after getting my doctors "wahoo", he was onboard. She was very supportive as long as I wasn't getting headaches, weakness, etc. I've since lost 30 pounds since seeing her last, I can only imagine her reaction when I go see her next year. A personal necessity for me was to journal EVERYTHING I ate, even if it was bad! (I do still eat chips/ice cream, etc, but I journal it to see how it is affecting my progress, and as a reminder what too much can do) I am also a daily weigher..which can be bad I know, but personally, it keeps me on track! My husband was recently on vacation, and in my mind, even though we stayed home, I was on vacation too Funny how those pounds crept back on...I turned it right back around, though and reached my 50 pounds last week. I still have a ways to go - everyday is a new day, that's for sure! Don't give up!! One thing I wished I had done in the beginning, was to take measurements. I'm sure that's where I'd notice the difference.

Last edited by Sassypants75; 08-09-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Sassypants75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:33 PM   #8  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

H'lo Terra...It's me...Your left knee....You may not see your weight loss yet, but I'ma feelin' it. Thanksabunch!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra1984 View Post
I've finally hit my 30 mark after 2 years and I cant tell. My friend said She can see it in my face but I dont see it anywhere
That is Awesome!!!! We see less of a difference in ourselves but others see more.
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
H'lo Terra...It's me...Your left knee....You may not see your weight loss yet, but I'ma feelin' it. Thanksabunch!
I love this!!! LOL
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

You probably don't see the difference because you lost it slow, which in the long run is best, because you usually don't gain it back that way. But other people see it, and as long as the scale says it's gone, believe that it's gone!

I think WW is expensive, especially since all you really get from it is someone weighing you each week. You do get good suggestions if you attend the meetings, but all it is is glorified calorie counting that you can do on your own. Instead of spending the money on that, put money aside for each pound that you lose. It will give you incentive to continue, and watch your fund grow.

I don't mean to offend anyone who is doing well on WW. Everyone does what works for them, but Terra did say that money was short for her.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:09 PM   #12  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
You probably don't see the difference because you lost it slow, which in the long run is best, because you usually don't gain it back that way. But other people see it, and as long as the scale says it's gone, believe that it's gone!

I think WW is expensive, especially since all you really get from it is someone weighing you each week. You do get good suggestions if you attend the meetings, but all it is is glorified calorie counting that you can do on your own. Instead of spending the money on that, put money aside for each pound that you lose. It will give you incentive to continue, and watch your fund grow.

I don't mean to offend anyone who is doing well on WW. Everyone does what works for them, but Terra did say that money was short for her.
I didn't join WW. I am following their original points plan after googling "old weight watchers points plan." There is all kind of info online for free. I have lost over 13 lbs. in less than 4 weeks. I am pretty happy with that.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:13 PM   #13  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

You may not see it, but trust me, it's there.
Do this: find a photo of yourself a year ago and one now. Compare them side by side. Cry that ugly cry, girl, because YOU WILL SEE IT. I PROMISE!!!!

Big hug!
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

That is awesome Terra! We are always more critical of ourselves so yeah it can be hard for our minds to catch up to our bodies, but it's definitely a difference, you've lost about 10% of your starting body weight, and that is substantial. I didn't get my first non-relation compliment on my weight loss until I hit 70 or so lbs. down, but it inspired me to work harder.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:19 AM   #15  
Turning Into A New Woman

MonteCristo ~ My food plan has always been 1200 cal's a day, I do need to get back to measuring my food though. Exercise: I havent been the best at doing exercise regularly like I know I should be but when I do work out, It's for an hour and I use Losing It & Getting Fit by Valerie Bertineilli - That's my favorite at home dvd. I do like the plan I'm doing right now and I must have been doing something right cause I've lost 35 pounds so far.

Sheiladane ~ Thanks for the advice

EMERALDberry ~ Yeah I've never tired counting points but I do know how to count calories if that will help me if I do choose to do WW.

Sassypants75 ~ Yeah I log my food also on Myfitnesspal and I weigh everyday as well. Since losing 35 pounds all of my test results have became back great. Before I started loosing weight I was pre-diabetic and now I'm no where near pre anymore so that is awesome.

SeeMyFeet ~ I love your comment

Davisag ~ Yeah I agree with your comment: We see less of a difference in ourselves but others see more

Wannabehealthy ~ Thanks for your advice, I do think saving money is a good incentive to continue

Dietcokehead98 ~ Thanks for the advice and I have looked at photos one from 2014 and one this year and I still cant see it and I know in my mind the way is gone which is great but I just wish I could see it as well. My therapist did say to wear tight/form fitting clothes and I will see the weight loss alot better so I'm definitely gonna buy some new clothes just to take progress pictures in.

Candidcamster ~ Thanks so much for commenting on my post