Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #16  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

AWESOME! Isn't it wonderful when you find what works for you? Moderation in all things (including exercise) is a sensible lifestyle plan. Portion control is definitely a key to my success as well!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #17  
300+ Chick

Way to go!!! Congratulations!!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #18  

Height: 6-1.5

I agree that "not dieting" and just changing your diet is the way to go. Simplicity and portion size is a keyword. I really think that portion size is more important than what kinds of food you eat.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #19  
apb
I'm trying.

S/C/G: 293/250/168

Height: 5' 9''

I'm assuming this is the Tyler of 344pounds.com and I just wanted to say you're a big inspiration for alot of people. I started following you're progress when I started my diet and you keep alot of people rolling. Thanks!
apb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:04 AM   #20  

Cool Personal experience - I lost more than 100 pounds in 4 months

If your doctor recommends it, there are ways to lose weight safely. A steady weight loss of 1 to 2 pounds per week is recommended for the most effective long-term weight management.

The preliminary findings of all the studies to date show that combining exercise with a healthy diet is the most effective way to lose weight. Unfortunately, When it comes to exercising people tend to procrastinate a lot.

Now you don't need to spend much time exercising. You can lose thigh fat/fat thighs by exercising less than 15 minutes/day.

The ball is in your court!
Coach Tassakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 07:03 AM   #21  

Thank You after all the years I've been on this site( I am really a senior member used to be classykaren) had a computer virus and had to start all over. This is one of the best comments I have ever read on here. Thank you
Oppaloopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 02:37 AM   #22  

That's fantastic story, keep up hope you accomplish your goal
beauty and fitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 06:09 PM   #23  

Greate man
chile333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:21 PM   #24  

I have an idea as to how to lose weight
Gelila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:22 PM   #25  

I just joined
Old 09-22-2021, 12:24 PM   #26  

I have a url but I don't know how to post it it says u need to post 10posts before being able to post a url
Old 11-11-2021, 03:16 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler344 View Post
Well, almost.

I’m just a few pounds away from being able to say I’ve lost 100 pounds in 6 months.

Since starting my new healthy lifestyle (not diet) on January 15th of this year, I’ve lost 92 pounds. I started at 344 pounds and I currently weigh 252 pounds. The transformation has been unbelievable.

I want to tell you my story. While this might be presumptuous to say, I’m like many of you who might end up reading this post. I’ve always wanted to lose weight. I’ve tried and failed many diets – at least count, at least 10. Over the years I’ve read countless advice, tips, and suggestions on how to lose weight from websites, forums, magazines, television programs, so called fitness “gurus,” etc.

None of the information being the “magic” answer that I was looking for to help me lose weight

On January 15th of this year, I found the the magic answer: simplicity. I suddenly realized (for ME) losing weight wasn’t about no carb or low carb, counting points, taking a pill, eating cabbage soup, trying the “lose 10 pounds in 2 week diet,” but simple moderation and exercise. I have lost 100 pounds in 6 months by simply controlling the portions of the food I eat (unhealthy or healthy), keeping the junk food in moderation, and going to the gym almost every day of the week.

The trick is to not feel like you’re on a diet. Because honestly, diets suck.

My breakfast consists of bacon, eggs, and toast almost every morning. Pancakes if I feel adventurous. If I want a snack during the day, it’s usually some fresh fruits or veggies. Lunch is a cheeseburger and fries, perhaps a gyro or tuna sandwich. Dinner is almost always a hearty southern meal that my wife makes consisting of meat and two potatoes. Maybe we’ll go out for BBQ. As long as I keep the really bad stuff in moderation and keep my calorie intake around 2,000, the weight has seemed to shed pretty quickly.

My gym workout isn’t anything special. I get on the elliptical or treadmill 30-40 minutes a day. I lift weights 3 days a week. I make healthy choices outside of the gym like parking a little further away from the door when I go shopping, walk down the driveway to check the mail, etc.

It all seems to be working pretty well because it’s simple and sustainable. I don’t have cravings. If I want something to eat, I eat it. Cheeseburgers? All the time. BBQ ribs? Great. M&Ms? Fine. An entire bag is 200 calories, eat ½ of it. There’s 100 calories for your day. Don’t feel guilty about it, don’t call it splurging – just control your portions and don’t end up eating three bags and you’ll be fine.

In addition to eating in moderation and exercising, I’ve also been staying accountable with my friends and family. While you certainly don’t need to setup a weight loss blog like I did, you still need someone to keep up with your progress and to ask you how you’re doing – keeping yourself accountable is hard until you get into the swing of things, and then you get to the point (where I am now) where it’s all about finishing what I started. I’ve lost 100 pounds and have another 50 to go. At the very least, stay accountable to your friends and family by e-mail, facebook twitter, etc. Some way!

That’s what I wanted to share with you guys. I’ve read a lot from 3FC (amongst other places) over the past several months and wanted to give back – I’m tired of lurking. I’m so incredibly blessed to be a success story (albeit, still in progress) and want to answer any questions or concerns that I can.

If you have any questions for me or need some support, please post them up. I am busy during the day with work, but I'll reply at night.

CYA

I do agree wuth you.
niamul21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 03:30 AM   #28  

Wow! fabulous, a big achievement. The one who intends to achieve, they definitely achieve. Masha-Allah
mehtabsillent32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:52 AM   #29  

Smile To loss 20kg

I am set to loss as much as 20kg in order to achieve 65kg
crystalliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 12:21 AM   #30  

you must have an ambition
jacob34 is offline   Reply With Quote