Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Default Today was the day

Since the seventh of last month, I have been on my weight loss journey. I have lost 16 pounds so far, and though I am happy about that, I have come to brag about completing my first athletic goal. My first goal was to be able to run to this little grocery store about a mile and half round trip. My first day, a little after I started my journey, I couldn't even run to the BOTTOM of a hill. Today, I type as I am sweaty from completing the task in a tiny bit under a month. I have been going out to run outside every other day, and run/walking on my treadmill every single day for the past month. I have exercised, ate well, and not binged once. I did it, guys. I did it. My next goal is to run to the next place up the road, a gas station about four miles round trip. I realise this goal will probably take a bit longer than this one, but damn it, it's just little by little. Every day is a new day, and another chance to go at least one step farther. Thanks for listening guys, it is a huge deal to me. My mother wants me to attempt to run a marathon with her and my father year from now. So, that's the big picture athletic goal, after a large series of little goals. After doing even the little that I have, I think maybe I could accomplish it. After all, I am living life on my terms now.

Last edited by fatferretfanatic; 04-06-2011 at 11:21 AM.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatferretfanatic View Post
Every day is a new day, and another chance to go at least one step farther.
LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!

Congratulations on completing that run!! That is wonderful and I love that you chose a goal and stuck to it!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #3  

Thank you, ShanIam. I seriously am so happy, so proud. I almost cheered at the top of my lungs when I ran up to the house. I was pretty out of breath though.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 251/238/151

Height: 5'5"

That is awesome Congrats! I want to be a runner too, it's such an awesome, attainable goal! Im doing the couch to 5k program. I like that you wanted to cheer for yourself, I totally clap for myself at the gym all the time lol!
Ishisnowcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #5  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Rock On!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishisnowcone View Post
That is awesome Congrats! I want to be a runner too, it's such an awesome, attainable goal! Im doing the couch to 5k program. I like that you wanted to cheer for yourself, I totally clap for myself at the gym all the time lol!
And you should; if it is one person who should be your cheerleader, it's you!

Thanks, Annie!

Last edited by fatferretfanatic; 04-06-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Way to go! I'm glad you found an exercise that you love. It makes things so much easier to stick to in the long term. I wish I could say I love running I always joke if a ravage animal was chasing after me I would end up giving up and trying to fight it with my bare hands. lol.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #8  

I wouldn't say that I love it, but I would say that I definitely like it a ton more than I thought I would. I have just been taking it slow, so that I don't overdo it and then forever associate it with unbearable pain. When I was around 190, I used to run with my mom and dad. I went from 1.5 miles to 5 in one day, and was in immense pain. My parents thought since I could do it, I should be doing it everyday, and I am the kind of person who really wants to please. This time, I am doing it on my terms at a rate that is better each time but more comfy for me. It appeals to me mostly, because I don't need any equipment; just my legs, the outside, and the will to get more physically fit.

Last edited by fatferretfanatic; 04-06-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #9  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Congratulations!

It's amazing the speed with which you achieved that first goal; I'm sure the second one down the road will happen for you quickly as well. You are awesome, and you've helped remind me that it's time I took a break from working and got on my bike for a different kind of work. So thank you for that!
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #10  

You're totally welcome. I love bike riding! My hubby has a few bikes he wants to fix up for us!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #11  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Congrats
xty is offline   Reply With Quote