Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 10-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #1  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Bittersweet NSV

When I got married two years ago I was almost heaviest weight. 312lbs, that is obese by any standard but since I am only 5'1 if I stand up VERY tall, I was as wide as I was tall.

So it took a while, but I am down 60 lbs since 1/27/13. Awesome!

When I got married, my wedding ring ..... fit. If it was not hot outside, and it was not that TOM. My engagement ring, not so much. I had to really concentrate on getting it on, and once I had a panic attack because it would not come off and my finger was swelling. I had to stop wearing it, and take my wedding ring off at night

Well, now....my engagement fits perfect, maybe a little bit loose, BUT, it is the only thing holding my wedding ring on!

I am very happy that my rings are getting too big, it means I am doing something right. YAY. I can get my engagement resized without trouble. My wedding ring is a different story. It is not able to be resized.

My husband has the same problem, his ring falls off whenever his hands are wet. His can also not be resized. We are planning on renewing our vows in Hawaii when we both get to goal, but that is at least a year and a half away, probably two summers away.

What to do? I do not want a different "stunt" ring. Neither of our rings are expensive, so its not that, its just that they are our wedding rings.

So...bittersweet NSV.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Being a single girl I probably can't relate completely but let me say Congrats on the weight loss.

And I wonder if you can get the SAME rings for when you renew your vows? Just in your new ring size? So they look the same, feel the same, and you have them at your renewal ceremony.

And then do something special with the existing ones, like wear them on a chain around your neck?

That would be what I would probably want to do. I think if I ever do meet someone special I'll definitely want a ring that can be resized. Ring sizes can so easily change. Gain or lose weight? Fingers change, get pregnant? Fingers change...

etc.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #3  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks.

And yeah, I thought about it when we bought them, but my husband REALLY liked his. Mine, it was supposed to be a temporary one, until we got the one I wanted made. It just ended up taking too long, and now I love my ring! I am not going to get pregnant, and I have never lost weight in my hands. So i did not consider that I would lose so much in my fingers this time that it would be an issue so soon.

I am actually already planning on putting this one on a chain, but my problem is what to do with it for the next year and a half. Obviously I will have to get something else for the time being....It's all good. and I am not going to gain 60lbs back to make them fit again LOL
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #4  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

I was going to suggest wearing the wedding ring on a chain around your neck, close to your heart.

Congratulations on your progress!
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #5  

on the 60 pound weight loss--completely awesome!!!

I like belovedspirit's idea of wearing it as a necklace.

There are things called 'ring guards' that you can put on your ring to make it fit your finger. I had one many years ago and it worked great.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200+/168/130

Height: 5'2''

It might be too expensive an option for you but you could always have the ring melted down to make a new one. After my father passed away my Mum had both of their rings melted down and had a pendant made out of the gold.
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #7  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

My two suggestions have already been mentioned -- wearing it on chain and getting it melted into something else.

Congrats on the loss -- the loose rings show a commitment to having a long, healthy life together, so even loose they are demonstrating how much you love each other and want to be together. Cheers and hugs to you!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #8  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

My ring also cannot be resized and I know it will be huge when I get to my goal weight. You should do a Google search on "ring size adjusters" and you might find a style that would work. I have perfectly tapered fingers and when I was skinny I used to have wear one just to prevent rings from slipping off and I found it quite comfortable.

Congrats on the weight loss!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on the weight loss!!!

They make plastic ring "snuggers".
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote