Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-16-2014, 11:22 PM   #1  

Default Needing New Goals

I am the queen of rewarding myself. I've lost these first 20-25 pounds so many times, I had better be! But this time I've got the added twist that our financial stability is up in the air. I pulled out my reward chart for last time, and most of them are money related, like at 15lbs I got a massage.

So this time I'm just going to try to focus on the positives and embrace each NSV. Currently I'm a week in and 4lbs down.

At 10lbs, my fat pants will all feel comfortable on me, even fresh out of the dryer.

At 15lbs I'll have more energy, my shins and knees will hurt less.

At 20lbs I'll feel comfortable climbing up on DH's lap for a impromptu makeout session without feeling like a complete whale.

At 25lbs I'll feel comfortable to head outside with my son and have a awesome dance in the front yard.

At 30lbs I'll be reminded of how freaking awesome it is to open at my closet and not be afraid of how something is going to look on me.

At 35lbs I think I'll get my haircut... this one maybe a money one, but I've been the only one to cut my hairs in years. It's long and that needs to change.

At 40lbs... well the sky is the limit. I'll start to allow myself to spend a little bit of money on me, getting rid of my college wardrobe slowly and feeling proud of who I am.
ZoahLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

This is a lovely way to remind yourself of all the good you're doing for YOURSELF.

But, regarding your 40lb reward -- you should feel PROUD of who you are RIGHT NOW, every minute and and every day. Not for just the obvious reason that YOU are more than whatever you weigh. But because making changes is hard work, and you're doing it, so BE PROUD!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 01-18-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I agree with the snarky one!
That's a really neat spin on the "reward" concept- I like it! It's always important to remember those little things as well.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:26 PM   #4  
natalie

S/C/G: 233/217.2/170

Height: 5'10

I too must do small rewards. Each pound counts and if a small reward helps me walk away from some chocolate this afternoon to save points for some wine this weekend, I'm all for it!
Here's what I came up with:

I cannot afford weekly meetings therefore, for each week I maintain or loose,
I will pay myself $10.00. I usually save for a few weeks then go shopping.
I plan to hit the Thrift Stores for the In-Between sizes so 10 bucks can be a new outfit for date night!

For each milestone: 5%, 10%, Onederland & goal - I get a haircut

I feel like my goals are purchase related because the last 4 years I have sacraficed so much that It's time for me to really focus on me and what makes me feel good about myself. I love a great pair of jeans that flatter.
My hair is full and bouncy after a cut. A comfy pair of sneakers feels great on a long walk. etc.

ZoahLia --I'm going to borrow one of yours....crawling onto DH for an impromptu make out session! LOVE IT!
npotyonek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Good for you!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #6  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Your goals sound great....You Can DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote