Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #1  
Blessed by the Best

S/C/G: 242/220/160

Height: 5"7

Talking One mile down.....

I went out on limb this evening and I ran a mile....I wasn't tired or winded... I went in the nose and out the mouth the whole time...I was running and breathing at a nice pace.....and when I did stop running I kept walking long enough to catchup with my breathing and then I took off again....and once I got close to home I stretched these long legs on out and sprinted on home all the way to the front door... I'm not tired at all, throat is a little itchy but , I did it...I DID IT...I know I might feel it later but i'm living in the now.... thankyou to you all for your words of encouragment and motivation. I kept picturing myself on beach with my husband and kids....that's what really kept me running witha smile on my face.
NavyWife4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #2  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

you go girl!!! your awsom
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:06 AM   #3  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Wow!

I made a promise to a friend of mine that next year I will run in a 5k. I'm going to have to take this year to lose weight and early next year to train (there is an 8 week "couch to 5k" program) but I think I can do it.

This is very motivating!!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:01 AM   #4  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Congrats on your mile!!! That's one heck of an accomplishment!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 249/210/165

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations!! Keep up the good work!
QuadLuvinGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

wow! I tried jogging on my power walk last week and it almost felt foreign to me. That was scary. Now my goal is to try and jog a little on every walk...and buy better running shoes. You are an inspiration.
digitalrequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #7  
On my way to a new me!

S/C/G: 205/168/145

Height: 5'6 ~ 44

that's awesome, i can't jog due to the fact i only have one bone in my leg but i do walk alot, i'm glad you felt better afterwards, that's great!
Savora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #8  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

This will be an incentive to me, too. I walk every morning - but want to add in running. My boyfriend runs and I want to be able not only to run with him but give my dog more exercise (she's trying to find her waist again, too). Although I'm going to wait til I get a few more pounds off. Right now just being on a diet is still so new, I want to give my body some time to adjust. Next week though I'm moving from just lifting a few dumbells freestyle in the bedroom to actually working out in the exercise room. Never really liked exercise so am approaching this cautiously. Afraid I'll get to hating it and then just give up, and that would be so wrong, in so many ways! Congratulations - look forward to that post you make from beach!!
bobblefrog is offline   Reply With Quote