Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 09-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Wink I don't hate my closet anymore!!!

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Last winter I dreaded getting dressed, staring at my clothes, wondering what would fit. And what did fit was looking worn and ugly. An invitation or special event - not to mention a trip, omg! - would send me into a panic. Or a depression.

I've held off shopping til I'm closer to goal but you know what? It doesn't matter. I get up in the morning excited to see what might fit today! It's like being reunited with old friends! My old clothes are like an archaeological dig, only vertical, with layers of bigger stuff in front going down to smaller sizes. Only scraping the 'surface' but now I paw through them wondering not what WON'T fit but what WILL fit!

What about you? Getting reacquainted with any old favorites? Any you can't wait to get back into?
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 378/tickers/145

Height: 5'4"

Awesome!

I don't have any old favorites, but I have a drawer fully of t-shirts that people have given me as souvenirs over the years that I could NEVER get into. I have one that's a large that I seriously can't wait to be able to wear. I've had it since 1999!
coolacrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

YAY Mountain Mamma!

I don't have any old favorites, but I did buy a pair of jeans about a year ago, thinking they'd fit (bought 2 other pairs at the same time, all exactly identical, that DID fit), and that third pair is too tight. Muffin top galore! I'm looking forward to the day when I can fit into those and not feel like the life is being squeezed out of me, haha.

Edit: Because of this thread, I decided to pull out the dreaded pair, just to see. THEY FIT!!!!!

Last edited by penmage; 09-13-2012 at 02:15 PM.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #4  
I want big pants!

S/C/G: OMG/OMG/150

Height: 5'2~ish

on slipping into the surface ones. That's a hard won discovery! Here's hopin' your continued dig uncovers oodles of the valuable, albeit smaller fashion fossil finds

The contents of my closet and I are not on speaking terms despite my constant state of being the "bigger person". Hmmm.
DeFluffinMyStuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good for you! And yes, I can relate. Unfortunately I had a lot of gorgeous too small clothes and finally gave them away; now regretting it but oh well when I get down to that size I will go shopping! But I have several smaller things, some of which I am wearing.

I also recently bought some nice tops at a huge sale.. bought what fit then and a size or two smaller. Now I am "floating" in the bigger size; the smaller ones are still a tiny bit snug so am waiting a bit to wear them. I don't care for now if my top are baggy on me; it just reminds me that quite recently they *weren't*

I am happy for you!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Can relate! Good for you
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #7  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Yes I love doing this! I am running out of old clothes that were always too small though...it will be a happy yet expensive day when I'm too small for all my old small clothes! And it's coming soon.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #8  

I have a pair of white jeans that I love....they are still snug but they button....I am glad that everything else fits now. I donated everything that was to big. I figure by the time I hit goal my white jeans will be baggy.....then maybe I will have to buy some "new favorites"
Dedicated2012 is offline   Reply With Quote