Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 11-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/209/125

Height: 5'0

Default my 'it doesn't have to be breakfast food' mini goal

My goal this week is to eat breakfast. Since I don't like eating in the morning ( or particularily like breakfast food)this is a hard one for me. However, my goal is to drink a smoothie or eat some type of breakfast (even if its a sandwich)every day.

Day 1 .. fruit smoothie.
Aislin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Put some protein powder in it if you can to help you last a few hours- fruit smoothies would make me ravenous if they were just fruit. Green monsters seem to be popular (fruit drinks with veggies like kale in it that you can make).
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Aislin - I'm with you on this one! I'm not a huge breakfast fan either. In the winter months I actually eat a bowl of soup for breakfast! It's very filling and warms me up too. My favorites are squash, vegetable and potato leek.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #4  

Thanks gals! I actually add two egg whites to my smoothie for the protein )(that should be okay right?)

Great idea Shytowngal. I'll get some soups cooked up and frozen for future use. Do you buy your soup or make it? If you make it, can I bother you for the recipes?

Thanks again.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

This is me too. On weekends I prefer to wait a few hours before finding breakfast. On work days though I really need eat and early. First I workout on an empty stomach. That way I'm not eating for a few hours anyway. I like to eat a quick yogurt with FiberOne or a fried egg on toast. Like you said, it doesn't have to be breakfast food.

I started my diet on Slim Fast for breakfast. I loved it! It worked great! I'd have kept up with it except it made me constipated.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #6  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 197/ticker/136

Height: 1.65m

I started eating breakfast again by scheduling my morning snack before breakfast instead of after. I'd get up and have my snack so that all I had to choke down when I was feeling all morning was an apple, yoghurt, that sort of thing. That would wake up my metabolism without being a big shock to the system and then I have breakfast about 10.30am, by which time I've been up about 4 hours. The snack makes me more hungry for breakfast. Now some days I wake up really hungry so I just reverse them over and have my breakfast when I get up and my morning snack at 10.30.
RoseRodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #7  

I'm glad I'm not alone.

I wake up very early for work (between 4 - 4:30 am) so eating that early doesn't appeal to me. I like the idea of having a snack then eating breakfast after my morning shift. I get home at app. 10:30 am .walk the dog for 1 and 1/2 hrs then eat when I get back. I'll try eating my breakfast as soon as I get home instead. I have to head back to work for my pm shift at around 2:30 so I can fit some kind of snack or lunch in there before I leave.

Could I just do brunch after I walk? or should I eat before I walk?

It gets so complicated some days.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I say go with what works for you, if you are ravenous by the time your walk is over then maybe eat a snack beforehand. I know for me before my workout I haven't eaten for at least 2.5 hours but I know others who snack before. It's what works for you- for me having food in my stomach while working out just bugs my stomach more than anything

I think eggwhites are fine- you put them in raw? I'd just be worried about salmonella but if you are used to it most likely you'll be fine.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #9  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

The important thing to remember about breakfast is that you are literally "breaking a fast". The idea behind eating a good breakfast is two fold. One, you're breaking the fast and revving up the metabolism to start working for you. Two, you're eating more of your calories early in your day when you have more opportunity to burn them off. They really ought to say "Start your day with a good breakfast AND end your day with a smaller dinner." But they never add that second part!

As long as your working within that framework, do what works for you. I can't explain it but some of us just have a hard time with breakfast. I can easily skip breakfast altogether, but I don't.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

Eliana! It's like that old saying :

Eat like a king for breakfast
A prince for lunch
and a pauper for Dinner

I found I do this by mere coincidence! I used to hate breakfast, now I look forward to it each day!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Before starting this journey I never ate breakfast. The main reason is that I run 4 Drug Court programs in 2 counties so at least 3 days a week, my morning starts by testing dozens of urines. So eating and then smelling pee did not appeal to me.

For several months now I have been eating a bowl of Special K in the mornings. What a huge difference it has made. No longer do donuts or other Little Debbie snacks taunt me - I'm not even tempted. Plus I'm not starving at lunch so I eat less.

I have become a breakfast convert.
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 142/139/118

Height: 5' 2"

I have trouble eating breakfast too. I am trying to make it a priority. Managed something this morning, which was a good thing. One day at a time.
hirakukibou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #13  
Nutella Girl

S/C/G: 197 / 135 / 140

Height: 5'5''

I'm totally with Eliana on the SlimFast.
My weekday breakfast consists of a cup of chocolate royal (so good!), milk, half a cup of mixed frozen berries and psyllium husk (which is probably prevents constipation). I mix it up in the magic bullet and drink while I'm getting ready.
It takes less than 2 minutes... mmm I kind of feel like making one for myself right now
imperialistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:06 AM   #14  
You'll be given love...

S/C/G: 328/283/140.00

Height: 5'5

I did the same thing today! Go us! And nobody hates a pumpkin smoothie. Nobody.
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #15  

I really have been trying but I feel like haeving just thinking of food in the morning. I think it has to do with just how early I get up. So I am making muffins tomorrow so I can start bringing it to work with me. No reason I can't eat a little later, right? Like around 8:30..granted I'll have been up for 4 hrs by then but its still morning??

Day 1 .. fruit smoothie.
Day 2 .. two mandarine oranges
Day 3 .. nada
Day 4 .. juice..all I could handle.