Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-26-2016, 05:40 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8.5"

Default Bye Bye Catherine's!!!

I have always bought ALL of my blouses, tops, etc., at Catherine's because they have the most beautiful clothes at the best prices and a lot of sales, special "Catherine's Cash" etc. Since I lost (again) this most recent 13 pounds I have been back into my Size 0X blouses.

Today I decided to treat myself to a new blouse, only to find that they have now combined the sizes -- 0X/1X. I tried on a blouse and it floated all over me! My size 0X are plenty big on me and now that they made them bigger to combine with the 1X they are huge.

This is still hard for me to comprehend, as I used to wear their size 4X. It is hard to get into my brain that I am going to have to find a new place to shop since their stuff is all too big!

I do still love their bras... so comfortable and fit right to your form.... there was quite a selection in my size in the 50% off rack. I bought 4 and came home and ordered 4 more on he Internet. For years I had to wear huge, ugly bras so even though this was a bit of a splurge I don't care. And I can wear them if I lose more weight because I now wear them on the last notch, and the cups adjust themselves to your exact size.

Oh and I got some "Catherine's Cash" $25 discount on a $50 purchase which starts tomorrow so I am going to buy a couple more lol.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 06-26-2016 at 05:44 PM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:59 PM   #2  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Misti -- this is awesome news!! I'm curious to learn where you end up shopping. I'm also very curious to the "brands" of the bras?? You'd mentioned showing us a before and after picture - if you can find them... any luck??

A great be for the success you have ... from the dedication and hard work ... ATTA GIRL!!

BelovedWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:11 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedWarrior View Post
Misti -- this is awesome news!! I'm curious to learn where you end up shopping. I'm also very curious to the "brands" of the bras?? You'd mentioned showing us a before and after picture - if you can find them... any luck??

A great be for the success you have ... from the dedication and hard work ... ATTA GIRL!!

Thanks, Beloved, for the encouragement!! The bras are Catherines' own brand and are called "Fashion No-Wire Cotton Comfort Bra." (There are also some nice solid color ones called just "No-Wire Cotton Comfort Bra." (The "Fashion" ones have the pretty patterns.) I'm not allowed to post links here but if you got to their site and check under the bra section you will find them. They come in a lot of pretty patterns and colors, varying often. I absolutely love them. For a long time they were making the straps about 2" too short for me, but never responded to my emails about this. Today I decided to buy anyway and have them altered (esp since they were half price) but was happily surprised that they are now making the straps longer and I can wear them.. yay! They are by FAR the softest, most comfortable bras I have ever worn and pretty besides. I just got eight $32 bras for $18.50 each plus a 10% discount with my Catherine's Perks card. Extravagant but LOL as long as I can remember I have envied people who can wear pretty bras. Plus I got $35 free coupon if I spend more than $50, starting tomorrow.

They also have very nicely fitting plus size swimsuits... there was a gorgeous one in the store today but I already have three (from a previous sale) so passed on that, esp since I don't plan to be wearing this size that much longer.

LOL I did find a "before" picture -- not even sure now what I did with it -- but I was so horrified by it I am not sure I would ever have the nerve to post it, ha ha.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 06-26-2016 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 324/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

That is SO SO SO amazing!! Congratulations!!

Not to take away from your glory, but I too celebrated when I realized I didn't have to shop at Catherines anymore. Only Catherines, Torrid and Lane Bryant carried a size 28. But I always shopped at Catherines because their clothes fit better. I celebrated and went to go buy a pair of jeans at Ross. Never in my adult life have I bought jeans at Ross. So I understand greatly what it's like.

Congratulations again!!
fat2fitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:25 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat2fitgirl View Post
That is SO SO SO amazing!! Congratulations!!
Not to take away from your glory, but I too celebrated when I realized I didn't have to shop at Catherines anymore. Only Catherines, Torrid and Lane Bryant carried a size 28. But I always shopped at Catherines because their clothes fit better. I celebrated and went to go buy a pair of jeans at Ross. Never in my adult life have I bought jeans at Ross. So I understand greatly what it's like.

Congratulations again!!
Thank you and to you too! You are not taking away from my glory at all... glad you shared!

It is strange because when I start to try on a 1X blouse at Catherine's I always think "who am I kidding that I can get into this?" and then it is way too BIG. I do love their blouses, though. I called today with a question about my order and commented to the guy about their combining the 0X into the 1X size. He said that is for their more "flowing" type items, which is true of the blouse I tried on. BUT a 0X is supposed to be a 14 and a 1X is supposed to be 16/18. How can they think someone who wears a 14 can wear an 18??? After losing down from a 4X no thanks to something that hangs all over me and makes me look bigger. Besides, I did not see any just 0X in the store.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 06-26-2016 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 324/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Yes, lol, it's time to start showing off your figure, not cover it up with flowing tops that are way too big for you!!
fat2fitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations! That's such a nice non-scale victory. Good luck on finding a great new store for your great new body!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:46 PM   #8  

Ha ha <b>fat2fitgirl</b> I am definitely not at the "showing off the body" stage but I also don't want to do things to make myself look bigger either. And actually my "top half" is not so bad now (since I had major breast reduction surgery 3 years ago) and my legs, thighs and butt have always been small. But LOL oh that middle section in front!! YIKES!

<b>MonteCristo</b> thanks for the good wishes!

I wish both of you all successful also!

Old 06-28-2016, 04:34 AM   #9  
Motivated member

S/C/G: 310/259/147

Height: 5'6

Congratulations Misti! Im from the UK so I'm not sure how US sizes work but it appears to be a massive drop!
Hannahb3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
I have always bought ALL of my blouses, tops, etc., at Catherine's because they have the most beautiful clothes at the best prices and a lot of sales, special "Catherine's Cash" etc. Since I lost (again) this most recent 13 pounds I have been back into my Size 0X blouses.

Today I decided to treat myself to a new blouse, only to find that they have now combined the sizes -- 0X/1X. I tried on a blouse and it floated all over me! My size 0X are plenty big on me and now that they made them bigger to combine with the 1X they are huge.

This is still hard for me to comprehend, as I used to wear their size 4X. It is hard to get into my brain that I am going to have to find a new place to shop since their stuff is all too big!

I do still love their bras... so comfortable and fit right to your form.... there was quite a selection in my size in the 50% off rack. I bought 4 and came home and ordered 4 more on he Internet. For years I had to wear huge, ugly bras so even though this was a bit of a splurge I don't care. And I can wear them if I lose more weight because I now wear them on the last notch, and the cups adjust themselves to your exact size.

Oh and I got some "Catherine's Cash" $25 discount on a $50 purchase which starts tomorrow so I am going to buy a couple more lol.
That is SO incredibly awesome !!! What a goal to be proud of !!!

JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote