Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #1  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again..#1088

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.
We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Thanks Xena for starting a New Thread. I was going to but you beat me to it. how are you doing on your Resolutions? Hopefully you are doing well.

Patty: Thanks for your kind words about all my exercise. Honestly now that i started I am so, so scared to skip any days. My hubby and I are battling a flu bug but I still keep on exercising. Hopefully I won't stop.

rileydog: Welcome

Ammi: Hugs

Colneen: Congrats on -5! Way to go. So sorry about your virus. That stinks.

Brenda and Wyllenn, hope you are doing much better today on being op. You guys can do it. If I can, you certainly can.

Jilly: Get well soon so you can hold your new niece or nephew!

Iwannalooseit: Welcome and congrats on -10 your fist week.

Everyone else big hugs and hope you are all healthy and op. We can do this ladies and gentlemen.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 01-09-2007, 07:01 PM   #3  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone. Work is busy and I am back to having a hard time keeping up! We slowed down over the holidays, but man, are we ever back full throttle!!!!

Nancy - I can totally understand you changing your mind about the job at the B&B. You need to feel comfortable at home wherever "at home" may be. Your home should be your sanctuary and the place you can go at the end of the day to rest and take care of yourself.

Jilly - Hope you get to feeling better soon.

wyllen - Thanks very much for your own time that was spent to make our thread introduction even better!

Ammi
- Here I am!!!! Still hanging in, just wasn't able to post for a couple of days (other than my exercise minutes). I am here to stay this time. No more disappearing acts for me because I am not giving up this time! And yes, I am still enjoying my Gazelle although I am probably only using it about once a week. I am making a real effort to not get stuck in an exercise rut so I am doing different things....a cardio DVD I have, WATP, walking my dog, weights, and the Gazelle. It seems to be helping me stay motivated to exercise. I exercised 6 days last week and 3 so far this week.

Lillion - I really had to giggle at the dialog you shared with us. Too funny!

Catharine - I hope you have a wonderful time in Banff!

I have to say I am quite irritated at the moment. Last night my toilet was running and wouldn't stop. I tried to fix it myself and couldn't so I tried to turn off the shut off valve so at least the water would stop running. Well, the valve wouldn't shut off all the way and then it started leaking water on the floor. So I had a bucket under there all night with my toilet running. I called several repair places before I found one who would come out today. Well out the guy comes and he thought he was just there to do an estimate, not the actual work. So he had not time scheduled for me. I pitched a bit of a fit and aske him what I was supposed to do with water leaking out my toilet and that the reason I had hired his company is because they said they could come today. So, he said he would come back after his next appointment to help me if I would go to Home Depot and buy some parts. Well, he came back and got it to stop running and leaking but left the old rotting seals in the toilet so it will be leaking again at just about anytime. I asked him why he didn't replace the seals and he started in complaining about how he didn't get his lunch hour that day and they shouldn't have scheduled him that way, yada, yada, yada. This kind of thing just irritates me. It is not easy for me to break away from work for the afternoon, especially during this very busy time of year. But now I am still going to have to take more time off because he did a half-a$$ed job at it. Jerk. I will be finding anothe repairman to call, that is for sure. I just can't help it. These kinds of things are really irritating to me and I had to vent.

On the weightloss front, my weigh in is tomorrow. I've gone over my points a bit more this week than I did last week and have not exercised for quite as long this week. Hopefully I can still pull out some sort of loss tomorrow. I feel very hungry tonight but I spent most of my points on a cheeseburger and fries at lunch today. Big mistake. I think my frustration with the plumbing situation is adding to my feelings of hunger though. Gonna go do my WATP DVD and hopefully work out some of my frustration.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:21 PM   #4  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Xena, You poor thing. I'd be furious my self at that plumber. I'd call and complain to the boss. Who knows if the issue was scheduling or the guy just not wanting to do his job. Whatever happened to doing something right just cuz it's the right thing to do??
Hang in there, though and work thru all that aggervation on the gazelle or wotp
Big to you.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:48 PM   #5  

annie i do admire you no way could i exercise with the flu bug!
Poor Xena i hope you have a better day tomorrow!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:24 PM   #6  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Jeepers! I didn't think I'd been gone that long, but I'm more than 70 post behind! There were so many times you made me laugh or said something I'd like to respond to, but time is short. Hugs to you all, anyway!

I did get my treadmill moved out to the living room and put in some quality mouse-on-a-wheel time while my brain sizzled as those pretty little lights flickered meaninglessly across the TV screen, so I've had a productive night. I'm behaving pretty well - you'd be proud of me. Angela is keeping me on the wide and crooked path with the motivation of her "21 Days" thread, and I'm glad I've finally had something to report on the Exercise thread. I just wish I had more time to chat!

Howdy to the Rooster, as well as all my dear hens!
Old 01-10-2007, 02:44 AM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

oh my goodness! things have been SO busy here lately!! i was 6 threads behind!! I went to Montana for a week and so much has happened!!

I also did sports as a child and have torn the cartlidge in both of my knees. i also have a stress fracture in my left foot from only wearing Old Navy Flipflops. they are evil (but they come in every color). i have had to be sure to wear well supported shoes because of it. ive actually blown out my knees on 3 seperate occasions - and i also have gall stones, so i can say that the pain is right up there.

Im very excited because my final grades are in for the semester and i got 2 a's and 1 c. the C was in a study habits class that they forced me to take because it had been so long since i had been in school. im pretty excited, considering i didnt go to about half the classes - maybe more. im on break til the 22nd.

and i weigh in tomorrow. eeek. i did not at all pay attention to my eating and i spent a lot of time on the couch. *sigh* we shall see...
Old 01-10-2007, 07:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Luan, great on the test/exam results! I love your hair colour, in case I haven't already said so. I hope you had a lovely Christmas & what was Montana like?xxxx
Sandy, I spoke to my dad when they stayed with us at Christmas & he had to have weekly bloodtests whilst on Warfarin AND it took ages to get his levels right. I hope yours is all settled now and that you are feeling better.xxxxx
Xena, plumbers! bah! They have such an attitude, shame you don't live close to us, my hubby does all ours, putting in new loos, showers, baths, the lot & he'd have done it for a cup of coffee too! I agree with Sandy you ought to complain to the boss & if you paid for it to be fixed & it isn't they should sort it out or give you a refund! I hope it gets sorted out quickly and that work calms down a bit.xxxx
Colneen, I saw your paintings on the pics page, they are FANTASTIC!!! Have you ever had a 'show' in a local gallery or school?xxxxx
Annie, you are really ROCKING!! on the exercise front!!! Be careful though, a doctor told me to take it easy when you have a cold or similar stuff as the germs/virus can affect your lungs or heart or something, sorry I just remembered that you have to take it easy exercising when you are ill. ( my memory is SO rubbish!!lol)xxxxx
Wyllen, LOVE the new intro. Hey, staying the same for a bit, after losing what you have is an ACHIEVEMENT!!!! Though I know you want to lose more it's not a race! I'm sure when you're ready you will get that fat gone!!!(hope that doesn't sound too garbled, lol)xxxx
Ammi, Steve was hogging the pc last night, I'll try around 5pm, if he lets me, lol.xxxxx
Zelma, I hope you are coping with losing your dad & that you are getting lots of hugs from family and/or Neil.xxxxx
Valerie, glad you are posting again, loved the analagy of 'mouse on a wheel', now if we could live on carrots & a few grains, lol. How is you big man, Gabe? Have you done any work on him lately? I would never have the patience you have, I'd want to ride him NOW!!!!xxxxx
Russian doll, I saw you pcs, WOW!!!! I tried the Cambridge diet (I'm from Notts, UK) but it was expensive and I just felt ill on it. But you loss is AMAZING!! Could I be cheeky & ask if your skin shrank back ok?
I have another 6 stone or more too lose & as I'm 41 I worry about it. I know exercise helps & seeing you running/racing makes me realise I need to do more.xxxx
If I forgot anyone, sorry, time is moving on....
I gained another pound BUT today it's gone, hopefully I will see a REAL loss on Saturday. It was Gareth's birthday & I had some cake, even though I don't normally bother, but I've been reall down again, like eating makes it better? But I'm feeling ok now & ready to 'TRY AGAIN' I've had more comebacks than Cher, lol.xxxxx
Take care everyone & hugs to all you special ladies & gentsxxx
sharon
Old 01-10-2007, 08:49 AM   #9  

good morning everyone hope you all are doing good this morning. i sneaked a peak on the scales(sorry Ammi i couldnt help myself) and am pleased to say i had a loss. well time to get off here and hit my treadmill !
Old 01-10-2007, 09:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Good Afternoon All,

Well what a disgustingly lazy day I have had today so far. I got up, exercised, cleaned my bathroom, and was determined to spend a good few hours online keeping up with my emails, and of course this place. Then hubby, who didn’t sleep well last night, suggested going back to bed for an hour. Nothing like a nice cuddle first thing in the morning, so I said yes. Next think you know it’s 1pm and time for lunch. Woops. Well I guess we both needed to catch up on some sleep So I have half an hour now to catch up here, then it’s exercise time. My emails will have to wait until this evening. I do waffle on don’t I,

Brenda - you are definitely right that the body is weird when it comes to food cravings, or not as the case may be. If only we could figure out what it is that gives us days when we don’t particularly want to eat, we could bottle it and make it the best diet pill in creation Mind you I think if we didn’t have to put our all into our new selves we wouldn’t appreciate it so much would we.

Did you get your treadmill as planned?

Sandy - it’s so weird, but until Russiandoll mentioned the Cambridge diet, I hadn’t really given any thought to my aunty and the terrible struggles she had in life with her weight. Perhaps giving more thought to her and what she went through will definitely help me at those times when I need motivation to get up and exercise, or to not grab that bar of chocolate.

With the weight loss surgery, I know it does work for some people, but like my aunt who drastically burst her staples, and the people you know who did well but are gaining back the weight, I think something like that just wouldn’t work for me. I really need to make the slow lifestyle change, learn what I can eat, learn that comfort eating is cold comfort etc. Like you said, there are no quick fixes, not for the likes of me, and from what you said, not for you either. I hear you on the sense of empowerment you feel when you see a loss on the scales or exercise gets easier. It’s an amazing feeling isn’t it

Patti - I really enjoyed our chat too, it still tickles me how we can talk in real time via the computer, the wonders of technology huh

I never mind you taking a peak on the scales as long as they give you a good result. No worry then of a bad result tempting you to do a bit of comfort eating! That’s great that you saw a loss, you didn’t say how much though??

Annie - how are you feeling today, I hope those flu bugs will pack up and leave pretty darn quickly. Maybe this will be your one and only cold/flu for the first 6 months of this year. That’d be good wouldn’t it Feel better soon

Xena - that sounds like a good idea mixing up your exercising so that you don’t get bored with it. That’s normally what happens with me, but for some reason the Gazelle never loses it’s novelty. Yes there are days when I put far less effort into using it, but I do enjoy it all the same. I think I might mix things up a little myself for the rest of this week. Instead of doing 2 x 30 on the Gazelle I might just do 1 and then a 30 minute work out DVD. Thanks for the idea

It’s great to hear you sound so determined about staying around and not giving up on your weight loss journey. With that kind of will power behind you those lbs are going to fly off and you’ll be getting to goal before you know it How did your WI go today??

Sorry to hear about the kafuffle with getting your toilet/plumbing problems sorted out. Work men like that are so annoying. Why do a job that you aren’t willing to put your all into. Even if I had missed my lunch break, if I went to help a person out I would do a darn good job of it, have pride in my work and all that. I just hope by now you have made arrangements or better still have had the job done properly.

Valerie - it’s pretty amazing how fast these threads move isn’t it. You think you haven’t been gone long and whammo your more than 70 posts behind Why can’t reading and typing work off loads of calories. We’d all be super slim just reading posts here

Well done on getting the treadmill moved and enjoying your work out on it. I love the way you described it, you’re so funny

Luan - :congrats: on the great grades, pretty awesome considering you missed so many classes with the WI, who knows, you might be pleasantly surprised

Sharon - more comebacks than Cher You know what I think is wonderful with you? You never give up. You are still trying to get your depression under control, you have the stresses of life and two very boisterous little boys, and amongst all that you are trying to lose weight and not comfort eat. Sometimes you have slip ups but you get right back up on that wagon. Be proud of yourself because as Mari’s siggy line says, which I am sure I am going to use a lot, 1 step forward and 2 steps back is still a step forward in the right direction!!!

I think it’s about time Steve bought you a lap top PC of your own so that you two don’t have to share the desk top one. No arguing about whose turn it is then I will look for you later on MSN, hopefully you’ll get on the PC before Steve does lol.

Ok, time to go exercise now, but I’ll be back

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #11  

Ammi it was a wonderful 3 pound loss!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #12  

Catherine [aka..hippievanlady] thanks for the exercise advise on thread #1085. Much appreciated
Old 01-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #13  

Morning everyone!

No time to really post, but wanted to say "Howdy"! I managed to get up 1/2 hour early today and did my elliptical to the new CD my DH burned for me, actually a few of the harder songs from my Classic Queen CD - I love Queen and songs with a strong beat get me moving!

Luann - Congrats on the good grades! I had to giggle though, that your lowest grade was in a class to teach you how to study!

Got to run...but I hope all my chicks and roosters have a great day!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:36 AM   #14  
Believe

Height: 5"7

hi everyone. im at work and just wanted to quickly post, that i had my weigh in today, and i lost 9lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Needless to say, i am very happy right now. Hope everyone has a great day
Old 01-10-2007, 10:47 AM   #15  

futurediva what a wonderful loss good for you
Closed Thread