Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Win some lose some???

So, yesterday I drove 15 hours to get to my old apartment to finalize moving out and such. Do I REALLY need to say that I pulled through a drive thru or that I ate more than I should have because even though I ordered a small everything, that I ate it while driving down the interstate at 75 miles per hour and was not very conscious of my intake? I do! I need to tell on myself. I need to say out loud the things that I know keep me sick. Do I REALLY need to say that after 15 hours of driving, I was too tired to do any kind of exercise? Cuz I was. And then this morning, my loving sister sister shoved a donut in my face. Do I REALLY need to tell you that I gratefully ate it? Yep, I did. And honestly it wasn't that great.

But then, tonight, I watched my portion sizes. I drank my water (read: no soda). And I ever went for a 3+ mile walk at 3.5 miles per hour. I got on the scale.... And.......

I am at 299!!!! I am under 300 pounds. I was so excited I ran up the stairs to type this out.

This is something else I am excited about. You might think it's gross, but to me, it's like icing on the cake. Since I have been watching what I eat, cutting down my sugar, increasing my water intake to at least 64 ounces a day, and have been sweating like a fool almost daily, my BO smells AWESOME. And by awesome, I mean like hardly there. How freaking cool is that?!
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #2  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'7"

You messed up but didn't quit~ that's how it works.

... and I don't know what to say about the BO comment.
EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Thanks. I feel like I achieved something. I don't feel like I can talk to my SO about my weight loss... I feel like there is something in my brain that tells me that I put myself in this position, so I should suffer alone. Not that he has EVER said or done anything to MAKE me feel that way... Self-loathing is a b***h
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Feeling fat is terrible because it is something we do to ourselves, and we suffer alone, and that makes us eat... repeat. But we have to realize that feeling fat is a changeable feeling, and is probably the one problem I have that gives me perspective. I have a great life other than a surplus of food. Some people don't have enough food, or any food. We are fortunate if the only problem we have is how fat we feel. And just think: soon you will not even have this problem. How great is that? You are doing an awesome thing for yourself. Perhaps you could share how excited you are about your healthy change with your SO instead of the bad feelings? That would be a positive way to share how you feel. And if you need to tell on yourself for every transgression, then I say let 'er rip. It keeps you accountable, and it gives me something to read that lets me know I'm not the only one.
And while the BO thing is a bit unconventional, I think it counts as a NSV. Keep going! And when you see another fast food drive thru, really keep going! Take care.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 335/TICKER/180

Height: 5'8"

WTG girl! Keep up the great work!
aasshhlleeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormiedae View Post
Thanks. I feel like I achieved something. I don't feel like I can talk to my SO about my weight loss... I feel like there is something in my brain that tells me that I put myself in this position, so I should suffer alone. Not that he has EVER said or done anything to MAKE me feel that way... Self-loathing is a b***h

Well, you're a stronger woman than I am. When I was losing weight I talked constantly about my trials and triumphs to DH. Even now, in maintenance, I sometimes talk about calories and such. I can only hope he's not TOO bored!

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Its been over a year since I started my journey and I still share about everything weight loss related With the hubs. I don't know if he's tied of hearing it, but he certainly isn't tired of how much happier I am, and my new physique. Congrats girl
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/163/150

Height: 5'2"

Good job on the weight loss!! Don't get hung up on little mistakes
comeasyouare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #9  
Woman on a mission!!!

S/C/G: 211.05/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Congratulations on the weight loss

And I think we all have had our moments of weakness. Its recognizing them and pulling yourself out of it that makes you all that much stronger!!!
shainasb818 is offline   Reply With Quote