I can run a minute and a half now! : )

• to everybody!

I love reading everyone's triumphs and successes, and thought I would add my own tonight.

I've been in a crummy mood for 2 weeks because I slipped up and started smoking again. I'm still working on that one. Anyways, I was getting bored with only running for a minute at a time on the treadmill. I thought I would try to go longer than that tonight because I got a pep talk from someone tonight, and I thought I would try to challenge myself to get myself out of this funk. And guess what? I went for intervals of running a minute and a half and walking for 3 minutes! Crazy, huh? Especially since I'm over 250 pounds. I have my incline on the treadmill up, to save my knees and reduce the pounding. Grabbing some air is such a high for me! I can't wait to run more often on the treadmill.

My ultimate goal is to run outside again. Just love that air and the breeze through my hair. Woot!
  • Well done!! You have inspired me to try and get a bit more running done on the treadmill tomorrow.
    My trainer has got me walking for 5 mins then running for 2 walking for 1 etc. Its hellllllll!!!
  • bex,

You can do it! I believe in you!