Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 11-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 164/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks shrinkingjaney,

Ha...love the name! I see you just joined. What is your goal? I have never been in the 160's until this year. That was scary when I realized I weighed 164. Of course I didn't even have to weigh myself, because I just knew I was continuing to gain by my jeans being so tight!

Anyway, what is your weight loss plan?
AshliRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 02:12 PM   #17  

I weighed in today and still weigh 162.

I will not get discouraged because I know that to keep the weight off, I need to lose it slow by changing my behaviors. It's been two weeks of exercising and eating healthier. I think an average of 1 lb. per week is good. If I continue at that rate I will be close to my long-term weight goal by March, which is my birthday month!
Old 11-18-2014, 06:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 182/146/132

Height: 5'7"

Losing weight is a slow process if we want it to be permanent. By eating healthier and exercising you are already doing such a good job for your body. Keep it going
mtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:32 PM   #19  

Thanks everyone!

I'm staying on track. I weighed myself today and I'm at 161! Slow and steady wins the race. I'm being patient and know that realistically, it should take me about one month to lose 4 lbs. I'm still working out, eating healthy, and feeling great.

I'll post again on Friday when I weigh in.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:42 PM   #20  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Whoo hoo! Great job and you have a great attitude! You will never regret sticking with it, plus you're feeling great, that's a reward all in itself!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #21  

Hooray! I weighed in today at 160! So excited. Just 4 lbs. and I already notice a change in how my jeans fit. I can button them without feeling like it's cutting off my circulation. I feel so good. 1 more lb. to get to my first mini-goal of under 160!
Old 11-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #22  
Michelle the Vegan

Whoo hoooooo!
Old 12-05-2014, 12:49 PM   #23  

Hey you guys....it really works! I met my first goal of 159, hooray!

Thanksgiving wasn't too tough for me. I had one serving, but I did have a couple pieces of dessert after dinner. Then for about 3 days after I had a slice of pie each night. The good thing is I didn't binge and eat the whole pie in one night. Also, starting on Monday, I realized I didn't like how I was feeling from the sugar. I had stayed away from desserts for over 3 weeks and I was feeling great!

So, back on track since Monday, but I haven't worked out much this week because I've been feeling under the weather. I worked out on Sunday and Wednesday so far.

I wasn't going to weigh-in today because I haven't been working out and just was afraid to get discouraged if I had gained. So this morning I'm putting on a pair of jeans that normally I cannot button, and they buttoned! I quickly undressed and put on my weigh-in clothes (shorts and a sports bra), and saw that I was at 159! Needless to say I was so, so happy!

What this tells me is that all the hard work I've put in since Nov. 3 of working out 4 - 5 times per week and eating healthy are paying off, slowly but surely. I am happy with 4 lbs. in just over one month.

I am learning that with patience, encouragement from you all, and especially encouragement from myself, I can do this. I cannot give up. I'm learning even when I slip I can get right back up. I used to think all the previous work I did was wasted; down the drain. That is not true. If I stay on track for one month and slip, my body has still gone through some healthy changes. Even though the scale wasn't showing much loss for the past couple of weeks, my body was feeling so much better from the exercise and good eating. We don't gain overnight and we cannot lose overnight.

I'm sure you can all imagine how excited I am because I am just going on and on. Finally under 160! Thanks for all your support and encouragement! I guess I can set a new goal!
Old 12-05-2014, 06:12 PM   #24  
Michelle the Vegan

BOOM! Great job, that's wonderful!

CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 12-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 311/311/152

Height: 5'7

Smile