Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Default NSV - my cocktail dress fits!

So, my wonderful boyfriend FINALLY got a new job today, he was hired right on the spot! The company is funding a huge dinner in 3 days, and asked him to bring his SO. (yeesssss!) The restaurant is EXTREMELY ritzy! You can't get out of there for less than $100 a person. So... a dress is in order.

I can't really afford a new dress, funds are tight right now. So I opened my closet and pulled out every cocktail dress that I had worn and "saved" over the years. I just KNEW they wouldn't fit, but I took a deep breathe and tried ...but guess what? THEY FIT ME NOW!

Every single cocktail dress in my closet fits me beautifully. One of them is too snug, but I ZIPPED it! (It's a size 2, but the fabric is stretchy-- I would have to be rocking some serious Spanx if I was ever to wear it now, but it's too sexy for dinner with his new employer -- maybe for a romantic dinner later when I lose a couple more lbs )

The last time I tried all of those dresses on was when I had to go to a wedding right after meeting my boyfriend in June, every single one of the dresses was WAY too tight except the dress I wore in my high school graduation pictures (a size 11, I weighed 163 in high school and about 150lbs for the wedding) - I had to wear it, even though it wasn't very cute.

At any rate, the dress I'm wearing to dinner is from Express, it's a size 6! I wore it when I was 19 to traipse around Manhattan with a girl friend.

This is exactly the pick-me-up I needed this week!!!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/169/149

Height: 5'5"

Congrats! Enjoy your night out

I have a wedding to go to next month and can't wait to find something awesome to wear from Express!
AriRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Congratulations!!!! Sometimes the NSV's are the best!!!
Tea Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #4  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Yay congrats
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Awesome! It must be like getting a whole new wardrobe made up of clothes you already like.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone! By the way, here's the dress when I wore it in Manhattan!

Now if only I could lose some of my chest area. Sheesh.

Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote